Search results

1. fdaniels

WS2812serial Library Problem

After a day of juggling around the various components it now works running IDE 2.0.3, Teensyduino 1.57, U8g2 2.33.15 on MacOS 13.3.1 (a) on MB Air M2. Im not quite sure what happened, but i wont touch it anymore. Never. I will be one of those guys that use their System until it breaks apart...
  2. fdaniels

Arduino IDE 2.1 + U8g2 Problem

Sadly, bounce isnt the issue, its U8g2. It even gets more mysterious. If I use a U8g2 Version up to 2.3.2 it complies with Arduino 2.0.3, newer ones throw the wire Error above. Instead most of the Fonts are missing.....
  3. fdaniels

Found a downgrad link to the Arduino IDE 2.0.3 : https://github.com/arduino/arduino-ide/releases/tag/2.0.3 But it still doesnt work:
  4. fdaniels

So after trashing my Sunday it boils down to this: I have accidentially installe Arduino IDE 2.1 and the latest Version of U8g2 2.33.15 throws consistently this message: /Users/frankdaniels/Documents/Arduino/libraries/U8g2/src/U8x8lib.cpp: In function 'uint8_t...
  5. fdaniels

Maybe it is that Arduino 2.1 -which sneaked in here somehow - is much more picky compiling libraries???
  6. fdaniels

@PaulStoffregen I think so? I already tried a clean Install of Arduino IDE but i guess ill have to remove some Files manually. Weird thing is, i didnt touch the whole IDE since i worked on that project 3 weeks ago.....
  7. fdaniels

U8G2 Library Problem Sorry, if this has been asked before.... I tried to resume working on a Project after 4 Weeks but Arduino IDE 2.0.3 now refuses to compile with this Message: /Users/frankdaniels/Documents/Arduino/libraries/U8g2_Arduino-master/src/U8x8lib.cpp: In function 'uint8_t...
  8. fdaniels

Problems with Arduino IDE 2.0.3 on Ventura

Installing Rosetta manually did the Trick! Arduino IDE runs on M2 native, Teensyduino obviously doesnt - i guess Ventura doesnt know because it only sees Arduino IDE so it doesnt install Rosetta automatically. Maybe you like to add a hint on the Website?
  9. fdaniels

Thanks for your superfast reply, but sadly, no: fork/exec /Users/frankdaniels/Library/Arduino15/packages/teensy/tools/teensy-compile/11.3.1-beta2/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++: bad CPU type in executable Compilation error: fork/exec...
  10. fdaniels

Moin, im trying to get Arduino IDE 2.0.3 running on my shiny new MB Air M2 running Ventura 13.2.1, i installed the IDE and Teensiduino 1.57.2 and now im getting this message: fork/exec /Users/frankdaniels/Library/Arduino15/packages/teensy/tools/teensy-compile/5.4.1/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++...
  11. fdaniels

yet another Teensy based MIDI Sequencer

Impressive! You really should implement the Cirklons concept of Aux Events, which makes the Cirklon the Cirklon and sets it apart from other sequencers. Sadly its hard to get into it without having a Circlon at hand, the manual gives just a brief glimpse of what you can do with it and sadly...
  12. fdaniels

Teensy 4.0 fried - posting project schematic to make sure I didn't do anything wrong

Not that i am a pro in electronics, but shoudnt the batteries GND be somehow connected to the Teensys GND?
  13. fdaniels

Teensy 4.1 and DAC high-speed demux

Update rate for LFOs and the like should be sufficient with 100-200Hz. Envelopes do not need to be faster than 1kHz, heres my favourite piece of information about the attack phase of envelopes: Fro the unofficial Waldorf User FAQs: faq.waldorfian.info Q: Why do some synths produce clicks...
  14. fdaniels

OS Planning for Teensy 4.1 - Just a Discussion

What purpose has a OS on an embedded microcontroller?
  15. fdaniels

Remapping patchcords via external input

Besides this, theres not much to filter from a Sine.....
  16. fdaniels

Improving a Simple Teensy LC and 4051 Muxing Arrangement

This helped me tremendously: - use a seperate +3,3V Regulator for everything analog (especially for you pots positive rail) as the +3,3V provided by Teensys regulator is quite unstable - connect the +3,3V Analog voltage to the Aref Pin (24?) and set analogReference() to EXTERNAL - keep your...
  17. fdaniels

