Search results

1. JotaEfe13

Teensyduino 1.54 Beta #7

I just installed Teensiduino beta version as usual and then manually copied the cores (from the Arduino folder) into the respective PlatformIO directory, replacing the existing ones. I have read that you can explicitly indicate in PlatformIO where to look for the cores without the need of coping...
  2. JotaEfe13

Help me decide on a DAC for a poly synth

There is an interesting video about a guy analyzing the board PaulS has talked about, in case it is of your interest: https://youtu.be/VualiZkPlw0
  3. JotaEfe13

Teensy and Arduino two way communication

I have implemented the code to use interrupts, but not tested it yet, as I have not received the ATmega4809 yet, and the board I am using as slave uses 5v. But I was thinking, maybe it would make more sense using Teensy as Slave and ATmega4809 as a Master. I found this teensy4_i2c library that...
  4. JotaEfe13

Thank you for your insights, Frank. I had indeed thought about using interrupts, but I have read the documentation about interrupts in the Audio library, I am still not sure how/if adding more interrupts while I am using the Audio lib would mess up its routines. I will try and see if I notice...
  5. JotaEfe13

I am creating an audio sampler/sequencer with Teensy 4.1 and I am running out of pins, so instead continuing adding multiplexers, I have thought about using an inexpensive ATMEGA4809 (the Arduino Every microchip) to outsource some simple tasks. Specifically I have thought about using it for...
  6. JotaEfe13

Teensyduino 1.54 Beta #6

Is it planned for the 1.54 release to support audio playback from a QSPI flash chip?
  7. JotaEfe13

LittleFS port to Teensy/SPIFlash

Very good news it has already being proven to play audio with LittleFS. I am curious about how the read speed would perform for NAND chips over QSPI in comparison with the current NOR over SPI. AFAIK QSPI should increase read speeds, but NAND is slower than NOR in read operations. I don't know...
  8. JotaEfe13

Alternate pins for ILI9341 and SPI flash in T4.1

I understand. Thank you again for such a neat explanation. :)
  9. JotaEfe13

Unfortunately I am not using a display with touch screen, so I cannot check it :( Thank you, KurtE. So, if I understand correctly, for example what the different pins marked as CS0 means that all they are available as CS pin for the SPI0, but only one can be used at the same time, as the "end...
  10. JotaEfe13

The pin 10 is marked as a CS0 pin, so maybe that means you can use any digital pin as CS (at least with the ILI9341_t3n lib)? And the same for the DC pin?
  11. JotaEfe13

Hi. I am trying to figure out what are the available alternate SPI pins for this two devices, using the Teensy 4.1. ILI9341 Display I am using the ILI9341_t3n lib, but I think my doubt apply equally when using the ILI9341_t3 or the ILI9341_t3n (at least when using the default SPI bus). This...
  12. JotaEfe13

Web site could use a few updates :)

In the GUI Audio design tool, the output I2S object lists: Compatible DAC Chips: PCM5102A PCM1808 PCM5242 CS4344 The PCM1808 should be listed as a compatible ADC chip in the input I2S object instead.
  13. JotaEfe13

Raspberry Pi Pico

I disagree that Arduino is a good IDE for beginners, at least in what respect to the editor. The lacking of complex features can have some advantages for a beginner, but in my opinion things like autocompletion, error marking, method navigation or parameter description are a must for any kind of...
  14. JotaEfe13

Raspberry Pi Pico

I have started using VSCode with Teensy and I am very happy with the switch. Have you tried it?
  15. JotaEfe13

ILI9341 - MISO pin unconnected

Thank you KurtE. You are right, I ment TFT_MISO. I am using your ILI9341_t3n lib (nice job there).
  16. JotaEfe13

ILI9341 - MISO pin unconnected

Hi. I have a ILI9341 module connected to a Teensy 4.1. I have followed the instructions here. But, as I am not using neither the touch capability nor the SD card of the module, I have thought I could liberate one pin by not connecting the MISO and declaring it: TFT_MOSI = 255 It seems to work...
  17. JotaEfe13

Teensy 4.1 - CPU Heat Limits

Nice, BriComp. It is very interesting viewing it that way. I hadn't realized the progression in the T4 was perfectly linear.
  18. JotaEfe13

