Search results

1. DIYLAB

ILI948x_t4_mm - An 8 bit parallel display driver for the Teensy MicroMod

I think the MicroMod is nice, but the carrier plate is just too big for my projects. Maybe there will be something smaller at some point, wait and see. Unfortunately I can not handle M.2 sockets myself :rolleyes: If there was the Teensy 4.2 with enough FlexIO pins for a parallel display and an...
  2. DIYLAB

ILI948x_t4_mm - An 8 bit parallel display driver for the Teensy MicroMod

Hi David, I would like to do, but buy a MicroMod? With the Teensy 4.1 probably does not work? Kind regards Bruno
  3. DIYLAB

Teensy LC + MCP9808 + 4511+ 7 Segment VFD

Ok, you can measure the current flowing through a segment and compare it with the data sheet of the decoder - maybe it fits without transistor? I find a lot about this on the web. I would just try a few libraries and see if it works with the Teensy LC. I only know Teensy 4.x, so I don't know...
  4. DIYLAB

Ah, I see ;o) What you show is a filament display, not a VFD display. Of course you can use the 4511 as decoder. You just have to make sure that there is enough power for the display. For this you need transistors or a transistor array behind the 4511. A VFD display works with approx. 60V, the...
  5. DIYLAB

Hi, do they have to be VFD displays? If so, which ones exactly (name, link)? The 4511 is not optimal for these displays either, there are special, easy to connect VFD drivers for them.
  6. DIYLAB

New Teensy 4.1 DIY Synthesizer

Hi Rolf, i have no idea about synthesizers, but your GUI is beautiful, i appreciate every pixel ;o) Best Bruno
  7. DIYLAB

Yet another highly optimzed ILI9341 library: for T4/4.1 with diff updates and vsync !

I've been using this driver for some time now for all my projects and I'm really addicted to it ;o) Before I used the ILI9341_t3n from KurtE. There I miss the differential updates and vSync, or I haven't found or understood them yet. Clipping areas are costly and asynchronous updates brought...
  8. DIYLAB

Analog VU meter on ILI9341 TFT display (cooperation wanted)

Thank you for your interest! Someday I may understand how to program such a filter - with age comes wisdom ;o) Meanwhile the project is also on GitHub.
  9. DIYLAB

Audio Visualizer Project

Hi, if you have a Teensy 4.x and an Audio Adaptor Board for it, please have a look at my project "AudioVisualizer". https://github.com/DIYLAB-DE/AudioVisualizer I am very interested in suggestions, help and feedback. And yes, I am aware that the project is far from optimal, there is still a...
  10. DIYLAB

Is there a logarithmic function for FFT bin selection for any given # of bands?

Thank you very much, I will try this tomorrow.
  11. DIYLAB

Is there a logarithmic function for FFT bin selection for any given # of bands?

Hi, sorry for the reply in this old thread. I used the calculation for 69 bands. Why is there such a big hole there (pink noise -6dB)? Kind regards Bruno
  12. DIYLAB

Analog VU meter on ILI9341 TFT display (cooperation wanted)

Hi, I have quite a rich audio project that consists of several modules. I have been working on it for a year already. The project consists of the Teensy environment and a desktop configuration program (C#) for the individual modules. One module is the replication of an analog VU meter on a...
  13. DIYLAB

Modify register in SGTL5000

Thank you both, works fine! #include "control_sgtl5000.h" class mSGTL5000 : public AudioControlSGTL5000 { public: void attGAIN(uint8_t att) { modify(0x0020, (att & 1) << 8, 1 << 8); } }; Kind regards Bruno
  14. DIYLAB

Thank you very much, you are fast ;o) Is there also a way without changing the lib itself? I want to publish my project later and I don't know if everyone can or wants to change the lib. Kind regards Bruno
  15. DIYLAB

Teensy 4.0, Audiolib Hi, can someone please help me to set a register in SGTL5000? It is about the red marked register, there should be set "1". I would be grateful for a concrete example, because I am not an expert to inherit from the Audiolib or at all with bit manipulations. Thanks a lot!
  16. DIYLAB

Audio Queue blocks RMS and PEAK

Very informative, thank you very much! The program now runs for several hours without problems, the needles fidget in the usual way as before, I am happy.
  17. DIYLAB

