Search results

1. H

Bat detector

Cor, agreed. Those mini-con-x connectors are too expensive. Will just make some sort of adapter mini-con-x -> GX-16 Thanks for the new firmware. Will download it and try it out. Hendrik
  2. H

Bat detector

Cor, was planning to use GX16 connectors, which are cheap, then I saw all the mics from Wildlife Acoustics use the Conxall Mini-Con-X series connectors. Guess there is not a standard for bat-detectors, as I have also seen some bat mics with 3,5mm connectors. Guess one must plan on having a few...
  3. H

Bat detector

Hi Edwin, have a few similar electrecets here that I plan to test too, but is better to have a "real" bat microphone, to compare them to. Just need to schedule the bat-detector in between my other projects. Unfortunately it seems as though there is not so much bat-activity here, but have also...
  4. H

Bat detector

Hi Cor, found a UK source on eBay. I assume it is a copy of the real one, but it is cheap enough to take a chance. Still looking for the pinouts though... My current MEMS microphone I have now mounted on a 10cm cable, instead of plugging it directly into the PCB, and it made a huge difference...
  5. H

Bat detector

Hi all, found a informative article about microphones for bat-detectors. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6338251/ Have also ordered a SMX-US bat detector microphone, which I will compare to the current 2 I have (a standard piezo-transducer, and our "standard MEMS-microphone". Hendrik
  6. H

Bat detector

I hope to contribute a little bit to the project once I have everything running. Have been a RF design engineer for 20+ years, so I have a bit of experience with noise issues, and also do a bit of software. If my brain allows it, and with all the other projects I am trying to work on, will,look...
  7. H

Bat detector

I just want to thank Cor, Edwin and the other contributors for this project. Years ago I lived in Africa and had a lot of interest in bats, and used my own simple bat detector following bats around the bat-shelters I placed around my house. Years later I moved to Norway, but because of ill...
Back