Search results

1. S

Teensy 4.1 TDM issue

Hi, Frank. I checked multiple times for any grounding / ground loop issues and couldn't find any. It still doesn't explain why the same issues don't appear with I2S :rolleyes: Anyway, I borrowed a second T4.1 to check if my sample is possibly defective and did a lot more testing today. Managed...
  2. S

Teensy 4.1 TDM issue

Thank you so much Paul and Frank for all your help. I will build and post the HEX file for testing, hopefully that will tell us somewhat more :)
  3. S

Teensy 4.1 TDM issue

Paul, I tried exactly that already with the same results... On the breadboard and on the PCB made only for testing purpose. I even connected only TDM and TFT pins to eliminate everything else, but the results were the same :(
  4. S

Teensy 4.1 TDM issue

I use the same code on T4.0 and T4.1, and the same code for I2S and TDM. The only thing that changes is AudioOutputI2S / AudioOutputTDM and AudioConnection (0, 1 in I2S mode / 0, 2 in TDM mode). I wrote approx. 30 new AudioLibrary objects for my needs, but use original I2S / TDM output objects...
  5. S

Teensy 4.1 TDM issue

Like I wrote in the initial post, my preferred DAC is 8-ch Texas Instruments PCM1681. I've used both PCM1681PWPR-Q1 and PCM1681PWP in several T3.6/T4.0 synth projects during last 2 years and everything is working smooth and without any issues. The main reason I decided to use this DAC is because...
  6. S

Teensy 4.1 TDM issue

Yeah, I'll try different SPI clocks next and also turning off DSE for pin 13. Thanks!
  7. S

Teensy 4.1 TDM issue

Thank you guys so much for trying. I can't understand why the problem doesn't appear with your equipment, because it's definitely not an issue with the hardware I've built: even if we disregard the fact I have a master's degree in electronics and 20+ years of experience in the field, the tests...
  8. S

Teensy 4.1 TDM issue

Sure! Here's a piece of code I used to test my setup. There's a dummy drawRect in the loop just to push SPI data at 30MHz (#define ILI9341_SPICLOCK 30000000). #include <Audio.h> #include <SPI.h> #include "ILI9341_t3.h" #define TFT_DC 29 #define TFT_CS 10 AudioOutputTDM tdm...
  9. S

Teensy 4.1 TDM issue

I'm almost positive it's a bug :( My initial setup was with 40 buffers allocated, I tried 64 and 96 with no difference whatsoever. I also tested my firmware with only 2 channels active, AudioMemoryUsageMax() reports 6-8 buffers are used but the problem remains... And it works normally with T4.0...
  10. S

Teensy 4.1 TDM issue

Thanks, Frank. If I only knew what the differences are... ;)
  11. S

Teensy 4.1 TDM issue

Hi, Teensy warriors! I've run into a weird T4.1 issue. Currently working on a manufactured prototype PCB with two MCUs (T4.0 and T4.1), 4 I2S/TDM ΔΣ DACs (CS42448, PCM1681, PCM3060 and WM8731), 2 SPI TFTs (ILI9225 and ILI9341), additional 8-ch ADCs on SPI2, 16 pots multiplexed with 74HC4067...
  12. S

Teensy 4.0, I2S, AudioPlayQueue, Timer interrupts & more

Hey there, no need to apologize :) Yes, PCM1681-Q1 is my workhorse and it worked straight away with T4 in both I2S and TDM mode. I'm using it in hardware config because it requires no pins or code from Teensy. PCM1681 hardware config: MSEL (pin 14) - 220k resistor to Vdd FMT1 (pin 2) to Gnd...
  13. S

Hi, alfa66. Nope, I tried a zillion workarounds and nothing worked as it should :( It took me a looong time to convert everything into AudioLibrary objects, but finally I have a code base that works flawlessly. Built an 8-ch synth around it, no problems whatsoever!
  14. S

Bug report: Teensy 4.0 and AudioPlayQueue

Yeah, I figured out loop() cycle is a very low priority process and it gets intetrupted very often by a bunch of other things. Lesson learned - don't use loop() with GetBuffer/PlayBuffer, or in fact anything that needs to be executed in <3ms. I eventually transferred all my code to custom...
  15. S

confused about Teensy Loader

Teensy Button is IMHO one of the best features I've ever seen on a MCU board. If your code is voluminous the compiling can take a long time, and this can be a problem if you're testing something new: you check your code with "Verify" in Arduino, and when it checks out you have to press "Upload"...
  16. S

It's OK, we all have our thing and I really want to hear all sugestions and/or feedback :D Ugh. I've tried to send a flag from ISR and use getBuffer() and playBuffer() in the loop() - been testing this for a few days - but it's extremely unstable. I have to put all blocking stuff in the loop...
  17. S

I'm actually using three interrupt routines in my code, not counting the Audio Lib (which I don't have any control over) :D One fast at audio rate (44.100Hz) to produce the complex waveforms, one medium at 8.000Hz to crunch and prepare the math calculations for the filters and one slow at...
  18. S

Well, because I'm doing some other not-so-timing-sensitive things in Void Loop :D Reading inputs, calculating huge amounts of side data and drawing a meaningful representation of all that to SPI LCD takes exactly 7ms per one loop (and I had to write my own specialized routine to drive the LCD...
  19. S

Like I said, it was tested on T3.6 for hours and it works very well. I'm aware it's potentially unsafe, but: a) It doesn't crash just like that, I specified exactly what's going on. I know why it happens and when it happens, I just have no idea why or how to prevent/solve it b) It's AFAIK the...
  20. S

When AudioPlayQueue.getBuffer() and AudioPlayQueue.playBuffer() are used in an audio rate ISR, they slowly consume AudioMemory buffers and T4.0 crashes when all buffers are used (default 80 for IMXRT1062). The same code works flawlessly on Teensy 3.6 for hours, on 4.0 it cracks up in ~570s. I...
  21. S

Please test this example on Teensy 3.6 for me

Do you hear the difference between AudioConnection patchCord1(waveform, 0, waveshaper, 0); AudioConnection patchCord2(waveshaper, 0, output, 0); and AudioConnection patchCord1(waveform, 0, output, 0); Tested on T3.6 and T4.0 with I2S DAC, waveshaper definitely works okay and I can hear the...
  22. S

Cheers people, hope everyone is okay! I've been working on an audio project with T3.6, recently migrated my code to T4.0 and I'm facing several issues/problems that I don't really know how to solve. I'm bumping my head against the wall. Just hope somebody can help, it's a long shot but I have...
Back