Search results

1. W

bandlimited waveforms for waveformMod ?

Running perfectly smooth now.. again, sorry for the confusion. As per usual with teensy problems, the issue was once again the user. So thanks Mr. Stoffregen (such a weird word in german) for the amazing audio library and for always taking time on the forums, espeically for audio stuff. On...
  2. W

Ok so I tested this real quick, a very basic audio.h-only sketch shows the same issues: no audio output when using bandlimited waveforms on waveformMod1 #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> // GUItool: begin automatically generated...
  3. W

Makes sense, I will try to run some tests on a barebones sketch later today with no additional libraries or physical inputs. That being said, the same sketch runs perfectly fine with the standard waveforms. only if I switch to waveforms 9-12, the bandlimited ones, I start losing audio. edit...
  4. W

New project with Teensy 4.1, DAC ADC and Analogs electronic....

Thanks for the reply, 90x25 thats friggin huge mod matrix haha! Ok yeah I am aware of the classic 4051 + opamp circuits, good to know you made it work for such a big matrix! half a millisecond should be enough for all non-audio modulations i guess, likes envelopes and LFOs <20Hz! Thanks for...
  5. W

New project with Teensy 4.1, DAC ADC and Analogs electronic....

hey man, awesome project, dug up this old thread after seing your name in the new midi issue thread. I am well aware of the River, congrats on that! Now, I do have a question: you say you only use one stereo DAC for the CVs, can you share which ICs you use for demuxing and sample&hold? At what...
  6. W

Thanks for the response, later lastr night I did actually find this in the source for synth_waveform.cpp in the definition of AudioSynthWaveformModulated While calling the waveformMod1.begin function with the WAVEFORM_BANDLIMIT_SAWTOOTH constant did not let me compile, it did when I just used...
  7. W

hey there, i recently started experimenting with the audio library. I am trying some basic synthesizer functions, currently a simple oscillator that has its frequency modulated by an LFO. Very common, basic synth use case. Now, using the waveformMod object makes the modulation part really easy...
  8. W

Quick beginner question - manual wiring of Teensy 4 & Audio Shield Rev D

Ok thanks for the explanation! Makes sense!! I already connected the hypothetical AGND with an extra trace now, but yeah, in that case i could have just left the design as it was, with the AGND pin of the audio shield just going to my "general" GND. Maybe i'll even change it back before...
  9. W

Thanks a lot!!! Kind of messes me up because i just finished routing the traces, but a seperate AGND connection makes total sense!!! Maybe one day i'll look into why 4.0/Rev D doesn't use these anymore i assume the Rev D Audio Shield has that same GND filtering onboard. fwiw here's my...
  10. W

Hey there, i am currently designing a simple adapter PCB for the audio shield, stacking as originally intended is not an option because of enclosure limitations. Can someone confirm/correct which pins i actually need to connect? i will not be using the SD card on this project. According to the...
  11. W

New Teensy 4.1 DIY Synthesizer

geiler typ! sequencer looks great in the video!
  12. W

How to reduce power supply noise

this is very interesting, can anyone recommend a good information resource on LDO usage? which part is teensy using, which LDO would be best suitable for audio application in general? supporting circtuitry needed? i am using 2 seperate big linear +/-12v PSUs in a big hybrid digital/analog...
  13. W

Using a "real" microphone?

i think the easiest/cheapest/most convenient solution is also the most common signal chain in professional audio surroundings - get a preamp to push the mic output to line signal levels, your first option. make sure you pick a microphone that does not need 48v phantom power, ie. use a dynamic...
  14. W

Porting moog ladder filters to audio objects?

this might be the obvious answer you weren't looking for but as a user i'd ideally want to have both options. there are valid use cases for both, and for example a lot of commercial VST audio plugins also offer several quality settings to find the right balance between CPU load and sound...
  15. W

New Teensy 4.1 DIY Synthesizer

der degenerator schlaegt zurueck. awesome project, congrats on getting closer to the silver lining... as others pointed out, especially the GUI on the screen is very appealing and impressive. fv-1 also seems liket he best choice for fx, settled on that too for my diy synth after quite some...
  16. W

Porting moog ladder filters to audio objects?

bro @rvh you are absolutely killing it! and shout out to OG paul for pulling/merging so fast. i really can't wait to try this one myself and give you guys some more synth person feedback, and while most of my synth building is still based on the www.axoloti.com platform for now, i am eagerly...
  17. W

Get the timer/timing information of the audio oscillator to trigger functions

if you are serious about doing an audio project based on teensy boards there's no way around learning a little more c i think. alternatively you could look at the axoloti platform which will basically lets you lego together embedded standalone music devices with a GUI patcher much like maxmsp...
  18. W

Get the timer/timing information of the audio oscillator to trigger functions

i think i have an idea of what OP wants to achieve here. it's not about sample accuracy or gettingg into the low level hardware clocks, but there is a lot of use cases in audio where it would make sense to sync something as precisely as possible to lets say oscillator waves. a lot of times LFO...
  19. W

24 Analog Outputs

i currently use the maxx11300PMB dev board in a similar application. the configurable voltage ranges really lend themselves to eurorack use. you can supply it external 12v or it can generate up to 70mA from the controlling MCU 3.3v internally. that beeing said i did have some (digital) noise...
  20. W