Thank you defragster, I missed that link to the sketch. In case anyone is interested, I have run the CoreMark sketch on the Teensy 4.0 and the Teensy 3.6 at different speeds and these are the results:
  19. JotaEfe13

Wow, it looks that stepping down to 528 MHz would considerably increase the its lifespan. That joined to the lower power consumption makes me consider stepping down to 528 MHz. How remarkable would the performance reduction be? Are there any benchmarks comparing the performance at different...
  20. JotaEfe13

W25Q256 breakout for Teensy 4.1

Thank you for the insights Paul. Unfortunately, I have just tried it and did not work. Raw SerialFlash Hardware Test Read Chip Identification: JEDEC ID: EF 40 19 Part Nummber: W25Q256FV Memory Size: 33554432 bytes Block Size: 65536 bytes Reading Chip... Previous data...
  21. JotaEfe13

True. I didn't realized it has an F instead a J, that is what the chip is supposed to be.
  22. JotaEfe13

Hi, all. I have finally been able to get my breakout board and test it. Unfortunately it failed the RawHardwareTest of the SerialFlash lib. I ran it several times, always after the EraseEverything sketch, with similar results: Raw SerialFlash Hardware Test Read Chip Identification...
  23. JotaEfe13

Audio issues with Teensy 4.1 + Audio Board

Looks interesting. I will have a look at it. In fact I have followed that thread, as it is a very interesting project, but I might have missed that, or I read it in the past but I didn't remember it. Thank you.
  24. JotaEfe13

Hi, Sandwich. Indeed I am using the adcHighPassFilterDisable method in my current project. The reason it is not present in the sketch I posted is because I tried to reduce the code as much as I could to discard an error in my code as the cause of the issue. As for the SD card, the problem was...
  25. JotaEfe13

Thank you for your reply Rob. I think what you are refering to is gain values for sounds playing simultaneously. In this case what I am changing is the global volume, so there is no sum in gains.
  26. JotaEfe13

Thank you for your response, defragster. I think I should have added in my previous post that my intention is to use the flash chip for playing audio files. And AFAIK the Audio library does not support playback from a flash chip through QSPI.
  27. JotaEfe13

Hi, guys. I want to use a W25Q256 SOIC16 flash ship with the Teensy 4.1 and I thought I could try making a breakout. The idea is similar to the one of this post, but in my case, with the Teensy 4.1 and without using the Audio Board. This is the pinout of the IC: My idea is to use these...
  28. JotaEfe13

Hi MarkT, thank you for your insights. Not sure how to check if is getting all zeroes, I'll have to check it. I thought about creating my own audio circuit in a PCB, but frankly I wouldn't know where to start. I guess I could try learning how to create a proper design.
  29. JotaEfe13

No, I am not talking to the display. In fact I have tested this simple sketch that is doing nothing with the display really, and the sound is present. #define VOL_HEADPHONES_PIN A3 #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SdFat.h> #include...
  30. JotaEfe13

I was working in an audio project in Teensy 3.6 with the Audio Board and I decided to migrate it to Teensy 4.1 and the rev. D Audio Board. I don't know if it may be relevant, but I soldered a PSRAM chip and a Winbond 25Q256JVEIQ flash chip on the Teensy 4.1, and another 25Q256JVEIQ in the Audio...
  31. JotaEfe13

Simple Teensy MPC-like Audio Sampler Launchpad

I would recommend you to get an audio board (make sure you get rev C, as rev D is for Teensy 4.x). This board makes it easier to use the audio inputs and outputs and offers higher audio quality than using internal ADC/DCA converters. The SD card is good for recording and storing audio files...
  32. JotaEfe13

Are there other stores that sell the psram chips?