Your solution is the clear winner! The output oscillates between 0 and 1 microseconds. With clear() the output is 3 microseconds. I hope this thread will help other users who want or need to draw quickly. /// <summary> /// Get samples for left and right channel. /// </summary> /// <param...
  18. DIYLAB

Oh, your solution is very interesting, thank you! Some things are so tangible and yet so distant :) I don't want to open a new thread, because I think my next question fits well with the topic: How can I measure the cycle time as accurately as possible and output it in a suitable way? I would...
  19. DIYLAB

That's exactly the problem - it takes time. In this analog VU module, I need passes to be as fast as they can be, since I'm now drawing the pointers with edge smoothing. If I read at least one buffer, it costs time. But apparently it works with clear(). /// <summary> /// Get samples for left...
  20. DIYLAB

Then I guess it should go like this? void loop() { getSamples(0); drawNeedleLeft(); drawNeedleRight(); } /// <summary> /// Get samples for left and right channel. /// </summary> /// <param name="blocks"></param> void getSamples(byte blocks) { if (blocks == 0) {...
  21. DIYLAB

Uses: Teensy 4.0 (600MHz clock) Audio Adaptor Rev.D Display ILI9341 240x320 Display Driver: ILI9341_t3n Teensyduino, Version 1.54 --------------------------------------------------- Houston, we have a problem ;o) This small and executable program is a spin-off from a project, edited to the...
  22. DIYLAB

Highly optimized ILI9341 (320x240 TFT color display) library

Nice, then you can now also try the original demo from here: https://github.com/vindar/ILI9341_T4/tree/main/examples/99luftballons The question is, how do you get the ILI9341_t3n just as fast? Please compare the two videos I made of both versions.
  23. DIYLAB

C# Library for Uploading Firmware from User Applications

It works ;o) Finally something goes right today - THANK YOU!
  24. DIYLAB

Oh, if that's how it was taken, then I'm honestly sorry! I wanted to say that I am unhappy about the state of my project per se and that is of course not exclusively related to TeensySharp. So sorry! I appreciate what you are doing, of course.
  25. DIYLAB

Highly optimized ILI9341 (320x240 TFT color display) library

Hi, is this the right thread to talk about KurtE's ILI9341_t3n? I'll make it very short ;o) There is a "driver" optimized for the Teensy 4.x that does nothing more than get a framebuffer onto the display as fast as it can, the ILI9341_T4. There is an example program which is smoothly...
  26. DIYLAB

Hi Lutz, I have taken the liberty to paste your answer to the TeensySharp in the Teensyduino 1.54 thread here and link to it: First of all, thanks a lot that you are still working on this project at all! Sometimes life could be so simple ;o) Your TeensySharp is the main part of my project...
  27. DIYLAB

Teensyduino 1.54 Released

Hi, I have now created my current project for testing with version 1.53 and 1.54. With version 1.53 this is delivered: mgmtObj = {\\DELL\root\CIMV2:Win32_PnPEntity.DeviceID="USB\\VID_16C0&PID_0483\\7731230"} With version 1.54 this comes: mgmtObj =...
  28. DIYLAB

Teensyduino 1.54 Released

Hi, I need to download the latest version 1.53 again for testing. Where can I find it? Since version 1.54 my projects cannot communicate with the desktop program in C# because TeensySharp throws errors and Teensy-ID returns wrong values from the controller.
  29. DIYLAB

Best way to process many audio samples (blocks)

Hi Paul, I am using Teensy 4.0 with 600MHz clock and Teensyduino 1.54. Unfortunately, I guess I have a gross error in thinking and take back everything I said to memmove ;o) Something brakes there tremendously when I use memmove in interaction with: Optimized ILI9341 screen driver library for...
  30. DIYLAB

Or like this? I don't know :confused: if (queue1.available() && queue2.available()) { for (int i = 2047; i >= 0; i--) { samplesLeft[i] = samplesLeft[i - 128]; samplesRight[i] = samplesRight[i - 128]; } memcpy(&samplesLeft[0]...
  31. DIYLAB

That's a good idea, thank you! So do not use a circular buffer, but push to the right and fill left? I tried it that way but either memmove is slow or I'm doing something wrong: if (queue1.available() >= 1 && queue2.available() >= 1) { memmove(&samplesLeft[128], &samplesLeft[0]...
  32. DIYLAB

Hello all, I have some modules for audio visualization, one of them is a goniometer. That gets its data from audio samples for the left and right channel. There are 2x 16 blocks each, so 2x 2048 samples. This takes time, a lot of time :/ short samplesLeft[2048]; short samplesRight[2048]...
  33. DIYLAB

Audio Adaptor Rev. D available as a Fritzing component?

