Search results

1. T

Teensy 4.0 - based Audio Guestbook

Hi, it's me again, Ted. Thanks to all that have moved this forward in my absence, especially Frank; I will try Frank's revised code soon. As many have found, most issues are with wiring. I did research for the best SD card to use and got this 32 Gig Sandisk Ultra from Amazon...
  2. T

Yep. it sure sounds like you have a wonky or badly adjusted switchhook / hook switch. Try bending the metal parts that operate the switch and maybe change the bounce value to be bigger.
  3. T

Ferrite bead might help, no harm in trying.
  4. T

The reverse wiring on the mic did cure all my buzzing but I had already taken great care to route the mic wires away from all the others, especially the wires to the buttons. You can also try twisting the wires from the Audio PCB to the mic connection on the phone, twisted wires are better at...
  5. T

I'm new to Teensy and not very familiar with Arduino but am good with PSoC Creator. Seems to me that, rather than use the in line coding of the buttonxxx functions, I could set up a timer ISR called say 16 times a second and test button states there. Any suggestions or thoughts on why this...
  6. T

So the latest full code is at the bottom of this post. I still have a small issue that may be to do with the way the wav player works. Here's the issue (see snippet below). case Mode::GreetingIsPlaying: // Wait for greeting to end OR handset to be replaced if (playWav1.isPlaying()) {...
  7. T

Update. I investigated the handset wiring and found that there was an electret condenser mic in it but the black wire was not ground (never assume!) so the polarity of the supply to the mic was reversed and there was probably some sort of oscillation happening so, for anyone who has the buzzing...
  8. T

Rats, I have it all put together now and I get a high pitched buzzing on all my recordings, I've tried screening the mic cables but it hasn't gone away. Any ideas?
  9. T

Using SD Fat on Teensy 4.1

Just to help anyone following in my footsteps... To get documentation on SDFAT, go to this github page, download the zip file and expand it to a location of your choice, then look for the file index.html and open it in your browser (just double click in file explorer).
  10. T

Thanks Kurt, I'll dig into that. Ted
  11. T

I'm starting a project that uses the SD card slot on the Teensy 4.1. Can anyone please provide: 1. An example of code that's written to use the SD Fat code on a Teensy 4.1 and using the SD slot on the Teensy 4.1 running QSPI? 2. Where are the recommended SD Fat drivers for use with a Teensy...
  12. T

Need help, new to this!!

In case anyone reads through this thread and wants to know how to make this project work, I made this same project following the linked Youtube video above but found that the code was buggy, particularly around the switch/case statement. With help from others on this forum, I fixed the code and...
  13. T

A single pole changeover is just what you want, it's the same as SPDT. If you connect the common (center) connection to the switch input, one end will be normally closed and the other normally open.
  14. T

All the system needs is a switch that operates correctly; your edit shows that you have proved it's the switch. A microswitch will not require any code changes. Microswitches are usually single pole, double throw so you just need to mimic the present switch logic - either open or closed when...
  15. T

It's almost certainly a bad switch. Things you could try: 1. Bend the metal arm slightly (we did this all the time when I worked for POTS company) 2. Squirt some contact cleaner inside the switch if possible 3. Remove the switch from the PCB, take it apart, and clean the contacts 4. Replace the...
  16. T

I didn't install the C++ Workload first as the VisualMicro instructions ask for (they also ask for English to be installed but I haven't done that yet). After C++ Workload was installed, I did get the option to use a free trial so I can now compile and the Teensy program window pops up -...
  17. T

So I already had Arduino installed under mt Users/Documents folder. I installed Visual Studio 2022 and then used Extensions to install the Arduino plugin. Then I was able to open and edit the .ino file in the main VS window but when I right click on a #include statement e.. bounce.h and select...
  18. T

Hmmm, I wasn't aware of VisualMicro but reading their page, it isn't clear how it relates to Arduino, is it like a wrapper layer GUI?
  19. T

It should be pretty simple to add #ifdef conditional compilation statements to the code so that the user just sets the logic for the switch hooks in one place and then the code is changed throughout the project as needed. I must say I dislike the awkwardness of finding / not being able to jump...
  20. T

SGTL5000 shortages

Excellent. Now I recall, the problems I had were related to use with an audio Amp IC that had to run as a slave and there was a BT module in the mix that could run at 2 different clock rates so I had to create the WCLK from an external IC (I discovered an IC that generates all the clocks needed...
  21. T

SGTL5000 shortages

I like the TLV320AIC23BPWR because a) it's available as an SOIC (PW package) which means that a PCB that can be self-assembled (by me) for prototypes. Once the bugs are ironed out, it can shift to VQFN (RHD package) for professional production and even BGA for masochists. b) It's made by TI and...
  22. T

