Search results

1. M

Possible to use different DOUT pin for I2S mic?

Thanks Paul. I gave it a try, but I say yet another strange type of flickering. I disabled the audio module and my cape was a big hit at the show. I'll be paying closer attention to pin assignments for the next iteration.
  2. M

For posterity, it looks like this did not work. All the LED channels were garbled.
  3. M

Ah that's tremendous. Extra audio memory should be no problem, because every compile I feel like Scrooge McDuck sitting on a giant stack of memory when using the 4.1. I should have mentioned that basically every pin on the controller is being used, including 8,6,9,32 with OCTOWS2811 to drive...
  4. M

Thanks for the info Mark, this is good to know. It might let me limp by until I can get a new board if it is not possible to resolve this issue.
  5. M

Hello! I recently rushed a board to completion, and it looks like I reassigned the DOUT pin of my i2s mic to pin 32, instead of the default of pin 8. Is it possible to use PIN 32 as DOUT with the audio library? I am using the SPH0645 with pins (3V, GND, BCLK [21], DOUT[32], LRCLK[20], SEL...
  6. M

Octo2811 with FastLED

Figured it out: https://gist.github.com/Flavourdynamics/f051a94b97b586900b3bd06563266275
  7. M

Octo2811 with FastLED

fastled teensy 4 Found this with basically the same question. The post suggests to me that the second part is the 'controller'. I'm using WS2813 with a Teensy 4.0 to test this to see if I should buy a 4.1 to output to 28 data lines. Here's the [example I...
  8. M

Teensy 4.0 I2S MIC Breaks FastLED

Thanks for your reply! You're very right. I think for this type of application the SPI chipsets are absolutely the way to go. In this case, I don't really need high precision, so I was hoping to eek out some rough audio data. However, as you said, the strict timing requirements of clockless...
  9. M

Thanks for the reply. I went back into the sketch to add Octo and I found some interesting when I removed the delay normally necessary to write LEDs on the 4.0. It's very finicky, but I might be able to make something happen there. I'll update you if I find anything new.
  10. M

Teensy 4.0 ADC FFT - Current State

#include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> // GUItool: begin automatically generated code AudioInputAnalog adc1(A6); //xy=263.00000762939453,49.00000476837158 //AudioSynthWaveformSine sine1...
  11. M

Thanks for taking a look I'll add the code with tags. I tried every pin for the ADC using adc1(A0-A7), I just moved it to A2 to more easily test different audio library configs.
  12. M

Hello! I have been working through a number of microphones to get FFT working from the Teensy 4.0. All of the code worked great with the i2s microphone, but then I found out it spoiled the timing for writing to WS2813 LEDs. Then I decided to make the modification to an Adafruit MAX4466...
  13. M

That makes sense. I'm just a little bit confused that it seems to break output even when FastLED is only writing one light. It break output even if it only writes to that light once every second, that's the tricky part. I'll have to look more at solutions for the FASTLED_ALLOW_INTERRUPTS 0, but...
  14. M

Hello everyone! I have finally been able to assemble all my components for my LED project. It consists of: 1. Teensy 4.0 2. 1680 WS2813 LEDs 3. SPH0645LM4H-B breakout microphone 4. HC-05 Bluetooth 5. Passives, level shifter, and minor sensors. The objective has been to display various patterns...
  15. M

Power supply for Teensy 4 + Audio Adaptor?

It's strange that you get such different behavior from the laptop and the desktop. Most desktop USBs provide around 500ma, and I imagine the laptop should be around the same. Do you have any powerbanks? Are you able to measure the power line with a multimeter?
  16. M

Is a decoupling capacitor necessary for 5v in on the Teensy 4.0?

Thanks for the reply I didn't know noise and ripple were different things I'll have to check it out. Good call on the little cap. I've added it to my schematic. The project powers 1680 WS2812 style LEDs. The 1000uf is on the 5V power line for those. Most guides for WS2812 style LEDs...
  17. M

Sounds good. Thanks a bunch for taking a look and the recommendations!
  18. M

Hello! I'm working on a project using the Teensy 4.0. I will be powering it via the 5v in port attached to a 5v power bank. The Teensy will be the only thing powered by this powerbank. Is a decoupling(I think that is the right word) necessary on the power supply? Thanks for taking a look at my...
  19. M

Teensy 4 Not Appearing as USB Device

I've measured the voltage from 5V to ground and it is 5V. From 3.3 to ground it is .11V. I have to step out for a little bit, but thanks for the help.
  20. M

Yeah, I've tried 3 cables so far, but can you describe from where to where I am measuring voltage? From the 5v pin to ground?
  21. M

RIP. Thanks for your help!
  22. M

No LED action at all, even after holding for 15 seconds.
  23. M

No luck! Thank you for your response! I plugged it in and held the button for 15 seconds and then hit it again. I did this 3 times, but no results. None of the onboard LEDs blink anymore. I was running [this](https://pastebin.com/TPfPipB1) code, which should be decently inoffensive. It might...
  24. M

Hello, yesterday I was doing some very basic software testing on the Teensy 4. I don't believe that I had it connected to anything other than USB. When I tried to run some code on it today it did not appear in the Arduino IDE or even in device manager. It also does not make the sound that...
  25. M

Teensy 4 i2c FFT -> no data

That did it! I didn't know what to look for on the card. Thanks for take a look for me. I appreciate it.
  26. M

Thanks for the help. I've toyed around with a few values and using the values suggested I get output, but when I reduce the gain of the sine wave to zero there output drops to zero. I don't want to have a sine wave in the final output, but I just wanted to make sure that the FFT was working at...
  27. M

Whoops! I added: AudioMemory(8); mixer.gain(0, 1); mixer.gain(1, 1); mixer.gain(2, 1); mixer.gain(3, 1); to the setup line and I seem to be getting some data now. Thanks for the help! edit: It looks like there is data from the sine wave, but no data coming from the i2s. It's too bad I...
  28. M

Hello! I recently encountered a bit of a problem while trying to get audio visualization work. When I bought the Teensy 4 I did not know the extend of the audio library coverage. Because the ADC is not set up for the Teensy 4, I ordered a SPH0645 I2S MEMS Microphone Breakout Sensor Board. It...
  29. M

Teensy 4.0 Sound from Electret Bob to FFT

More great information! Thank you. I thought i2s was a higher level system, but it looks like little i2s BOBs may be just as good as the analog one I have.
  30. M

That looks like a great option. I don't need it to be a particularly clean signal, but it still seems like it does what I need. Thanks for your help!
  31. M

A good suggestion, I'm hoping to avoid additional hardware, so waiting looks like the best option for the time being. Thanks for your help.
  32. M

Hello! I just purchased the 4.0 and I was looking to do some FFT on live audio. I currently have a microphone that produces a 1.25V biased 2V peak to peak signal which I have been using with a MSGEQ7 and Teensy 2.0++. I would like to cut out the temperamental middleman and do it in software. I...
Back