Failed to configure Ethernet using DHCP

Andries Oyens

Dear people,

my first question ever after using Teensy for a long time. Yesterday I had Teensy 4.1 running with Ethernet Kit for Teensy 4.1 the Standard example UdpNtpClient from teensy examples. No problem.
Suddenly I got the monitor message: Failed to configure Ethernet using DHCP and no green light on the ethernet connection.
I changed ethernet cables. Re programmed with original source.
Bought two new teensy's 4.1 and two new Ethernet kits. All same results.
I programmed on different computer. Changed to different switch etc. Blink is just working.
But ethernet green light still not green and same error message in monitor.

Linux Arduino 1.8.13 updateted Teensy board software.

What can be wrong??
Quick reply to this messageReply Reply With QuoteReply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message

Last edited:
Which Ethernet library are you using? (There’s two: QNEthernet (mine, available from the Library Manager), and vjmuzik’s NativeEthernet (I think it’s included in Teensyduino?).)

See the SNTPClient example from QNEthernet. It uses DHCP and should “just work.” I just tested it.

Last edited:
Which Ethernet library are you using? (There’s two: QNEthernet (mine, available from the Library Manager), and vjmuzik’s NativeEthernet (I think it’s included in Teensyduino?).)

See the SNTPClient example from QNEthernet. It uses DHCP and should “just work.” I just tested it.

Dear Shawn,

thank you very much. The QNEthernet Library works!
Still very strange the Original Ethernet library worked and stopped working suddenly. Anyway I am happy with your solution.

Have a nice day, Andries

Hi Shawn,
thx a lot for your help with your library ... :)

After struggling hours with the 2 libraries in the Teensyduino (Ethernet and NativeEthernet - to be honest .. I have no clue what are the differences) I found your post and tried out your library.
Got an IP address at once and an answer ...
I will go on now and study the network stuff ... hoping to have more clue in some weeks :D

Back