SGTL5000 shortages

How about the TLV320AIC27 ? Although Digikey says they are obsolete, they are <$3 each and are available. I can design an audio PCB for this or some other coded IC if there's enough interest?
  23. T

You're welcome. It sounds like your switch hook (the switch that operates when you lift your phone) is faulty. Try putting another switch in the circuit and test that it operates correctly; if it does then you need to figure out how to fix your switch. One idea that occurs to me is that there...
  24. T

finalcut There are SIGNIFICANT changes between the switch statement in your code and mine. I've updated the code to handle the sending of the recorded message and then wait until that message has been sent before recording. You may want to try it as, among other things, it gets rid of the...
  25. T

OK, so I made the code changes suggested by h4n0nnym0u5e and, as far as my limited testing has gone, the logic works fine. The problem I have now is a buzzing noise on the recorded audio which I think is higher than 60 Hz which suggests to me that it's caused by some kind of interaction with the...
  26. T

A quick question on Teensy code functionality concerning when the buttons are tested for a rising or falling edge. If the user lifts the handset then the function buttonRecord.update(); that's at the top of the loop will test and, presumably, if the handset is lifted, buttonRecord.risingEdge...
  27. T

I think your connections are correct, it is the tip and sleeve for audio playback. I'm working on this today; have you increased the volume of the greeting playback - the level for the tones are set separately I think?
  28. T

Thanks for confirming that the switch statement is not well written and especially thanks for your suggestion on how it should be written; I'll try a code tweak tomorrow.
  29. T

It seems that the while (playWav1.isPlaying()) code works the first time it's called but doesn't work the second (and subsequent) time(s) it's called. In the code section below, it should wait until the outgoing message has stopped playing but the second time it's called, it jumps straight...
  30. T

Hmmm, so the test I just did had this effect: 1. The bootup was normal, phone down and I hear the power up beep from the earpiece as I power up. 2. Lift phone and hear the outgoing message then record tone, I record a message and hang up. 3. Lift phone again and I immediately hear the record...
  31. T

I've been married for over 23 years (3rd time lucky), the wedding Ion Jul 29th is for my youngest son; hope your wedding goes well. I've just retired (Aug 2021) and electronics is a great hobby for retirement. I was just looking at my Arduino IDE and, after changing the comment text color...
  32. T

There's a comment under the Youtube video by Surreylic, and one of the answers says... nevermind, had enough time to figure it out myself. But thanks for your hint, saved the wedding today! For anyone with the same problem, just switch every playWave1 with playRaw1 and „greeting.wav“ with...
  33. T

I built the project shown under this Youtube entry using a Teensy 4.0 and the 4.0 Audio card and a Sandisk Ultra 32 GB micro SD card; it sort of works but there are issues that I see have been experienced by others (towards the end of the comments under the video). The code implements the...
  34. T

Teensy 4.1 Guitar Looper

Thanks, I know what a codec is but I was thrown by the column in the list that says the PCMxxxx chips have 2 outputs - I should look at the actual datasheets I guess.
  35. T

Teensy 4.1 Guitar Looper

Thanks JayShoe, that is a big list of supported Codecs. For the PCMxxxx ICs you suggested, how do they work as pedals if they only have 2 outputs?
  36. T

Teensy 4.1 Guitar Looper

One dream I've had for a while is the idea of a guitar pedal that's on the floor but the controls are remoted to an iPad - ideally wirelessly. A long time ago, I briefly worked on a project that used an iPhone for control of a small micro PCB via Bluetooth but the hoops we had to go through to...
  37. T

Teensy 4.1 Guitar Looper

Thanks, I have designed, made PCBs for, and built a few guitar effects pedals plus an entire guitar amp (presently at Vn 2) so I do have some experience on handling guitar signals but I don't claim to know it all so I will take a look at your schematics. Thanks also to h4yn0nnym0u5e for the...
  38. T

Teensy 4.1 Guitar Looper

Thanks for the steer to a VERY relevant thread :D I have a Teensy 4.0 running with a Rev D audio board (my first Teensy project) plus I have a Teensy 4.1 on the way to me. It strikes me that the Rev D audio board is kind of unsuited to the Teensy 4.1 because both have a micro SD card holder...
  39. T

Teensy 4.1 Guitar Looper

Thanks for all the input and ideas so far. I managed to order a Tennsy 4.1 from Adafruit and the audio PCB that goes with it from Amazon. I thought about using RAM to store the loop data but the biggest SOIC RAM chip that's suggested for either of these boards is only 2 M Bytes; has anyone got...
  40. T

Teensy 4.1 Guitar Looper

I'm a (just) retired embedded engineer (hardware design and some coding e.g. drivers) but just starting on Teensy. I have this idea for a looper based on the Teensy 4.1 but, to have useful loop storage, it would have to store data on the micro SD card. I have looked through the audio forum and...
Back