Search results

1. M

Debugging with Visual Studio and Visual Micro extension.

Installing the Visual Micro extension is easy. After installing the Visual Studio IDE, use the extension system to install Arduino extension and the Serial extension. Do not install except by using the extension support system. The cost of these components is reasonable. About $50 or so...
  2. M

Context of HardwareSerial lost when passed as a parameter

The code example at URL: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_uart.html See below. Has a problem in that if you a add HWSERIAL.clear(); it will compile, as the HWSERIAL still has the context of hardware serial versus plain serial. A warning: plain serial has no: "clear();" Note that HWSERIAL is...
  3. M

cmsis_version.h, missing.

TeensyDuino v 1.56, Arduino v 1.8.19 If include: #include "core_cm7.h" C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy4/core_cm7.h:63:27: fatal error: cmsis_version.h: No such file or directory Also: core_cm4_simd.h, may be missing? Teensy3 has it.
  4. M

Debugging Teensy code with B4R, from Anywhere software

The B4R ide supports development for most teensy boards. I have just built and loaded a small test program built in B4R and loaded it to a Teensy 4.1. The setup is trivial, if you have the Arduino ide installed. It supports gdb, which I am not familiar with. It appears to be running in a DOS cmd...
  5. M

SPARKFUN BNO080 library Issues

I have been working with the Sparkfun library BNO080, I report some findings regarding it's use. Last year I posted some comments about difficulty in using the SPI interface. I gave up on the SPI and went to using the I2C interface. The MBED github has a library based on the Sparkfun. There is a...
  6. M

GPS and DMA

First some preliminary background that may be useful to someone else doing something similar. A teensy 4.1 at 800 mhz and a TAU1202 GPS unit outputting at 115k baud to the teensy on serial8. I used the DMA code sample from the PJRC forum and it worked with minor tweaking. My tests indicate that...
  7. M

BNO080 and Teensy 4.1 and SPI issue

I have studied all of the posts about 4.x and I2C here on the forum. I am seeing similar problems with SPI to those mentioned in posts that data back to the first of this year. The Adafruit 80 library and various init routines from various forks all are about the same, even the I2C versions are...
  8. M

vsCode build results in HEX file that won't upload

I had a little trouble installing vsCode, but the only issue that I can't seem to find a way around or any references online about is the following message: Firmware too big (max 1048576 bytes) Uploads of this source compiled from the Teensyduino IDE work without problems, if the source is...
Back