Rev C cards with a Teensy 4.1

@craigyb If there is anything i can just ship to you, let me know.
  18. fdaniels

DAC Voltage Suddenly Unstable

While you are fixing the pcb its a good idea to at least buffer the DACs output with a 740x adding a 68R at the output of the OpAmp. Its standard for Eurorack that every device protects itself as you cant be sure the other side is nice to your module.... I am shocked that the voltage was able...
  19. fdaniels

DAC Voltage Suddenly Unstable

While you are fixing the pcb its a good idea to at least buffer the DACs output with a 740x adding a 68R at the output of the OpAmp. Its standard for Eurorack that every device protects itself as you cant be sure the other side is nice to your module....
  20. fdaniels

Audio adapter output polarity

Audio is meant to be AC because a microphones ( and a speakers) membrane swing around their resting position - see here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternating_current
  21. fdaniels

AudioSynth Waveforms

@senorblasto: These werent used because of their limitations - it was cutting edge technology back then and the best available. Its just that you got used to these audible artifacts. You may want to read here http://wolfgangpalm.com/story/ about what Wolfgang Palm did "wrong" developing...
  22. fdaniels

AudioSynth Waveforms

Fun fact: the unique Sound of famous Synthesizers like the ppg Wave Series, the Waldorf MicroWave Series (and the iconic Waldorf Wave), Sequential Prophet VS, as well as older Korg Synths like the DW-8000 or MS-2000 heavily depend on these aliasing artifacts. The same synthesis principle "done...
  23. fdaniels

TeensyPico- Miniaturization of Teensy 4.0 Board - 12x12mm Teensy board as QFN package

Im in for the 3.2 version - would save me a lot of hassle in my modules.....
  24. fdaniels

Goodbye

Frank, i would be sorry if you would leave here, but i totally understand your frustration. Thats what the internet bacame the last years, a place where your passion, work and knowledge gets ripped by the ones that are to lazy to fix soemthing theirselves, think theirselves or even say thank...
  25. fdaniels

Teensy Audio Recording

This doesnt look like a valid sketch, lacking setup() and loop(), maybe you familiarize yourselves on how to write a sketch (and how to read the compiler messages) first? Edit: + i think you need some kind of output to make the audio system run. In your case audioOutputUSB() would be the place...
  26. fdaniels

Pushbutton on Teensy 3.2 Pin 13

Moin! I try to read a pushbutton on a Teensy 3.2 Pin 13 (the one with the internal LED....) the pushbutton shorting the Teensys pin to gnd. I set up the Pin with const int button6=13; pinMode(button6, INPUT_PULLUP); which works for all other pins i use except pin 13. I suppose its the...
  27. fdaniels

Teensy 4.0 external power burning hot

Its a much newer design that performs better in every aspect. Package doesnt matter. But theres a slight difference between 300nF and 22µF. Not that much, just about 3 orders of magnitude. Your Module exists in coexistence with all the others in your modular, so you should care as everyone...
  28. fdaniels

@ghostintranslation I cant read your schematics well, as the chosen color schmeme black/red doesnt work very well for me. I'd try the folowing: - replace the 2 tiny SMT Caps C1, C2 (?) at the regulator with something like 22µF or even bigger (i have nice 100µF Subminature Caps) - the bigger...
  29. fdaniels

Checking the Board Pic from above where are the usual huge Caps for the regulator? I just can spot 2 tiny SMT ones, i doubt they will be the needed 22uF+ ones. 0,1uF will certainly get the LM78 going but wont allow for any significant load. I use the attached schematics to power 3.2s in most of...
  30. fdaniels

Wouldnt work this was as most linear converters need about 2V Headspace. If you want to go that way first drop to something like 7V. Besides this i would suspect something wrong on the teensy side, most probably some bad soldering at the pins?
  31. fdaniels

Audio cuts out when updating I2C OLED display

Try using the U8g2lib which is non-blocking. At least here using teensy 3.2 with a SD1306 OLED on I2C Pins 18+19 and a PT8211. Yeah, i know but I like weird performing D/As, at least for this project....
  32. fdaniels

