Search results

1. R

Reading List

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm pretty sure I've got an old copy of K&R in a box in the basement. Time to dust it off, though I remember it being more of a reference than a tutorial on coding practices.
  2. R

Reading List

Haven't found this on the forum. If I missed it, please point me at it. Without a formal education in any modern computer languages, I've always been a 'fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants' programmer, learning only what I needed to know to accomplish my current task. My code works, but it's inelegant...
  3. R

Running 15 servos on Teensy 4.1 - Too much current draw?

Ha! That first line is kinda funny. I wish it were that easy these days, but unfortunately it takes a little more than that for me. Sorry to hear about the Trinket. As PhilB said, if you've got some proof get after them. I'm sure the community would support you. I was speaking about Adafruit...
  4. R

Running 15 servos on Teensy 4.1 - Too much current draw?

Don't buy knock-offs! I disagree! Yes, Adafruit is expensive, but they put in the engineering time and the software development costs to create boards and libraries that a lot of us use. And this doesn't even include support costs such as documentation, education and forum management. Who pays...
  5. R

Teensy 4.1 External 3.3V Power

See if this answers your question https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/60373-Can-t-program-Teensy-4-0-after-Vin-trace-is-cut-and-supplyng-external-3-3v
  6. R

Can't program Teensy 4.0 after Vin trace is cut and supplyng external 3.3v

Thank you, Paul. As jrraines said, "That makes it clear." I didn't find anything in the existing documentation that mentions it. Maybe I missed it. If not, I hope it will be added to the web site to prevent this hiccup for new users. Take care. PS: I'm a big Teensy 4.0 fan!!!
  7. R

Can't program Teensy 4.0 after Vin trace is cut and supplyng external 3.3v

I'm having the same 'problem' with my Teensy 4.0, though I don't think it's a true problem, just a feature. The note on the back of the Teensy 4.0 'Welcome Card' regarding the jumper trace between the VUSB and the VIN pin says, "Cut to separate VIN from VUSB, if using battery or external...
  8. R

Another Teensy 4.0 Breakout Board

My (1.6mm) boards arrived earlier this week. I live in Europe, and I had my order in hand a scant 6 calendar days after placement! In my experience, OSH Park has always under-promised and over-delivered. I ordered every board in the suite. I doubt I'll ever use a couple of them, but since fast...
  9. R

RA8875 Library with Teensy 4.0

Thanks for the rapid responses. I'll check this stuff out, but I also suspect that I may have some errant files and/or directories on my system. I'll be in touch. Thanks again.
  10. R

RA8875 Library with Teensy 4.0

Teensy 4.0 doesn't work with RA8875 Library I'm thinking my question may have already been discussed and solved, but my searches on the Forum has so far been in vain. Please point me at the answer if it's already here. Up to now my Teensy of choice has been the 3.2. Currently I'm using it...
Back