Search results

1. C

Record to SD Card & I2C Command Issues

Hey folks- I have a project where I'm recording stereo audio to an SD card on the Audio shield with a Teensy 3.2. The sketch records and plays fine, but the recording is sped up/distorted if I run any commands on the I2C bus while it's recording. I have an OLED and a GPIO expander on the I2C...
  2. C

Audio Peak Question

Hey- I've been trying to use the peak feature to determine if there is audio playing via the line-in. I'd like to make an audio triggered recorder. I tried to use peak.available but it ends up returning as true the first time because even though there is no audio playing, there is still new...
  3. C

Recorder.ino Sped-up

Happy to say that I got it working! I had changed AUDIO_BLOCK_SAMPLES in Audiostream.h from 128 to 256 when I was messing with another sketch a while back and forgot about it after dealing with other problems. I changed it back and saved but still had the same issue, so I figured I'd just...
  4. C

Recorder.ino Sped-up

Thanks for the reply Pete. I've been playing it back on the Teensy and it's still been sped up. I tried taking it into Audacity and playing with the sampling rate but I ended up with the same result. I also just tried the PassThroughStereo sketch which worked flawlessly.
  5. C

Recorder.ino Sped-up

Hey folks- I've been testing the Recorder example on a Teensy 3.2 with an Audio Shield, however every time I play back the recording it is sped up. After reading online I thought this may have been due to the sampling rate of the audio that I was recording via the line in on the audio board...
  6. C

change sample rate in Recorder.ino?

Why is the sampling rate in this sketch 48kHz? I can't see any code setting that sample rate; I thought everything in the library was 16bit 44.1kHz?
  7. C

Teensy 3.2 & Audio Shield Record to SD

Well I ended up getting it working; after some troubleshooting I determined that it wasn't creating a file on the SD card so the recording queue never started. I poked around and found this thread...
  8. C

Ah gotcha, that makes sense. Dang I thought I figured out the reason why my setup isn't working haha. I purchased a new 32GB SanDisk ultra micro SD and still had the same results. It doesn't seem like it's actually writing to the SD because I don't see the SD write times in the serial monitor...
  9. C

Well after reading this post: https://forum.arduino.cc/t/record-audio-and-store-it-on-an-sd-card/261054/2 It seems like that example sketch may only run on Teensy 3.1. Out of curiosity does anyone know why? Could it be adapted to 3.2? Thanks
  10. C

Here are some pictures of the setup. It reads all of the inputs fine but doesn't seem like it's writing anything to the SD card. With the the code to time SD writes uncommented I don't see anything on the serial monitor. I'm not sure why it wouldn't be writing to the SD card. I'm using an 8GB...
  11. C

Hey All- I've been trying to use the recorder example sketch to validate recording to an SD card with a Teensy 3.2 and the audio shield's line in. The SD card reads fine with the CardInfo sketch but the Teensy never records to the SD card. I've tried reformatting the SD card but had no luck. At...
  12. C

Recording Stereo Audio to SD Card

Hey Frank- I finally got around to trying out the WavePlayer with a Teensy 3.2 and the Audio Shield. I had to change a few things on the I2S record example but it seemed to work. I did run into a loud buzzing noise when playing back the recording, but I'm thinking that's likely related to my...
  13. C

Recording Stereo Audio to SD Card

I'm interested to know how to do this as well. It sounds like the only way is to convert the .raw to a .wav. I've seen folks do that with Audacity, but it'd be nice to do it all onboard the Teensy. I'm going to dig into it further but I'm curious if anyone has any experience with making the...
  14. C

Stereo Audio Project

Hey folks- I have a few questions about the feasibility of a project to record/playback stereo audio on a number of different slots using the Teensy 3.2. I'm open to using another version if necessary but I already have a 3.2 as well as an audio shield. Essentially I'd like to have 16...
Back