Search results

1. B

Design of multi effects unit for guitar

n.b. Replaces Thread posted in other group !! Although my guitar processor/effects unit is not complete, i have posted it here to solicit helpful comments. I have been helped in the past by Houston, Paul at PJRC, MichaelMeissner, Defragster et. al. The 'front end' is an op amp circuit which i...
  2. B

Missing image (now reduced in size) from Guitar effects unit

Prototype of guitar effects unit :
  3. B

Sketch and code for guitar multi effects unit using Teensy 4.0 and Audio shield

NOTE TO MODERATOR For some reason the attachment of one of my .jpg files ( photo of device) failed . Don't know why. Have done it successfuly previously. Although my guitar processor/effects unit is not complete, i have posted it here to solicit helpful comments. I have been helped in the past...
  4. B

Available Teensy 4.0 pins when Audio shield D attached

I have an audio shield (D) soldered pin for pin to a Teensy 4.0 in such a fashion that the pins go down thro to the breadboard. Which Teensy pins, if any, are not interfered with by the audio shield and so, being isolated, are available for use by digital and analog i/o connections ?
  5. B

Problems setting up Teensy D Audio board on Teensy 4.0

I took advice from Houston mainly (over several weeks) but also read the documents written by Paul Stoffregen and I now have a working development system though which I will eventually connect my Fender Tele. At the moment it performs duet chorus and delay effects (Watkins Copycat style) and I...
  6. B

Direct read of ADC and transmit to DAC on Audio board

I am trying to locate a dataset in the libraries which will give me access to a dataset containing the most recent 16 bit ADC sample from the audio board L &R line inputs. If there is a procedure which will deliver it then - ok. If not I will write my own. Likewise is there a procedure which...
  7. B

Paul at Houston and Paul at JPRC, Houston, Thanks for the loan of the board pair. They worked first time with both guitar and stereo passthro'. So the software worked ok and the fault was due finger trouble in my setup - not installing all libraries with teensyduino and possibly incorrect...
  8. B

defragster. Yes I invoked Arduino.exe from what I called the X folder on both machines using a link on the workspace. In section 2 it was, of course, the windows version of the Zip. Previously during my blue period it was the ‘ nightly’ build that I used. Will post my code for real-time FFT once...
  9. B

Paul, Paul in the UK, defragster,houtson, WMXZ et al. Many Thanks for your advice for my audio problem. I think that I have it set up correctly now but am waiting for the loan of tested audio hardware before I know for certain. Here is what I did : 1. Expunged all references to Arduino on the C...
  10. B

Dear defragster, This is the end of the verbose build trail which I get on compiling Part_01_02_hardware_test : . . . Multiple libraries were found for "SPI.h" Used: C:\Arduino Multiple libraries were found for "SD.h" Used: C:\Arduino Not used: C:\Arduino Multiple libraries were found for...
  11. B

Defragster. That link time printout that’s you gave me will be a very useful diagnostic. Thanks. I think you have hit the nub of the problem ! Although I used to teach C for the UK open university my knowledge of libraries, precedences etc is now somewhat lacking (I’m an Ada man really). I will...
  12. B

Actually commenting out the #include statements was what I did before electing to include only audio.h. The reason for doing that was that, at one stage, I was producing compilation failure due to multiple instances of library objects. I resolved that issue but selected only audio.h from the...
  13. B

If my memory serves me correctly then Audio.h alone contains all the : #include <*.h> statements to bring in the relevant headers ?
  14. B

Wmxz. Thanks for the advice to install ALL libraries. I will indeed do that. It did however compile. At this time, after trying all suggestions with no +be outcome, I have returned T4+Audio to pjrc for testing. The return time could be one month because I live in the uk. I am impressed with your...
  15. B

Reply from Brian 44 Houtson & Paul, I use a PC Win 10, 1.4.10 Version of Arduino overwritten with Teensyduino 1.48 for windows selecting ONLY the Audio library. The other libraries are unchecked. I tried the Part_01_02_ Hardware Test. No Beep.( My computer didn't recognise the USB serial line...
  16. B

Paul, I've bought 2 audio boards, 3 Teensy 4.0 's and numerous headers from both Cool Components and PJRC Nothing works - even removed from the breadboard. Is there anyway that I could make a final purchase of a soldered and tested pair of Teensy + Audio shield from PJRC. My interest lies in...
  17. B

I have connected my Teensy 4.0 to an Audio shield Revision D and I get no headphone output using the recommended guitar test. The Audio shield is mounted on top of the Teensy 4 using female headers pointing down onto the pins soldered to the Teensy 4 . I have checked the continuity from below...
  18. B

Reading line I/o on audio shield

Fragster. Thanks for your help. I have all the new components purchased for the Teensy 4 + Audio. Have been using the GUI tool and reading the documentation on the Audio chip itself but cannot find a hook to where the audio samples arrive from the line ADC and to where they are dispatched to the...
  19. B

Problems using Teensy 4.0 Audio Lib and GUI

I am having problems setting up a Teensy 4.0 with an audio shield to use the GUI software. This is what I have done in sequence: 1. Downloaded the zip file for Arduino 1.8.10 - archived it 2. Unzipped it and copy all of its contents intoan empty folder c:/Arduino 1.8.10/ 3. Dowwnloaded...
  20. B

Thanks defragster, Yes. I think that’s the way forward for me. I dismissed the tutorial previously, as being trivial and not the way I need to process my guitar project, however I can see that if I set up a design which uses io to the audio board then I can export that design onto a blank sketch...
  21. B

I wish to read any line input (using teensy 4.0 £ from the audio shield and then write it either to the line or headphone output or both. Are there any primitive functions in C to do this ? Does a simple program exist to do this in the audio library ?
  22. B

Access to analog input and headphones

Are there primitive functions in the audio lib (or outside it) which will allow me to read single 16 bit values from the line inputs of the audio shield into the Teensy 4.0 and also the complementary function to write values to the headphone output. If so could you please identify the functions...
Back