Search results

1. M

Encoder.h and SPI display conflict?

Solution It's working! I am immensely grateful for your help. I believe I generally followed your explanation to boot. Happy holidays!
  2. M

Unfortunately, this did not work. The delay did not change the output. No, I only see the issue with the first clockwise turn of the encoder by 1 detent. I tried this anyway, but I did not observe any change to the output. Thanks again for your suggestions.
  3. M

Unfortunately, this did not resolve it. Thanks for your suggestion.
  4. M

Thanks Kurt, I will give this a try tomorrow morning. For today I am tied up cooking a holiday dinner. Cheers!
  5. M

I'm excited about the ideas you and Kurt provided. Thank you again. I will try them first thing tomorrow morning. For today, I need to finish my beef wellingtons before the family arrives. :)
  6. M

I tried both of these at the end of the setup. Both compiled, but unfortunately nothing changed. I could use a different pin (not 12) but it would be a fairly involved change at the present stage of my project. I only posted the relevant part of my code, but its 1500 lines and the custom...
  7. M

Hi, I am grateful for your input, but the code you indicated is above my present level. Can it be entered directly into the Arduino IDE? in the setup? *Edit 2022-12-24 @19:03 - I gave it a shot and it did not compile. I'm probably missing something obvious..
  8. M

Thank you for the suggestion, Kurt. I just tried it and unfortunately nothing changed.
  9. M

[Hardware - Teensy LC w/ Bourns PEC12R-2120F-S0012 quadrature encoder; encoder to Teensy LC pins 21 and 12; filter circuit for the encoder is per the datasheet] When I upload the code attached a clockwise turn of the encoder one increment (detent) yields -4 in the serial monitor, as expected...
  10. M

Unable to RE-enter program mode; MKL02/MKL26Z64VFT4 diy board

Ok , I purchased two so I will solder in a new one tomorrow.
  11. M

Hi Paul, Thanks for your help. Yellow trace is program (MKL02 PTB2 [QFN Pin 10]). The MKL02 chip does not appear to be pulling it up to 3.3V. The trace does flatten at zero when the program button is pressed. Magenta is Reset ((MKL02 QFN Pins 4 & 13 connected to MKL26 pin 26). It is holding...
  12. M

Hello, I built a board with a MKL02 chip with pre-programmed Teensy and MKL26Z64VFT4 (Teensy LC). Last night I ran a blink program successfully. I connected program (MKL02 PTB2 [QFN Pin 10]) to ground according to the troubleshooting forum and all was good. Next, I uploaded a MIDI USB test...
  13. M

Following Crystal Guidelines? 2-layer DIY Teensy LC (MKL26Z64VFT4) project

Thanks for the feedback. Here's the new board:
  14. M

Following Crystal Guidelines? 2-layer DIY Teensy LC (MKL26Z64VFT4) project

Hello, I have reviewed the posted crystal guidelines and I believe this layout adheres to the PJRC recommendations. Would anyone offer criticism before I send the board to the fab house? Thanks! Notes: Crystal is 344-NX3225SA16MHZB3; this is a 2-layer DIY Teensy LC (MKL26Z64VFT4) project...
  15. M

MIDI Serial Input Circuit not working on PCB

Hi, sorry for the delay. I purchased an oscilloscope and USB microscope and I have further details, but still have not solved the issue. I also fried 3 Teensy LCs poking probes and wires around with reckless abondon (I'm a Mech-E). Attached are photos of the board. I know the hot plate solder...
  16. M

MIDI Serial Input Circuit not working on PCB

Hello, I have successfully assembled the MIDI input circuit to the Teensy on a breadboard. I implemented the same circuit on a PCB and it is not working. So I went back and built it again on a breadboard successfully, just to be sure I understand it, but I still can't figure out why the PCB...
  17. M

DIY Teensy LC Eagle schematic (Welcoming Feedback)

Thank you I watched the TI Precision Labs - USB: Layout Basics for USB Designs on Youtube video and I will look into the topic further. It does appear that routing the USB according to differential trace impedance will require attention to trace length, width, spacing, ground planes, etc.. It...
  18. M

Thank you for your feedback! Yes, it is a switch (PTS810SJG250SMTRLFS) and I just realized the label for the switch is covering the MKL02 pinout. I fixed that. I also grounded the second COM pin. I didn't know the USB signals were a "differential pair" nor did I know they had to be routed with...
  19. M

