Search results

1. F

Group Multiple Audio Objects into One Class

Hello TigerBalm. I've had this problem too, when building my synthesizer. You can access the audio objects from an array, like described in this post. https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/58158-Accessing-Audio-Objects-from-an-Array You can also dynamically connect audio objects, but I would not...
  2. F

Porting moog ladder filters to audio objects?

Hello TigerBalm, weird, I noticed too that somehow, there are different versions of the gui tool. (with different indexes? :confused:) This here -> https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/ does not include the filter, whereas this here ->...
  3. F

Hi Richard, thank you, I changed the coefficients and corrected the bug you found in the poly update routine and now it works great with relatively low CPU usage (also 4% for 2x oversampling and linear interpolation on my system). I will also have a look at the full model, but unfortunately...
  4. F

Hello all. First, many thanks for all the effort, the filter sounds great! I am using the "simplified model", that is currently in the official Audio Library. But it really is ressource-hungry. On my Teensy 4 running at 600MHz, the filter needs a bit over 7 % CPU time. With linear...
  5. F

New Audio Object: polyBLEP Oscillator with bandlimited hard-sync

I don't think it would fit the fixed-point, optimized style of the library. All the calculations are in float (and I feel not competent enough to implement the BLEPs and sync in integer math). But let's see what Paul thinks of it.
  6. F

I've already run into some light performance issues, so I don't want to "bloat" to code any more by moving to proper bleps. When using lots of polyphony (currently I'm at 16 voices for my synth), the CPU time even on Teensy 4 is quite limited.
  7. F

Hello MarkT, my implementation is only a two-sample polyBLEP, so it will only reduce the aliasing. What exactly do you mean with spurs? Spikes in the Frequency spectrum?
  8. F

Linker Issue with including 2 Faust objects

No, not yet. Maybe there's a fix from the faust developers, but I think not. I have been given up on faust for Teensy because of the big data overhead.
  9. F

triangle & sawtooth oscillators : how to deal with aliasing ?

Seems like different people are working in parallel at the same problems :D I recently created a polyBLEP oscillator, you might have a look at it (https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/62240-New-Audio-Object-polyBLEP-Oscillator-with-bandlimited-hard-sync) Apparently i was too fast with opening a new...
  10. F

Hello there :) I have been digging deep into the rabbit hole of anti-aliasing lately and have succeeded to finish an oscillator object for my Teensy synth, which I want to share with you. Since there are not many poly-BLEP implementations for Teensy, this object could be helpful for the ones...
  11. F

Using Faust with Teensy

I also have the same problem and accidently started a new thread here on the forum (didn't use the search function, shame on me). I noticed, that you get those errors with " multiple definition of `__exidx_end' " when you include more than one faust objects in your Arduino sketch. The Arduino...
  12. F

Linker Issue with including 2 Faust objects

Hello folks, I have started experimenting with Faust DSP objects for the Teensy Audio Library and came across some weird linker error. I already started an Github issue on the Faust Github website (https://github.com/grame-cncm/faust/issues/434) and the guy from Faust suggested that I might ask...
  13. F

Teensy 4.0 Synthesizer Project - Crashing Issues

Maybe you got a short circuit in your keyboard matrix when pressing multiple keys? Short circuits crashing the Teensy happened to me once with a faulty pushbutton. But since you said, that your error also occurs, when you are playing fast... You could try to scale your program down even...
  14. F

Teensy Synthesizer | Waveform aliasing "Problem"

So, recently I have been experimenting with polyBLEPS a little bit. I tried to implement the algorithm described in this blog: http://www.martin-finke.de/blog/articles/audio-plugins-018-polyblep-oscillator/ into the Audio library. It hurts a little bit to contaminate the highly optimized Audio...
  15. F

Teensy Synthesizer | Waveform aliasing "Problem"

Hello folks! I recently ran into the same aliasing problem while building a synthesizer. The standard sawtooth waveform is indeed strongly affected. I'd ask, since @ohoomens built this really fancy sensei-synth, which apparently offers modulated waveforms (which are maybe even anti-aliased?)...
  16. F

Teensy based multistage distortion modeling pedal

@ houtson Thank you very much!
  17. F

Teensy based multistage distortion modeling pedal

Hello @houtson I would be very glad, if you could share those tables for the standard audio library waveshaper module. Where can I find them? :)
  18. F

Accessing Audio Objects from an Array

I should've spent some time with looking up the problem myself before posting, sorry. I'm finally going to settle on this form: int* ary = new int[sizeX*sizeY]; // ary[i][j] is then rewritten as ary[i*sizeY+j]
  19. F

Many thanks! Does this also work with 2D -Arrays? Calling AudioSynthWaveformModulated* oscillators = new AudioSynthWaveformModulated[16][3]; doesn't compile
  20. F

Hello Folks! I'm very happy with the Teensy Boards and am currently building a polyphonic synthesizer based on the Teensy 4.0 and the Audio Shield Rev C. Therefore, I'd like to store some AudioSynthWaveform objects into an Array, so I can easily access them, but apparently this is impossible...
Back