Search results

1. S

P Channel MOSFET switching with Teensy 3.2

Thanks Paul! I threw in a 390 ohm resistor and it's still working like a charm. I'll clean up my schematic with your advice before my presentation.
  2. S

Okay so continuing the trend of my incredible prowess in all things electrical, I took out the 10k resistor between the Teensy and the Transistor and it seems to be working fine now. I saw plenty of schematics online where that resistor was included... am I hurting anything by pulling it out?
  3. S

Hey everyone, I've been struggling through circuit design and with this forums help have been able to get almost everything in this project working... now I'm stuck on why my teensy isn't switching my P channel MOSFET on/off. In case it wasn't already abundantly clear, electrical components are...
  4. S

Teensy 3.2 switching MOSFET

AHA! the common ground made all the difference! Thank you for the speedy reply!
  5. S

Teensy 3.2 switching MOSFET

Hey guys, going to preface this by saying my electrical engineering skills are sub-par at best, I finally got my code working, but now I'm working on the circuit board side of things. My teensy reads voltage and then outputs a high signal from pin 8 when the battery is high enough, and then a...
  6. S

Teensy 3.2 life running on 12V external battery

I have a teensy 3.2 running on a 12V lithium battery stepped down to 5v with a 94% efficient power switcher. When the teensy reads that the battery is at 12ish volts it goes into a low power mode loop (Thanks Duff!) where it sleeps for 30 to 50 seconds (depending on the voltage) then reads the...
  7. S

Teensy 3.2 Snooze and CAN not working together

Quick Update: I found that after a while of the sleeping it begins instantly looping without ever sleeping which could account for the battery drop. Has anyone else found that snooze stops working after several loops?
  8. S

The code seems to be working as expected, but the teensy still drains a 12v battery over night. The 12V is stepped down with a 94% efficient power switcher, and the teensy low power op kicks on when the battery hits 12.2V. Should it really be killing the battery over night? the teensy should...
  9. S

Thanks Duff! yeah, the increasing sleep period is a part of the broader design... I probably should've left it out for the sake of clarity in this forum.
  10. S

UPDATE: I have it working now; Still running at 48MHZ as a keyboard. I think it came down to the order in which I was beginning and ending Can0 and how I went about restarting it. #include <Snooze.h> SnoozeTimer timer; SnoozeUSBSerial usb; SnoozeBlock config(timer,usb); int TimerLength =...
  11. S

Hey all, I'm very new to the whole Arduino/teensy/electricity game so I apologize in advance if these are eye-roll worthy questions. I'm currently working on a Teensy that essentially controls power within a CAN logging system. The basic layout is as follows; Teensy reads voltage if car...
Back