I ordered a couple of them from Pimoroni, in the UK: https://shop.pimoroni.com/products/8mb-psram-chip-for-teensy-4-1
  33. JotaEfe13

Errors in T 4.1 with PSRAM and Flash chips

@mjs513 Fantastic explanation. I'll have a look at the datasheet. Thanks again.
  34. JotaEfe13

Well, after downloading I ran successfully the tests for the PSRAM. Then I tried the following test for the Flash chip: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/teensy41_extram/blob/SPIFFS-FLASH-ONLY/SPIFFS_t4/examples/flashtest6/flashtest6.ino I was expecting some error, but these were the results...
  35. JotaEfe13

I see. I will try with that branch then. Than you very much for such comprehensive clarifications.
  36. JotaEfe13

EXTMEM memory test program for testing PSRAM in teensy 4.1

I case it helps, I happened to solder the PSRAM to my Teensy 4.1 last weekend, both ordered from Pimoroni too. And the result of the test was positive. Of course, there could be a problem with that specific chip, for any reason. Just wanted to verify that it looks like a reliable supplier.
  37. JotaEfe13

Thank you both for your replies. Have been very helpful. I think I used the latest versions of the libraries. I just downloaded the zip from https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/teensy41_extram and copied into my libs folder the folders SPIFFS_t4, extRAM_t4 and extRAM_SPIFFS_t4. As I saw that the...
  38. JotaEfe13

Hi, guys. I have been trying to migrate a project from T 3.6 to T 4.1. In my T 3.6 project I have a Winbond 25Q128FVSG flash chip soldered in the audio board and I decided to upgrade to the new project with a Winbond 25Q256JVEIQ (8 pad WSON) chip and a PSRAM 8MB chip, both soldered in the T...
  39. JotaEfe13

MIDI Sequencer / Sampler

It's still in development, as currently I can only work on it on weekeds. I still have to implement all the MIDI and continue working on the sequencer, sampler, sound editing and UI functionalities. I will probably migrate it to the next Teensy 4.X when it is available, as some processes are...
  40. JotaEfe13

Serial Flash erase and write speed

Thank you Paul, well to know. Currently I am using a Winbond 25Q128FVSG, so I might try the new ones.
  41. JotaEfe13

Serial Flash erase and write speed

I am using a W25Q128 soldered to the Audio Board with my Teensy 3.6. As the erase() and write() tasks are very slow, I was thinking if the Teensy 4 helps at all in that matter. I think that the low speed is due to the own nature of the flash memory and depends only on the chip and probably the...
  42. JotaEfe13

Audio shield flash memory (SOIC-8)

I was just looking for something similar. But I was considering using a SOIC-16 breakout with a bigger chip with more memory.
  43. JotaEfe13

Teensy 4.0 As a Live Vocal Processor?

The basis of time stretching is easy, but implementing it in a way that sounds "good" is not that easy. Time stretching is based on the repetition of little pieces (grains). This way you "stretch" the audio without changing its pitch. Repeating every grain once you get double the lenght, so you...
  44. JotaEfe13

SD breakout for Teensy 4.0?

I think the easiest way to connect an SD card in Teensy 4 would be with a breakout that has a FFC 8 pin connector Is there a breakout like this available anywhere? Another think I am thinking is the possibility to use a full size SD card socket and use an microSD card adaptor. Could it imply...
  45. JotaEfe13

Audio board lo-fi options

Hi. I haven't done further research on this as I have switched to Frank B's suggested AdioTiming library as method to change sample rate. I can't remember now if I realiced about what you comment on the 44.1Khz - 256Fs spectrum. I guess it was due to some disstorsion in the signal, as sometimes...
  46. JotaEfe13

OSH park purple Teensy 4.0

Interesting. It seems that shipping overseas is just $3. Is there any difference with the original version, apart from the color?
  47. JotaEfe13

Drum pad

Yes. That is the most likely explanation. Those tiny chips are tricky to solder properly. At least for me.
  48. JotaEfe13

Drum pad

You need this library: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/SerialFlash It has an example sketch to test the hardware. If you run it succesfuly, you can run the sketch to copy files from a SD card. Then, you can check the Audio library example for playing raw audio files from serial flash. Note...
  49. JotaEfe13

LCD Display. No ILI9341 chip?

Hi, I had an ILI9341 display and it worked properly, aside from two lines of "dead pixels" that were there from the beginning. I have just bought 4 new displays on eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-2-TFT-LCD-Display-Module-Board-240x320-ILI9341-51-AVR-STM32-ARM-PIC-N3X8-/123238881904 They...
  50. JotaEfe13

SD taking more time to write samples

I am using it indeed. But sometimes I am missing information. What I am not sure of is where/why is that data being missed. I don't know if storing the queue data in a bigger buffer would help. You can check here how to use it with the audio library. What looks more challenging is using it...
Back