Search results

1. B

(another) Animated GIF player

Please post the error msgs; AnimatedGIF is working on my setups; I can't fix what I can't reproduce.
  2. B

I finished the code - please have a look and let me know what you think: https://github.com/bitbank2/AnimatedGIF
  3. B

I finally got time today to work on this. I've been coding the SD card support and it basically works, but I've run into an odd problem. My code tries to read a fixed amount of data (2K) to parse the GIF header of each frame instead of calling read() tons of times with tiny buffers. The problem...
  4. B

I've done some cleanup and testing. Here's the status so far: 1) Written for any C compiler (no dependency on Arduino or anything else) 2) Static GIF structure uses 22k of RAM; no other buffers needed and no use of malloc/free or any dynamic structures 3) Can play files from memory (internal...
  5. B

It's going to use my bb_spi_lcd library to draw on LCDs. It should be easy to modify it to use any other LCD library from there.
  6. B

Long ago, in a job far far way, I wrote optimized image codecs for all standard image types. I've been slowly porting them to be compatible with Arduinos and today I got my old GIF player to run on the Teensy4. It still needs some cleanup before it can be released as an Arduino library, but...
  7. B

Teensy 3.2 / Adafruit ST7735 / spitftbitmap Example - Image is off the screen?

The 80x160 LCD has the same internal buffer as the 128x160 (same ST7735 controller), but the display is offset. In my bb_spi_lcd library I have different settings for the 128x160, and 80x160 displays and the difference is a x,y offset of the upper left pixel. The 80x160 displays that I've tested...
  8. B

ILI9488_t3 - Support for the ILI9488 on T3.x and beyond...

A "dirty rectangle" scheme would help with perf, but your implementation (1 pixel at a time) would be self defeating because of the overhead of writing/skipping individual pixels. It's not about the total data sent over SPI, but the transitions from command to data and the total sent. Please see...
  9. B

I2C maximum speed

Yes, I changed the I2C dividers, but not the base clock.
  10. B

I2C maximum speed

I have been able to push SSD1306 OLEDs to run at 1-2Mhz on other MCUs, so I wanted to see how far I could get with the Teensy 4. I did some experiments with the clock values and was able to get what appears to be a stable 2MHz. Here's the code change to WireIMXRT.cpp: // 2 MHz...
  11. B

I2C maximum speed

I have been able to push SSD1306 OLEDs to run at 1-2Mhz on other MCUs, so I wanted to see how far I could get with the Teensy 4. I did some experiments with the clock values and was able to get what appears to be a stable 2MHz. Here's the code change to WireIMXRT.cpp: // 2 MHz...
  12. B

For my own LCD libraries, this change makes no difference because I cache the data in RAM and try to write everything in one SPI transaction. At the other extreme is the old Adafruit GFX library which draws 1 pixel at a time for everything. If the drawing occurs along a single axis, then this...
  13. B

It is the ILI9486 in 8-bit parallel mode. I would like to see how fast I can push it on the Teensy 4. The ATmega328 speed controlling it doesn't impress me much, but at least it performs better than an SPI display on slow CPUs.
  14. B

I can potentially help out with the porting of my optimizations to the ILI9488/ILI9486. At the moment I only have a 3.5" Kuman Uno shield that seems to want 5v signals. My initial test on the Teensy4 failed to make it work. Does anyone here know if they have gotten this display (link below) to...
  15. B

ILI9341 Speedup

Hi Kurt, Thanks for sharing. I write my own display libraries too, so it's kind of redundant to keep improving all of the various forks of these libraries. You're welcome to make use of the new code any way you can. My changes basically involve removing the last remnants of single-pixel...
  16. B

ILI9341 Speedup

Hi everyone. I'm new to the Teensy forum. I just got the Teensy 4 and 4.1 and decided to look for ways I could help the libraries. I optimize code for a living and in my spare time (I can't help it ;)). I also like to work on display libraries, so I decided to focus my attention on the...
Back