Search results

1. J

Bugs in custom audio library objects make Teensy unflashable

This is great Paul, thank you! And in response to Blackaddr, you are definitely right. Having user access to the program button is a very good idea.
  2. J

Using Adafruit_MCP3008.h library causes pin 13 LED to light up

Thanks all. Looks like this is normal behaviour
  3. J

Thanks Mark, The code is over 500 lines and proprietary, but I have found that commenting out the adc.begin() stops the LED turning on. I can also turn the light off by manually setting pin 13 LOW (which breaks SPI, obviously). From this standpoint, I'm just wondering is it normal for the SCK...
  4. J

Hi there, I'm using a Teensy 4.1 connected to an MCP3008 via SPI where pin 13 is the SCK. I'm using the Adafruit_MCP3008.h library to interface with the ADC, however I'm getting a weird problem on some of my boards but not others: when I start the SPI with adc.begin(), the LED attached to pin 13...
  5. J

FIR design (or, how was lopass_1000_44100.h calculated?)

Thanks for the info guys! I did do this initially. But I also tried some much smaller scales (e.g coefficient*0xF) and they all distorted as well. But yes it does seem like clipping, so I will definitely try your approach of normalisation in my Python script and see if that works. Nominal...
  6. J

FIR design (or, how was lopass_1000_44100.h calculated?)

Hi there, I've been trying in vain for the last few days with various Python scripts, as well as http://t-filter.engineerjs.com/ (the page recommended in the Audio System Design Tool), to generate FIR filter coefficients for the AudioFilterFIR object. Everything I try just produces horribly...
  7. J

It's a 4.1 :-) Bang on! The button is completely inaccessible for my application, and the device also needs to be user programmable. So either way, I need a reliable way to prevent the USB from locking up. Resetting power doesn't help unfortunately. This sounds like it might be helpful...
  8. J

I've been working on some new effect objects using the Teensy Audio Library and have run into an annoying problem. Sometimes, if I've made a mistake in my code somewhere, it causes the Teensy to become completely unflashable. Here's a firmware to illustrate my point: #include <Audio.h> //...
  9. J

Creating an AudioInputMCP3008 object

Adding non-blocking timers to the peak reporting, and amplifying the signal before and after filtering got it working! /*************************************************** Attempts to use an MCP3008 ADC as an audio source ****************************************************/ #include...
  10. J

Creating an AudioInputMCP3008 object

Hi there, I'm attempting to use an SPI connected MCP3008 ADC as a source of audio data with a Teensy 4.1. The AudioInputMCP3008 class is taking raw readings direct from the MCP3008 and throwing it straight into the audio buffer, and the DC offset is removed further down the line by a high pass...
  11. J

How does the inner loop of AudioSynthWaveformSine work?

I've been experimenting with building my own AudioSynthXXX objects, working towards the eventual goal of doing some very basic physical modelling synthesis on a Teensy 4.1. My first try used floating point maths and a sin function within the update() loop. This didn't work well, the sound was...
  12. J

Eagle library with Teensy 4.0 (test)

Thanks for the library eagleman! It's working great for me in Fusion 360. I have a question about the pogo pins you have used - do you have more comprehensive measurements? I'm trying to find an equivalent part on Digikey but I'm not sure of the correct tip diameter.
Back