Search results

1. A

Need more sound sample memory

I want to load a few instrument samples (flute, piano, drums, etc.), but run out of memory quickly. Is there a way to "move" memory from "Program" to the "other". Now its usage is 4% vs. 65%. To get to 65% from 94%, I had to limit my instruments to a very few. And I don't want to add the memory...
  2. A

How to combine a mono and a stereo line inputs

How to combine mono and stereo line inputs I'm making a guitar effect "pedal" based on Teensy 4.1 and the Audio Board. It also has a Line Input, for "play along". The problem is that the guitar has only one channel, but I have to split one channel into 2 separate preamps only not to...
  3. A

Teensy 4.1 - don't have +5V on USB host

I have the USB host GND connected to the common GND. Is that the problem? I use my own PCB. Should I connect USB GND to the USB connector only? The funny thing is that there is +5V between "5V" on the USB and "3.3V" pin, not the GND. There is not really much documentation on Teensy 4.1. Or am I...
  4. A

Do you do copper fill on your PCB?

I make a Teensy 4.1 based sound effects processor and have my guitar preamp very close to the Teensy and audio processor. I can hear some digital noise on the guitar input and want to minimize it. I try to separate all analog stuff from the digital and put all the good capacitors, but wonder...
  5. A

What programmable gain amp to use?

I want to add a programmable gain amplifier to my Teensy-based guitar "pedal", so that I can use guitars with different pickup levels. I already have the buffer with gain 1, so I'll put the amp right after it. Should be low-noise and 3.3V power. And I need it to be controlled via SPI or UART...
  6. A

Looking for a "GUI" library for ILI9341

I need to add a user interface to my Teensy 4 with ILI9341 touchscreen. Looking for common things like edit boxes, scroll lists, on-screen keyboard, some kind of menu selectors, etc. Can do it from scratch, of course, but a jump start will be good. Doesn't have to be fancy, just functional and...
  7. A

Need help with battery charger

I got the schema from here: https://blog.zakkemble.net/a-lithium-battery-charger-with-load-sharing/ The battery is charging at 100ma. I checked it using the jumpers for this purpose. The diod gets a little hot, but not too much. The problem is that the battery has 3.8V on it, but I get only...
  8. A

Who has ESP8266 (WiFi) working with Teensy 4.0?

I did search this forum for this, but didn't see any definitive guide or results. Looks like for a few dollars more I can add a WiFi to my setup. If anybody has it working with Teensy 4.0, please share your experience: your diagram, libraries, power consumption, noise interference, general...
  9. A

"Phaser" sound from microphone

I just tested my PDB's audio part, which is a "reflow" of Paul's Audio Board. The Guitar sketch works (synthesis), line input, phones, lien out work. The microphone works, but the sound is like the "phaser" guitar effect, like it's going though a long paper tube, like "bouncy" sound. Does...
  10. A

Dynamic AudioConnections

Would be nice to be able to change source and destination of AudioConnections at runtime. This way we can dynamically connect anything to anything instead of hard-wiring. The change should be minimal: add copies of connect() with the parameters in the constructors, just call disconnect() before...
  11. A

Changing effects at run time

I'm making a guitar effect thingy based on Teensy 4 and I want the user to be able to select one or more effects and their sequence of processing. I know some effects have a pass through mode and it's easy to add one to those which don't. I know that AudioConnection takes src and dst in the...
  12. A

T962 reflow oven test

Just tried this reflow oven (Happybuy Reflow Oven T962): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LZYEF90/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 No modifications, just removed the masking tape and replaced with this...
  13. A

Can I "re-bake" Teensy 4 to surface-mount it on my PCB?

