Search results

1. A

Animated GIF library for pixel matrix?

I'm investigating the best approach and library to read animated GIFs from a micro-SD card and play them on a large LED pixel matrix. This will be done on a Teensy 4.0 that is performing other time-critical tasks, so any library calls need to reasonably non-blocking. I've just started evaluating...
  2. A

Web Server Recommendations?

Can anyone recommend a web server that will run on a Teensy 4.0 using an ESP-01 (ESP8266) wifi module? I want to implement some simple remote control panel functionality, and it doesn't need to be very fancy. It must work in areas with no existing wifi network or internet access, so the ESP-01...
  3. A

Teensy Loader / PlatformIO Compatibility Issue

I've been using the Teensy 4.0 for several years as part of an LED controller for outdoor art installations (like this one). I've had some challenges for sure, but all were eventually overcome, often with help from this community (thanks!). For most of that time I've been using the VSCode +...
  4. A

Problem with OctoWS2811 Library and PlatformIO

As spolsky noted in this thread: By "this version" he's referring to the current version 1.4. To install this version of the library, I had been using the following hack: 1. Add the following line to the platformio.ini file: lib_deps = paulstoffregen/OctoWS2811 @ ^1.4 2. Add the following...
  5. A

SdFat Issues

After much initial difficulty, I've been (mostly*) successfully using SdFat 1.1.4 since last Fall. In starting a new project (using PlatformIO), I noticed that there are newer versions of SdFat available (up to 2.0.5). I tried the latest version but wasn't able to compile successfully. I'm...
  6. A

Load hex file from SD Card?

Is it possible to load code (in the form of a hex file) into a T4 from an SD card and have the T4 behave as if the code were loaded through the USB interface? I'm using a custom PCB that includes a T4 and an SD card adapter. I'm providing the boards to remote collaborators (artists) with limited...
  7. A

TimLib.h vs. Time.h

After a recent update to PlatformIO, I started getting this compiler warning: I'm not using either of these libraries, but it looks like Time.h is being referenced by SDFat; am I reading that correctly? Does that mean SdFat will stop working if it isn't updated? I think I saw in another post...
  8. A

Mysterious Crashes with String Functions

I've been going crazy trying to debug a problem with using some of the standard string functions, particularly strstr() and strchr(). When I use these under certain conditions (see below), my program always crashes, as indicated by lack of any output on the serial monitor and the need to press...
  9. A

Firmware.hex File

I'm using VS Code/PlatformIO on MacOS 10.15.5 to develop code for a Teensy 4.0. I'd like to be able to generate a hex-format object file and send it to a collaborator so that he can download it to a T4 without having to replicate my development environment. It appears that a "firmware.hex" file...
  10. A

Teensy 4.0 Mysterious Power-Up Behavior

I've used several T4.0 boards over the past few months with no issues, but the new one I just received is behaving mysteriously. On power-up, the LED flashes three times and then stops (about 4 seconds). The board is not recognized by the Teensy loader (with one exception: see below). I found...
  11. A

T4.0 Hardware Serial Questions: FIFOs & Buffer Sizes, etc.

Hi! I have some noob-ish questions about the Teensy 4.0 UARTS and the associated hardwareserial.cpp code. HW Configuration Multiple, identical custom PCBs using Teensy 4.0 as an MCU module, all connected with a RS-485 serial bus using a custom protocol (some similarities to DMX-512). One board...
Back