Search results

1. S

teensy 3.5 reading in 20 databits at a clock of 2 MHz

Hi everybody, using the pcjr-forums seems to be complicated compared to arduino-forum. I'm asking this for another user who encountered IP-blocking when trying to access the PCJR-forum himself first of all a test if I can insert a picture-link as drag and drop seems not to work no preview here...
  2. S

picovoice for teensy ?

Hi everybody, some minutea ago I discovered this article about picovoice https://medium.com/picovoice/its-time-for-local-speech-recognition-df7c911fe944 This sounds very interesting. They claim that this approach for voice-recognition can even run on microcontrollers. My first thinking was...
  3. S

Teensy4.1 deviation wire.setClock(1MHz) / measured SCL-Clock-frequency 0,788MHz

Hi everybody, I did some tests with a teensy 4.1 and a MCP23017 IO-expander. I just did a high-speed toggling of a pin with this code: #include <Wire.h> #include "Adafruit_MCP23017.h" Adafruit_MCP23017 mcp; unsigned long I2C_frequency; void setup() { Serial.begin(115200)...
  4. S

Teensy 4.x where to find documentation about the throughhole-contacts in the middle

Documentation pin holes connectors of Teensy 4.0 / Teensy 4.1 boards download OK so i did a gearch for teensy 4.1 on the forum and found a posting which has a link to a GitHub-repo with Teensy-documentation https://github.com/KurtE/TeensyDocuments by the way: How can I make this...
  5. S

Teensy 4.x where to find documentation about the throughhole-contacts in the middle

Hi Michael, thank you very much for your explanations. Did you intend to insert some links into your posting? You have this at two places. Looks like a hint to footnote. But there is no footnote. Anyway is there anywhere a real documentation for the Teensy 4.1 best regards Stefan
  6. S

Hi Frank, I did scroll through this site. And it gives indeed some information. Especially the picture with the coin-cell to supply the RTC give some insight. IMHO there should be something similar to the Pinout as at the begining of the page. There are additional wholes. So I assume they have...
  7. S

Hi everybody, I have two Teensy 4.1 and a teensy 4.0. WIth the package a pinout-picture for the DIL rows at the left/right side was included. But where can I find information about the other wholes more in the middle of the board? best regards Stefan
  8. S

Teensy 4.1 onewire-read fails if USB-cabel supplied by USB-power-supply

main differencies: I'm using dallastemperature.h and requestTemperatures() do you have an "experimental portable installation of the arduino ide you could add the PString dan dallastemperature-library? in this codeversion I pasted the PString.h PString.cpp file into the ino-file does compile...
  9. S

OK thank you I will try with 2.000.000 baud ..... best regards Stefan
  10. S

Hi Frank, here is a more stripped down version without SD-card. Even the code posted above runs if no SD-card and no onewire-sesnors are connected. For easier to follow the code here is a more downstripped version. If you think this is still too much lines of code just drop a short post best...
  11. S

Hi everyone, I wrote a program that reads in 21 onewire DS18B20 sensors and writes the data to a SD-Card. The code does send serial output to the serial monitor each time the sensor has requested the temperature-values. As long as I have the teensy 4.1 connected to my laptop everything works...
  12. S

portable Arduino-IDE compiler-error 'BUILTIN_SDCARD' was not declared in this scope

Hi pete, it is a 4.1. in the meantime I found the cause for the error. I simply had the Arduino-IDE configured for Arduino Uno instead for Teensy 4.1 now everything compiles. Thank you for asking "which Teensy" best regards Stefan
  13. S

portable Arduino-IDE compiler-error 'BUILTIN_SDCARD' was not declared in this scope

Hi everybody, I installed the Arduino-for-windows1.8.13-zip-file to the folder D:\ArduPTest\arduino-1.8.13portable\arduino-1.8.13 Then run the TeensyduinoInstall.exe and chosed this folder D:\ArduPTest\arduino-1.8.13portable\arduino-1.8.13 to install the Teendyduino-addon. If I start this...
  14. S

Teensy 4.0/4.1 Windows PC adding a reset-possability without USB unplug/plug

Hi everybody, is there any possability to add a reset-feature that does a reset without unplug/re-plug the USB-plug? If I understood right reboot means disabling and re-enabling the virtual-comport just like unplug/re-plug a CP2102-based device? For the Arduino-IDE this means I have to close...
  15. S

best place for step-by-step tutorial w.screenshots how to install circuitpython

have a look at https://www.mikrocontroller.net/articles/Hauptseite main-page of articels explains how to use it with direct links that's what I call intuitive. Short look left/right up/down and you got the overview Th editor istelf is based on commands / special characters but you have a...
  16. S

So this is what I call world-leader in Expert's-Blindness-to-beginner-difficulties No idea where you send a private mail to. There is nothing in thunderbird. Nor is there anything in my GitHub-notifications You just posted a direct link but not how to get there from "more above" The link...
  17. S

luni64 deleted my wiki-page. Final decision: I will post it somewhere else
  18. S

Hi Paul, This forum offers command-words / letters for formatting bold different color code in code-tags Not the same as WYSIWYG but usable. @defragster: I'm not sure what you mean by GitHUB is "is the only open best place" is any forum-hoster "closed" for you? I was thinking about...
  19. S

No GitHUB is not! I'm on the internet since 1990. Almost the beginning. I'm a haevy internet-surfer using userforums for a very very long time. When I started to examine GitHUB I was puzzeled. GitHUB does not follow common standards. Maybe I'm too old and too long on the internet for GitHUB...
  20. S

I have written something on GitHUB. But my opinion is: GITHUB is NOT the best place for beginners. GitHUB is NON-intuitive - for writing Wikis - for knowing what to do As I posted a code-example with comments which start with # the wiki-page made headlines out of it and the code-section was...
  21. S

As I now know how to set up a teensy 4.0 for the use with circuitpython What is the best place where I could post a step-by-step-manual with screenshots about installing circuitpython on a teensy 4.0? best regards Stefan
  22. S

manual Tutorial that show steps to get circuit-python installed on a teensy 4.0

I guess with circuitpython the only filename that gets executed is code.py
  23. S

OK So I managed to upload the circuit-python-hexfile and to run code.py which was already stored on the USB-device Then I wrote a short blink-program and stored it on the Teensy-USB-device. I named the file Blynk.py It is stored on the teensy USB-device but nothing happend So as a cross-test I...
  24. S

Hi defragster, thank you very much for explaining the basics and how to restore the teensy. Very comfortable to have a "restore to factory-settings" feature OK so I give it a try. best regards Stefan
  25. S

Hi DB1990, thank you very much for answering. I have quite some programming-exüerience in delphi, and Arduino-C++ and some very basic knowledge about things like "bootloader" etc. Meaning I know there is a "bootloader" but no idea how it works. This lack of knowledge makes me very very careful...
  26. S

Hi everybody, i did quite a lot google-research to find a manual / tutorial how to install circuitpython on a teensy 4.0. Of course google had some hits but what I have found so far is not easy to understand and is far away of beeing a step-by-step tutorial with screenshots how to do it. Is...
  27. S

maximum pulse-frequency from quadrature-encoders on Teensy 4.1

Hello everybody, the CPU-clock of the Tennsy 4.1 is real fast (600Mhz). What maxizum pulse-frequency from quadrature-encoders can the Teensy 4.1 handle properly when using two Interrupt-Pins? Or does the Teensy 4.1 have some special quadrature-encoder-hardware-counters? Could this...
Back