Problem with ILI9341 and UART1 on Teensy 3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

oric_dan

Sorry if this has been answered previously, but I did do a google search.

So I'm using a Teensy 3.2, IDE 1.8.7, and Teensyduino 1.48 (installed 11/10/2019). The basic Adafruit ILI9341 graphics test program works fine with this setup, as do the Adafruit libraries residing in \hardware\avr\teensy. Shows the gfx tests and prints updates to the Terminal screen correctly.

However, in my apps I need to use Serial1 rather than Serial0(USB) for my UI. So, I wrote simple menuing code using Serial.available() and Serial.read(), and the UI works fine. I can enter commands for cls, gfx test, print to ILI9341 Lcd, etc, and it all works fine.

However, when I change to Serial1 (UART1), the printouts to the Terminal still work ok, but the T3.2 will not respond to commands sent to it from the Terminal. Note, I use Serial1 all day long in 100% of my programs, and never had any other problems so the connections and FTDI adaptor are all good.

TIA, for any help.

Oh well, never mind. Fixed it. Turns out if RST is set to 0 or 1, then UART1 hangs. Works for other values including -1. I guess I've used the old Adafruit ST7735 library for too many years where it says RST can be set to 0. Duh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back