Hello, I am requesting feedback regarding the schematic attached for a DIY Teensy LC in Eagle. I have omitted the 74LV1T125 and I will not be using USB power; an LDO will supply the +5V to VREGIN. I attempted to use the same parts others suggested elsewhere in this forum. I have not learned to...
  20. M

Omit the 74LV1T125 on a diy board; & 74LV1T125 vs transistor

Thank you, LenSamuelson. I'm going to omit the 74LV1T125. When you said, "A transistor or FET level translator would be quick to pull its output "low" but its "high" output state is really a high impedance state. So the output would "drift high" rather than being driven," it was a bit over my...
  21. M

Thank you, Paul. I'm going to look into the comparative rise times of the two device classes as a future learning objective.
  22. M

Output 17 (PTB1, MKL26Z64VFT4 pin 28) on a DIY Teensy LC will operate normally as a digital, analog, i2c, pwm, or touch pin if I do not include the 74LV1T125 circuit correct? Follow-up: Regarding 74LV1T125 it appears to me that 74LV1T125 is typically used in "Up translation" 3.3 V to 5.0 V at...
  23. M

MIDI receiving continously in serial monitor - "Message, type=248, data = 0 0"

Thank you all for your input. I feel foolish for not cross-checking with a keyboard. You are 100% right I was testing with a drum machine (Yamaha RY9) and I have found the sync clock settings in the manual. I'll look into active sensing next. Thanks again!
  24. M

MIDI receiving continously in serial monitor - "Message, type=248, data = 0 0"

MIDI receiving continously in serial monitor - "Message, type=248, data = 0 0" I built the MIDI circuit for 5-pin DIN here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_MIDI.html This circuit worked well for me the last time I built it, but this time I am getting this message continuously: "Message...
  25. M

MIDI.begin(MIDI_CHANNEL_OMNI); Does this render the TX pin unsusable as digital IO?

Thank you very much Paul; I will try configuring the pin mode after MIDI is initialized this evening. Happy new year.
  26. M

MIDI.begin(MIDI_CHANNEL_OMNI); Does this render the TX pin unsusable as digital IO?

Unfortunately, I have not been able to identify the issue so I may need to abandon use of Pin 1. Checking one last time if anyone has information on this topic. Thank you.
  27. M

Hi all, Full code attached. I'm using a Teensy LC. I am using only the MIDI IN side of the circuit here https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_MIDI.html I thought I could use pin 1 the TX pin as a digital out. (Because I don't need to send MIDI serial). When the code is uploaded and executed...
  28. M

Teensyduino encoder library "provides 4X counting mode" ?

Thank you for clarifying Paul. I will divide by 4.
  29. M

Thank you MatrixRat. I will try implementing the EncoderTool library from luni64. I added my schematic - maybe I executed the example from Bourns incorrectly.
  30. M

Hi, I am using an encoder and the values returned are skipping by 4 (each detent increments the value by 4). I understand this is because the encoder has quadrature output, however, the Teensyduino encoder library "provides 4X counting mode" correct? How do I engage the 4x counting mode? My...
  31. M

I2C SSD1306 scrolling without scroll instrucitons

Hi Pete, I will look into the loop again. I beleive my intention was: the assignedNoteArrayIndex, when it is 4, the loop executes and assignedNoteArrayIndex+1 makes it 5; then the loop does not execute and the next (>4) loop executes. I greatly appreaciate your input and I belive the most...
  32. M

Thank you very much a27x64sy for your feedback. I trust the 2.2k pullup is a viable solution. I ended up switching to an SPI display and the speed is greatly preferable. Thanks again and take care!
  33. M

Thank you very much for your feedback. I trust this is a viable solution. I ended up switching to an SPI display and the speed is greatly preferable. Thanks again and take care!
  34. M

Hi! Full code attached; video here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ByJGH3-74UsAg6_n22N2JxHRnuG7SkjR/view?usp=sharing This project receives midi notes (songs) and illuminates LEDs in time with the notes. When a user presses a button the next 5 notes received are mapped to 5 LEDs; then, when any...
  35. M

ISR to map MIDI notes to output pins?

Hello, I am using the Teensy (LC) to illuminate LEDs based on the MIDI note-on received. I manually assigned 5 notes (e.g. 60, 61, 62, 63, 64) to 5 LEDs. It's working nicely; when I press one of the 5 assigned notes on my keyboard the correct/corresponding LEDs illuminate. Next, I want to...
Back