Search results

1. R

Teensy 3.6 with VIN

So after a bit of playing around I have found that the 5VDC VIN I am using is only 4.5VDC by the time it get through the breadboard to the VIN pin, then when I measure the VCC on the USB host header it is only around 4VDC. It seems that the device I am plugging in does not work on 4VDC. I am...
  2. R

Teensy 3.6 with VIN

Removing the "while (!Serial);" line fixed the issue with the Teensy not booting. Next issue is now that I can confirm the Teensy is booting (I have added a line to flash the onboard LED 2 times as part of the setup routine) it looks like the USB host port does not seem to provide power when...
  3. R

Teensy 3.6 with VIN

Thanks for the suggestions, Yes I have the latest version of Teensyduino. But there is a "while (!Serial)" line in the code setup. The code was originally based on a example given with the USBHost_t36 library: void setup() { while (!Serial) ; // wait for Arduino Serial Monitor...
  4. R

Teensy 3.6 with VIN

Hi Everyone, I am having issues with a prototype project I am working on. I am using a Teensy 3.6's USB Host port and a MAX3232 RS232 converter to receive keys from a HID device and convert them to a RS232 serial control strings. Everything works fine while I am powering the Teensy via the...
Back