Search results

1. R

Teensy 4.1 I2C to Arduino Portenta

Hi Paul, I've completed my tests and the fixed library with the 22pF capacitor on the SCL to GND looks to have resolve that issue. Thank you for working that out! I'm getting good clear comms across the I2C backbone now.
  2. R

Loss of Audio Shield Rev D due to Overheating

No this is very helpful. I haven't tried the other I2C ports so will test them out too as well as your other suggestions. For 2), the Portenta I2C through the breakout board is 3.3v and is using Pin->Qwiic connection. I tried the ALT power earlier as well but still had the same result. More...
  3. R

Not a problem and happy to elaborate. I'm using an Arduino Portenta as the Master on an I2C bus with all the other devices as Slave one of which is this Teensy setup. The bus runs at 3.3V as all devices either only do 3.3V (via Qwiic connections) or use a logic converter (for the Arduino Uno)...
  4. R

No, I don't see the same issue occuring with the samples. I am realising there is something in the program written, i just can't understand what might be causing it though. Specifically why would that chip on the shield generate so much heat from 3.3v with < 400mah.
  5. R

While I can't share the software (unreleased project i'm contributing to), the odd thing is that has occured across two shields only when using I2C in slave. When using the serial pins or just USB, it hasn't occured once yet.
  6. R

Good question, The shield is mounted underneath with/without the Sparkfun I2C shield in between (I’ve isolated it from the test and it appears to not be a factor) The increase in temp happens within 5-10s with failure occurring quickly within 20secs after if I2C power is not removed. The...
  7. R

Hi everyone, I've got a overheating issue occuring that resulted in the loss of two Audio Shields Rev D and the issue is difficult to reproduce. Using the teensyDuino 1.57 on a TeensyBoard 4.1 with Audio Shield Rev D using I2C to trigger the generation of the audio output via I2S, for some...
  8. R

@PaulSoffregen I switched to the Richard-Gemmell I2C and repointed the Audio.h libraries to that instead of Wire and this has restored I2C connectivitiy while using I2S Output https://github.com/Richard-Gemmell/teensy4_i2c
  9. R

@PaulSoffregen, I'm stumped as to why this is happening. Board responds to I2C commands when the AudioOutput is PWM or others but not I2S. On Teensy 4.1 with Audio Shield #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> // GUItool: begin...
  10. R

Teensyduino 1.57 Beta #1

This line appears to be conflicting with the I2C onRecieve AudioOutputI2S i2s2; If i comment it out, the I2C works but if I put it in, it prevents the communication. Teensy as Slave Code #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> #include <SPI.h> #include <SD.h> #include <SerialFlash.h> // GUItool...
  11. R

@PaulSoffregen it's worth noting that I still get more errors than other boards but it is massively reduced when shielding the wires and removing nearby potential interference.
  12. R

Update: I think it is safe to say this is a user/hardware issue not a software/firmware issue. I replaced the I2C cables and rewired with untwisted cables between the I2C shields and it is communicating strongly now even as part of a longer chain. Apologies if I wasted anyones time trying to...
  13. R

@tonton81 Switched it over and repeated the test but got the same results :( Also I tested directly with Sparkfun I2C shield and same results. Works great as the master, horrible as the slave.
  14. R

Hi Paul, Updated to 1.57 and still no luck. Test setup is msg#1 with the Portenta as the "Master" Script above and the teensy with "Slave" Script. i've attached an image of the teensy on the breakout board connecting to the I2C ports on the Portenta with its breakout board. What is interesting...
  15. R

@PaulSoffregen I2C is running ok however I'm getting a lot of bad character read and transmission. I've isolated and tested with Teensy 4.1 and other boards in identical configuration however while all other boards get good clean read-send messages, the teensy 4.1 has a character error rate over...
  16. R

I've added the updated Wire library with the core update. It looks to be working as planned and I have not required the work around library at all :) This has made using the Audio Library now conflict free without extensive edits.
  17. R

Awesome, thanks for the heads up. I'll definitely update to 1.57 when it's ready.
  18. R

I realised that Teensy 4.1 with Wire library does not work as expected. Switched to using the following worked in replacement of the wire library on the slave teensy. https://github.com/Richard-Gemmell/teensy4_i2c #include <i2c_driver.h> #include <i2c_driver_wire.h> Sourced from the forum...
  19. R

Hi, long time reader, first time poster. I purchased a Teensy 4.1 with Audio Shield a while ago and it has been perfect. I recently set it up to accept I2C commands from an Arduino Portenta instead of Serial commands however I cannot get it to function as a slave. Both the Arduino and the...
Back