Hello all, born out of necessity, I have created the adapter. Unfortunately I don't have much experience with creating components for Fritzing, but for me at least it's enough. I only created the protoboard view, nothing more. Maybe someone of you would like to follow up on this and complete...
  34. DIYLAB

Audio Adaptor Rev. D available as a Fritzing component?

Hi, is the Teensy 4 Audio Adaptor Rev. D available somewhere as a Fritzing component?
  35. DIYLAB

Fastest way to get the content of the two queues transferred to the PC

Hi, I already write the audio blocks serial via USB. Therefore I asked if it is so correct or if there are other ways. I had read something about RAW Hid ( https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/rawhid.html ), but that seems to be not the right thing.
  36. DIYLAB

Thank you, but I don't quite understand it. I need the RAW data in 16 bit format, just like the queues provide it - is it possible this way? How should the evaluation on the PC side look in this case?
  37. DIYLAB

Hi, sorry for the strange question, but what is the fastest way to get the content of the two queues transferred to the PC? Let's say the queues each contain only one sample block of audio data as an example. Should I serial transfer the data one after the other or is there a better way?
  38. DIYLAB

VisualGDB Visual Micro non-Arduino IDE experience

Just use Teensy 4.0 - is the same CPU.
  39. DIYLAB

VisualGDB Visual Micro non-Arduino IDE experience

Dear Richard, I use VisualMicro exclusively with Studio 2019 for Teensy 4.0 and 4.1 and can only report positive things. Since Visual Studio is my working environment for C#, it gives me an optimal (for me) working environment in both worlds. You can test VisualMicro for free and decide for...
  40. DIYLAB

Setting a single bit in a register of the SGTL5000

Thank you very much for your help!
  41. DIYLAB

Bit 8 on CHIP_ANA_ADC_CTRL (0x0020)
  42. DIYLAB

Yes, that's fine, but such an overhead for one bit? There must be a simple solution without touching the libs!? At the moment I already use the two functions by making them public, but I want to leave the audiolib as it is. Maybe I am the only one who wants to set a bit? :D
  43. DIYLAB

RMS RAW values from audioshield - I just don't understand it

Ah, so a correction factor after all, well then it shall be so, thank you. Oops, I had only seen pin 30 across the fixed voltage regulator in the schematic, but the 3.3V makes me happy - perfect.
  44. DIYLAB

Hi all, how can I set a single bit in a register of the SGTL5000 from the audio shield without modifying the control_sgtl5000.h? "write" and "modify" are protected functions.
  45. DIYLAB

Thank you for your answer! Yup :cool: The data sheet says: 2.83 Vpp at 3.3V VDDA and 1.6 Vpp at 1.8 VDDA. Now one would have to know, with which voltage the chip is operated - I hope very much, with 3.3V ? At least the 1.6 Vpp would be sufficient to display up to +6dB with a 0dB reference of...
  46. DIYLAB

Teensy 4.0, AudioShield, Teensyduino 1.53 Hi all, a simple, basic question about RMS from the Audioshield: Shouldn't this program actually give a value of 1.0 at 1V sine Vrms (1KHz)? #include <Wire.h> #include <Audio.h> // GUItool: begin automatically generated code AudioInputI2S...
  47. DIYLAB

Take a ScreenShot from ILI9341 Display

Thank you for your interest! In my program there is a lot of serial communication, there are about 300 properties in both directions, therefore here only for understanding. I use as a basis for communication TeensySharp: https://github.com/luni64/TeensySharp After the port is opened, I do not...
  48. DIYLAB

Hi, transferring the screen in one piece didn't work unfortunately, but line by line works very well. So far no lost bytes, every shot a hit. void ScreenShot() { uint8_t color[2 * 240]; // Line Buffer for (uint16_t y = 0; y < 320; y++) { tft.readRect(0, y, 240, 1...
  49. DIYLAB

Hi all, I would very much like to take a screenshot of my display and send it serially to my PC for further processing with C#. I use the ILI9341_t3n library and frame buffer that I set myself: // Frame Buffer DMAMEM uint16_t frontBuffer[240 * 320] = { 0 }; Then in the setup: // Display...
Back