Search results

1. A

Teensy 4.0 - sending sketch code to Flash memory

Hi, I had a problem back in December 21 when changing from Teensy 3.2 to Teensy 4.0, where sketch code was going to RAM rather than Flash memory leaving insufficient room for variables to compile successfully. This was solved when I found the post below and was able to implement it. Fantastic...
  2. A

T4.0 Memory - trying to make sense of the different regions

Hi KurtE, Thanks for the advice. I will raise the question in Tech Support and Assistance Thanks Andy
  3. A

T4.0 Memory - trying to make sense of the different regions

Hi, I thought this was the best place to ask for assistance as it is where I found a solution to moving all code to Flash when I had an issue back in December 21. I have been successfully using the Teensy 4.0 Flash, helpfully provide by Frank B, with Teensyduino 1.53. The project I am working on...
  4. A

Display images using LVGL library - Teensy 4.0, SdFat, SDIO microSD card

OK...sort of weird I'm replying to my own question in case it helps others. In searching the LVGL Forum I eventually came across the following chat.. https://forum.lvgl.io/t/problem-with-fs-and-drv-and-file-pointer-esp32-bootloop/658/22 This offers useful information in relation to the questions...
  5. A

Display images using LVGL library - Teensy 4.0, SdFat, SDIO microSD card

Hi... I would appreciate some general advice and a pointer to any examples that may have been developed. I am working on a GUI project using the great LVGL library and would now like add features to display images on the 320 x 480 TFT. I am using Teensy 4.0 using SdFat.h/SDIO to read bitmap...
  6. A

Teensy 4.0 cap touch controller GT911. blackketter/GT911 library example assistance

Thanks for info again. The Robot display quality is good for both touch and screen... that's something. If I go down this road again I will try contacting DFRobot to see if they can provide a knock down library with just the touch part. I am using TFT_ILI9488_t3 library with LVGL library to...
  7. A

Teensy 4.0 cap touch controller GT911. blackketter/GT911 library example assistance

Hi jerrymonkey. Just returning to the forum .. thanks for your info. Glad you got your toy working:). The DFRobot screen i have uses it's own firmware which ended meaning i used the Robot library... real pain as needed to remove a lot of it. Could let me know what screen manufacturer you used...
  8. A

Teensy 4.0 and LittleVGL library. GUI working but RAM too high. Help please!

@defragster. Thansk for the original pointers, I found the working solution to reduce RAM for T4.0 within the thread... forum.pjrc.com/threads/57326-T4-0-Memory-trying-to-make-sense-of-the-different-regions/page6 post #139 summarised the modifications required in the teensy core code, so that...
  9. A

@defragster. I modified my code and placed FLASHMEM ahead of the void functions. Code attached. Unfortunately this has not reduced RAM. This may be because I have not used the correct syntax? Although the sketch compiled and runs ok. Do you have others suggestions I might try? I have looked...
  10. A

@defragster. Thanks for your reply. I'll read the info suggested and see if I can get my head around it: confused:
  11. A

Hi, I have a working display and touch screen and have used to test many of the lvgl library widgets. However, in building my project I noticed that the RAM being used seems excessive. I am really enjoying this amazing library but need to reduce the RAM. I am using Teensy 4.0 with DFRobot 3.5"...
  12. A

Teensy 4.0 with 480 x 320 TFT capacitive touch controller GT911. blackketter/GT911 library example help please I am a returning Newbie after some time away. I have a Teensy 4.0 wired to a DFRobot 480 x 320 TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen. TFT controller ILI9488 and cap touch controller GT911. I...
  13. A

Snooze_TinyGPSPlus_Teensy 3.2 - problem reading gps on wake

Hi, so I seem to have something that now works...although the gps encode function seems to be very sensitive to minor code changes. So, there may be a health warning....good enough for me though hopefully:) Code attached. Am now reading gps data after waking up and getting current data... not...
  14. A

Hi, just removed the millis element in the code and put snooze back in...unfortunately still same problem of stale data #include <Snooze.h>//teensy snooze library //load snooze drivers SnoozeDigital digital; SnoozeUSBSerial usb; //install drivers to SnoozeBlock SnoozeBlock config(usb...
  15. A

hi, just removed snooze and could see that the serial data on te monitor matched laptop time...so still not there yet:) //#include <Snooze.h>//teensy snooze library //load snooze drivers //SnoozeDigital digital; //SnoozeUSBSerial usb; //install drivers to SnoozeBlock //SnoozeBlock...
  16. A

Yes, the stale data is from the code you have highlighted. I am not sure how to check whether this is from the GPS or from millis on the Teensy. Any further help appreciated.
  17. A

Thanks Duff for your quick reply:)...yep sorry I missed that. The Serial.print data now displays as expected. However, I am not sure that it has fixed the problem of the data being old and not current on waking up. For example.. if I allow the time in mins to move from say 30 to 31 on my laptop...
  18. A

Hi I am working on a project that includes a Teensy 3.2 and GPS unit as part of a LIPO battery powered project. There are other components but they don't have an impact on my problem. To save power I am using the excellent Snooze library and waking using a digital input button.:) The GPS unit...
  19. A

Teensy 3.2 difficulty uploading using Teensyduino

Hi Paul, The example I have been using is from the GxEPD2 library. I have read/skimmed through the 77 pages in the "Waveshare e-paper displays with SPI" Arduino Forum thread and it appears that GxEPD2 is the version which wraps up previous versions. Prior to this the main library was GxEPD with...
  20. A

Hi again Paul, I tried your suggestion #6. Unfortunately the code did not compile. I have pasted the error message below.:( I have spent a lot of time looking for links to explain how to use this library with Teensy and am keeping the faith:) I found this link "18 March 2018...
  21. A

Once again thanks for responding. The library is on github. The latest version is GxEPD2 and this where I have taken the example sketch from. githubGithubhttps://github.com/ZinggJM I will,try your suggestion tomorrow:) Hope this other information sheds some further light.
  22. A

Hi Paul, I have attached the files of the example code. Hope this helps further. Thanks:)
  23. A

Hi Paul, Thanks for taking the time to reply. You are right, and his is my lack of knowledge here, I have selected the MKR1000 board as I thought that you have to select the generic ARM board that matches the Teensey 3.2. If I compile the example having selected the Teensy 3.2 I get the...
  24. A

Hi, I hope I can get a little help please:confused: I am new to the Teensy 3.2, but have some experience using the Arduino Uno/Pro Mini and the Arduino IDE. I have successfully installed Teensyduino and see the Teensy 3.2 under Tools>Boards. I have uploaded blink and changed the delay periods...
Back