teensy 4.1 not recognised by pc anymore

Bullpopbearpup

So i'm making a button box for my flight simulator and using the teensy 4.1 as the controller for it. I'm using the usb joystick option. I made the connection first and uploaded my program which worked for only a few of my switches, which made me check the souldered cables and noticed a bad soldering job here was the culprit. After disconnecting the USB cable, and resoldering i try to reconnect the teensy to reupload the program, but it is now not recognised by my pc anymore. Pressing the button does nothing.

I already tried changing USB ports, and rebooting the PC which did not help. Nothing seems burnt or broken on the board itself.
Did i fry my teensy by soldering ? i didn't even resoulder on the teensy itself only connections at the buttons and switches themselfs.

20231014_165908 (1).jpg

It's hard to tell. Windows or Linux PC for programming? Linux will make it clear when you connect.
My suggestion would be to use a Teensy with pins or sockets and crimp sockets or pins on your wires so that you can disconnect, reconnect at will. I've burnt up a couple by my own ineptitude so I've learned to make them replaceable.
What does the rest of the circuit look like? Drawing too much power from the Teensy? Got a power shorted to ground? Have you tried a hard reset of the Teensy and see if blink starts working?

Try disconnecting the wire from the 3V pin and powering things up.

Thank you for your answer. I tried desoldering everything and the board still work fine. after some extra checks i noticed i named the analog pins wrongly and used the digital pins, so the board was stuck. or it did make the power stuck to ground, but luckily with enough resistance not to short anything.
I could have resolved it only desoldering the analog pins, but it still beats buying a new teensy.

Back