Read Endless Potentiometer

edit. never hear about these endless pots, very intriguing, knobs on my NI keyboards feel great. i spend a good while finding the best rotary encoders for my synth build.. fwiw if you wanna order samples, the ALPS are worth the extra $ over the bourns imho, feel much sturdier and more like a...
  21. W

24 Analog Outputs

Obviously you don't depend on donations but i'd love to sponsor a dev board for you or anybody else seriously looking into writing teensy drivers for the 19XX series or even this AD5370...
  22. W

Problem using Teensy 4.0 with 2.42" Oled and u8g2 or Adafruit Library

yessss thanks kurt, spent hours trying to get my 1309 to play nice, your adafruit fix made my day!
  23. W

24 bit audio boards

hey i'd be very interested in one of these boards, if you end up making PCBs please let me know, i could pre-pay if that helps.. also, since i am currently battling all kinds of EMI and ripple proplems in a bigger mixed mode synth build, i would totally keep any kind of isolators you can find...
  24. W

"pocket operator" style teensy effects board - design review

hey if you have an ios device, check out the KOALA sampler app. the way its slidders lets you control 16 effects is super dope and intuitive! especially the latch/snap function.
  25. W

Audio shield and Teensy not really working

yeah no offense but these connection and the soldering don't look to good. for now you should get some of these stackable female pinheaders, properly solder them ALL to the audio shield, and then plug the teensy straight in...
  26. W

"pocket operator" style teensy effects board - design review

awesome project! since you are coming from pocket operators, do you want to keep their sync system of a pulse on the split audio signal? or maybe add an extra 3.5mm sync jack or maybe even optocoupled 3.5mm midi? would make it an easy interface between POs and proper midi too. then again you do...
  27. W

Audio Shield w Teensy 3.6 only produced a click on init

hey guys i really appreciate the effort, no need to send me a replacement though, i wrote it off under "manufacturing reject".. if you guys really wanna find the cause of it i'm happy to do further measurements or send it back to you. will reply to the email robin. but i'm pretty sure that...
  28. W

Teensy 4.0 w/ Audio Shield and SSD1306 SPI

hey there, i am having trouble getting both these devices to run with my teensy at the same time. audio shield by itself works fine, OLED by itself works fine. i went through a ton of forum thread on SPI configurations but still failing. for test purposed i grabbed either the FFT or the peak...
  29. W

for the record, i am ggiving up on this, after sucking out the first two pins i realized theres no way i will get this 14pin-header off the pcb again. short between pin23 and 3v remains. funny enough, when the guitar runs and i measure the resistance with a multimeter, the "short beep" sometimes...
  30. W

Multiple Teensy and MIDI serial Tx Rx

coming from more of an audio world, isn't there a chance that by just splitting the data signal to several ddevices all with their own impedance, you might end up with too little current for the receiver to register? you migght need a simple buffering circuit. you want to look ad "midi merge"...
  31. W

yes i triedd both headdphone and line out. photos of the board are posted above? i just measured 3v, 1.5v, 1.5v DC on LRCLK, BCLK and MCLK pins (pins 23, 9, 11) strugling to find the right trigger settings on my scope to get reliable frequency readouts. edit: 9 is at 2.8MHz,11 at 11 Mhz, 23 my...
  32. W

thanks a lot for the thorough troubleshooting guide, i'm on EU time hence the late response. will check the data and audio connection w an oscilloscope in a few and report back just wanna emphasize again that the inital click is very reliably producable. to me as a novice it sounds as if on...
  33. W

use any I2S board in place of the Audio Adaptor Board?

very interesting, i was assuming someone must have tried these "high quality" raspberry DAC modules? https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/dac-and-interfaces-for-raspberry-pi-c-6384.html?orderby=price&orderway=desc&orderway=desc i don't care about 384khz sampling rates or 32bit (lol) but maybe these...
  34. W

thanks i just tried (again) to unplug all OLED and other wires, no difference in behaviour. all i get is a short click on booting up, then silence. voltages are shown as described above.
  35. W

thank you! all measurements down in that corner give me 0v, not a good look i assume. i was supposed to measure between VGND and L/R respectively, correct? edit: measuring teensy GND to audioshield L / R testpoints shows around 1.6v each.
  36. W

hey there tried hooking up the audio board for some fft analysis within my big diy synth today. i fail to get anything into or out of the audio board though. i bought the pinned version of the 3.6 board, the Rev C of the audio board and soldered pins on the audio board. here's pictures: i...
  37. W

New prototype of my musical instrument

awesome project! especially given the super low cost! GUI looks beautiful too.
  38. W

Daisy chain USB hub

Hey did you gegt any further on this MIDI merger project? I am currently inquiring if its feasible to connect a teensy, a midibox and an axoloti board via midi-over-USB instead of DIN midi. and i just found out teensy supports USB hubs, so i want to try send midi from the midibox via usb to a...
  39. W

Changeg MIDI Baud rate on DIN-shield

Hey guys, i am communicating between several MCU boards with DIN midi connectors, for the convenience of a ready made universal protocol. but since i have to send a ton of 4 byte NRPN data all the time it gets kinda lagggy and i want to increase the baud rate from the midi standard 31k ish. how...
Back