Search results

1. J

SoundFont Decoder & File Size

Thanks! With PSRAM - I didn’t figure it out but thought this may be possible with this memfile library https://github.com/FrankBoesing/MemFile but welcome any other ideas I also have a few more notes in regards to the decoder: Key ranges - they seem to only support one sample per “key range”...
  2. J

I will keep replying to myself as I learn more; http://www.synthfont.com/SFSPEC21.PDF the soundfont spec if helpful in understanding the root of the terminology in wavetable synthesis, and sf2utils. (" bag - A SoundFont data structure element containing a list of preset zones or instrument...
  3. J

ok quick follow up: in decoder.py, samples can be decoded using their duration, 'end' or using the corresponding "bag's" "cooked_loop_end"; for whatever reason, there are some big discrepancies between these in my soundfont, causing some samples to have a crazy amount of "0's" added to them by...
  4. J

So I am encountering an issue that is driving me nuts!! I'm working with some soundfonts, trying to reduce their size to fit on the teensy, and the decoder is consistently hanging and massively exploding the file size. Still using https://github.com/manicken/SoundFontDecoder - Soundfont...
  5. J

Thanks Manicksan! This is very helpful. You are correct the 4x size was strange, so I dug in and noticed that if a sample is re-used for multiple key-ranges inside of the soundfont, the program decodes the sample for each key range, rather than re-use the sample. If I find the time to solve...
  6. J

I've been using the wavetable synthesis library on a Teensy 4.1 and I'm trying to get public domain soundfonts to fit on to the teensy's PROGMEM. I've been doing some research and trying to understand the library and the decoder, but I was wondering if anyone could offer any insights to the...
  7. J

Updated SoundFontDecoder

Hi manicksan - thank you for implementing this fix for the 4.x teensy. Can you provide an example of how to use the decoder in python? I'm on a mac and keep getting the following error when trying to run it: decode_selected() missing 1 required positional argument: 'user_dir' Thanks!
  8. J

MidiSynth Wavetable Examples Don't Compile for 4.1

Thanks for the intel! Have you used this decoder with python before? I'm on a mac and trying to set up a soundfont using this and keep getting an error, " decode_selected() missing 1 required positional argument: 'user_dir'" ; not sure how to properly specify the output so perhaps that is the...
  9. J

MidiSynth Wavetable Examples Don't Compile for 4.1

Hello! I've got my teensy 4.1 all set up with the audio shield and I'm trying to test out the wavetable midi synth examples, but they will not compile. Seems strange since there is more memory on the 4.1 than the 3.6... here's the error I'm getting on MidiSynthLarge (same error occurs on...
  10. J

Instrument w. Polyphonic Sample Playback

Thanks for the encouragement Edward! Wise words to take it one step at a time, something I foolishly ignore too often :) So far I've soldered up a teensy 4.1 with an extra 8mb of psram, set up my audio shield, and created a midi input circuit and got that going as well. All that has been...
  11. J

Instrument w. Polyphonic Sample Playback

Hello! I am trying to make an instrument that has samples combined with a basic piano sound, so that when you hit the black keys on a midi keyboard, you hear a sample. Ideally, it could support as many samples playing simultaneously as possible, but at a minimum, I hope to get 6 'voices' out of...
Back