320 Hz noise on Teensy Audio board with teensy 4.1 in eurorack world

As for the I2C noise problem it immensely helps to separate the audio and i2c parts as far as possible physically on the board an make sure the digital/i2c gnd doesnt flow thru the audio gnd. This said place everything digital nearer to the master GND point (the Eurorack Power connector) than...
  33. fdaniels

24 Bit DAC for Teensy

You all might want to kill me, but personally i find the PT8211s sounds quite nice if you are into gritty sounds. Remember, many famous Synthesizers and Samplers had awful D/A (pre 1000 Akais, PPG Wave and especdially Prophet VS come to my mind) yet these added Harmonics are part of their iconic...
  34. fdaniels

Do Teensy Synths with Sine Waves always click?

These clicks would also happen in an analog Oscillator if you "switch" it on fast enough. Its not a "digital" problem, its a physical limitation.
  35. fdaniels

delay() Question

Cool. Thank you - presumably i was worried because of bad PicAxe experiences years ago.....
  36. fdaniels

delay() Question

So..... i see nothing that couldnt be interrupted? I need more coffee....
  37. fdaniels

delay() Question

Moin! I have some timig critical things to do and need to know if delay() interrupted by an interrupt while its delaying..... Many thanks for any input, Frank
  38. fdaniels

driving NeoPixels and audio

I use WS2812Serial to drive 15+ LEDs as indicator LEDs in modular synth modules. Im not playing .wav files but have other timing critical things to do which works absolutely flawless. To avoid noise issues i keep everything LED realted as far away as possible from audio components, route the...
  39. fdaniels

Happy Birthday Paul Stoffregen!

Happy Birthday from the other birthday child. All the best to you and you loved ones!
  40. fdaniels

Teensy 3.5/4.1 Standalone Synthesizer - Trying Modular DYI approach

Congratulations, looks great! Whats that fader for?
  41. fdaniels

Card not included anymore?

In the other hand - what do i do with 30+ Cards...?
  42. fdaniels

Writing to flash or sd card on power loss

What type of "knob" do you record for 8MB Data??!?!?!?
  43. fdaniels

Beginner Trying to make analog/digital hybrid synth with a Teensy 4.0

Start with Behringers Model D. Its a clone of the archetypic MinMoog.
  44. fdaniels

Porting moog ladder filters to audio objects?

Maybe this helps, here are some Videos with sound examples: about the MiniMoog Filter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPHJA092a9w about self oscillation https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVgIf71uWB4 hear here why self oscillation is crucial https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZXpF1zpJkc (BTW...
  45. fdaniels

The cult around the Moog Filter is all about its iconic sound. For comparison simple filter sweeps of an rectangle Waveform with different frequencies and resonance settings should be sufficient. Most interesting to synth-guys is the behavior with high resonance settings, and if it can nicely go...
  46. fdaniels

For me its perfectly OK, but i know how these hardcore geeks are: a Low Frequency Generator has to go from slower than a galcier up to 20khz, an analog VCO has to track withing +-2ct and everything has to be able to be modulated at audio rates, preferably up to 20khz as well..... From my...
  47. fdaniels

"synth guy" here: A usefull filter should have "CV" for Cutoff and Resonance preferably up to audio rate for FM. "Ladder" should be sufficient, also to avoid copyright infringements.
  48. fdaniels

New Teensy 4.1 DIY Synthesizer

Why dont you then use the internal Audio Systems Effects for "small and inexpensive"? Adding a simple circuitry for mixing audio input would allow to use it as an FV-1 FX/Filterbox additionally, which is a huge advantage. Then, sampling is just a ADC away.... You already add 10€+ of parts just...
  49. fdaniels

Teensy 4.1 porting audio to "SDA" pin to be displayed on an I2C OLED Display.

You dont "reroute data to the SDA pin". The display wont know what to do with Audio Data, in most cases its a dumb thing that just diplays whatever Bitmap is sent. You need some graphics library that you can use to draw a Picture in a Buffer, which then is sent to the Display. You paint the...
  50. fdaniels

New Teensy 4.1 DIY Synthesizer

What about an Audio IN so you can route a signal thru the Filter + FX, just like the Shruthi. Maybe you could even Sample?
Back