What will happen if I make a cutout in my PCB for the bottom components in the middle of T4 and use pads instead of the castellated cutouts? Then I'll put it in one of these...
  14. A

Problem with battery charger for Teensy 4.0

I have this charger: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2124 It works fine if I wait for the battery to get fully charged. But if the battery is low and charging, the voltage on Teensy 3.3V output drops to about 2.5V and poor thing goes into a coma. What charger do you use which keeps 3.3V on...
  15. A

Making an assembled PCB in US

I'm getting close to finishing my design for a guitar effects board. I wonder if anybody can recommend a good US-based manufacturer for PCB's. I need it assembled, mostly SMD's, a few connectors, battery and a screen. The plastic case can be made separately or there, too. Thanks.
  16. A

From diagram, to PCB, to plastic case

I'm ready to make my new awesome electronic instrument. I need to design a PCB, make a 3D model of it and design a plastic case for the PCB. I tried KiCAD and rejected it because it doesn't move components with wires properly. I can't rewire everything when I need to insert a new component...
  17. A

Adding guitar preamp to the line input

I have added a guitar input to the Audio Board (rev. D). It's based on TS922 op amp. I put a capacitor on the preamp output, 10uF was all I had, just before connecting it to the Line In of the Audio Board, in parallel with the line input jack. I works, but when I plug my phone into the line in...
  18. A

Bluetooth for sound streaming and data transfer

Need bluetooth for sound streaming and data transfer I have this crazy idea of having a bluetooth module connected to Teensy 4.0, which can stream sound from the Audio Board to bluetooth headphones or a sound system, and at the same time be connected to an Android phone, for controlling Teensy...
  19. A

Got a MIDI keyboard working with Teensy 4.0

I'm absolutely astonished! It all worked the first time. For the first time in my life I soldered an SMD chip with hot air gun: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003TC8EQS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 Using low temperature soldering paste...
  20. A

Teensy 4.0: need an example of using USB host

I want to connect a MIDI keyboard to the USB host on Teensy 4. Just can' t find any examples of reading from it. If anybody has an example of reading data from the USB Host (D+/D-) port on Teensy 4.0, please send it my way. Thanks.
  21. A

Did anybody use CAP1188?

I just found out that MPR121 (12 capacitive sensors in one chip) is no longer made and has been replaces with CAP1188 (same thing, only 8 sensors). Did anybody try it yet with Teensy? I'm going to buy and try it, but if somebody did already, please let me know if I should bother. Thanks.
  22. A

Buzzing noise with audio line input from cap sensors

I have 3 Adafruit_MPR121 capacitive sensors and a touch screen with my Teensy 4.0. When I touch or release the screen or the sensors, I hear a pretty loud buzzing sound from the Audio Board, but only when the line input is enabled. There is no noise when I switch to the microphone. I have LM358...
  23. A

Teensy 4.0 with Audio Board and ILI9341 screen wiring

Did somebody already wire the ILI9341 screen to Teensy 4.0 stacked with the new Audio Board? Ideally, without using the bottom connectors. Just trying to save myself some time figuring it out. Thank you.
  24. A

SD card speed on Teensy 4.0 vs. Audio Board

Is there a difference in read/write speed of SD card between the one soldered directly onto Teensy 4.0 vs. one on the new Audio Board? I'd like to use the one on Teensy 4.0, but I also need the USB host contacts and using them both doesn't seem to be possible. Will I be able to record audio from...
  25. A

Breakout Board for Teensy 4.0 and Audio Shield - not working

Just got my Breakout Board for Teensy 4.0, soldered just the Teensy and the audio board in - no sound. The audio board works fine with Teensy 3.6, but when I put it into the new board, there is only 0.2V on the "3.3V" pin. The blink test works with Teensy, just checked. What am I missing. There...
  26. A

Take a look at my Voice to MIDI (pitch recognition) work in progress

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTb-eU1CPKY&feature=youtu.be It kind of works, but still needs improvements. The pitch recognition is fast and about 95% accurate for now. I think I need to work with the "probability" and ignore results below 0.9. I'll try that next. Also, I need to improve...
  27. A

New prototype of my musical instrument

Check it out: http://QuantoGraph.com Teensy 3.6, 18 touch sensors, MIDI synthesizer, Bluetooth. The Arduino code is there, too.
  28. A

Electronic Musical Instrument

Hello, everybody. Just wanted do share my first prototype of an electronic musical instrument based on Teensy 3.6 It has touch sensors, MIDI synthesizer and a touch screen. It imitates saxophone, flute, trumpet, drums and a steel drum. Here...
Back