install teensyduino in debian - beaglebone black

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocaman

hi

is there some place that a can find instructions for install teensyduino on debian?

the portal just say "install teensyduino" but dont say how. i have downloaded the file teensyduino.32bit but, and now?

thanks in advance

note: i have installed arduino1.0.5

I'm pretty sure that the Linux installers for Teensyduino are only for x86-type processors, not for ARM devices. I ran into a similar problem when trying to install Teensyduino on the Raspberry Pi. If that's not the case then maybe we'll both learn something.

well, the problem is there is not instructions. I cant test if works or not. i am positive on this.

For what it's worth, you can probably get the Beagle Bone Black to upload new hex files to the Teensy. See this page on the HalfKay protocol and link to source code. You'd still have to compile your Teensy code on an x86 box.

Porting Paul's modified Arduino environment to the BBB would be much more work. You'd probably have to install it on an x86 box; diff Paul's installation vs the vanilla Arduino environment; and figure out how to rebuild/replace any binaries you found including the C++ compiler.

When you were done, you'd have a development environment that runs on an underpowered ARM system with a tiny screen. No disrespect to the BBB intended--it's a nice piece of kit for what it's good at. It would be neat to have the BBB capable of compiling code for the Teensy, but when the novelty wore off you might be happier doing that on your laptop or desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back