Recent content by ariesboy571

1. A

Question about sending pixel data for use with VideoDisplay

@MountainView: Did anyone ever help you with this, or did you find an answer? I'm sort of stuck on the same problem, oddly enough. I'm sure the answer is in here somewhere, but as usual, I'm having a terrible time finding it. I can calculate a white value based on the RGB values I'm getting from...
  2. A

Arduino IDE boot loop. Anyone ever see this?

I have this project, and up until this afternoon, it was working. I was debugging, and I'd just loaded a fix. During execution, when the code reached the point that it was accessing the Wire2 port, the serial console grayed out, and the Teensy application re-flashed the Teensy 3.6. all by...
  3. A

Project: SPI_MSTransfer

Okay, using the examples files, again under SPI2WayExamples (master and slave). The A_ConfigDefines.h files are set up to use 15 for CS and 14 for SCK, but nothing's happening between them; those examples, out of the box, appear not to work. These are both Teensy 3.6es, brand new, and I've...
  4. A

SPI Slave

tonton: I decided to give SPI_MSTransfer a shot. I commented at the end of your development thread. The demos aren't working (although they are compiling). I tried crossing/uncrossing the streams, and moving CS pins around; no luck. I also replaced the library files with the ones from the .zip...
  5. A

Project: SPI_MSTransfer

Tonton (Tony): I've hammered my brains against the wall for (more or less) the entire day. I've been unable to get your basic examples to work. The ones I loaded were the SPI2WayExamples -> master, and SPI2WayExamples -> slave. They were loaded onto virgin Teensy 3.6-es, and the wiring is as...
  6. A

Teensy 3.0 as SPI Slave

I've downloaded the library, but the examples won't compile. I'm compiling for Teensy 3.6, but I changed to Teensy 3.0, then 3.1/3.2; the compile errors are line-for-line identical: In file included from...
  7. A

SPI Slave

Has anyone managed to get any of the SPI slave code, from any of the libraries, to work? I've downloaded tonton's library, and tested it; it hangs immediately when data reception begins. My setup is really, really basic; two Teensy 3.6-es, connected as specified, using SPI0. Connections are CS0...
  8. A

Teensy 3.0 as SPI Slave

I have been looking for something that allows a slave's data to be read by the master, but I'm doing this on a Teensy 3.6. Are you still working with your library? Does it still work?
  9. A

SPI Slave

Sorry, I should be more specific. I'm trying to create what might be a similar device to what brtaylor is doing. I'm using I2C to tell the Teensy 3.6 *what* I want to read from the SPI port; the problem is...actually reading it. This will be 8-bit data (rather a lot of it) that I'm sending. If...
  10. A

SPI Slave

@tonton81: So it only transfers 16-bit bytes, then?
  11. A

Using several SPI units om Teensy 3.6

KurtE, can you give us an example of what passing in an SPI object by reference looks like? In my case, I'm using the newest RadioHead library for an RF22. It seems clear that the class wants a reference to the correct SPI port, but it's blowing up during compilation (Arduino IDE ver 1.8.8...
  12. A

Dealing with an unreliable SPI device, looking for suggenstions with SPI::transfer()

And now of course the silly thing is behaving perfectly. Why is it that when you *want* something to die (conveniently) it won't...Paul, did you also make these things thought-sensitive? I only ask because sometimes, it really, really seems like it... :)
  13. A

Dealing with an unreliable SPI device, looking for suggenstions with SPI::transfer()

Hello all. So here's a weird-o... I have an SPI device, which, as it turns out, seems somewhat electrically unstable. It likes to hang itself, every little while. That, in and of itself, is not such a problem, as it has an I2C component as well, with which I can reset the entire device...if I...
  14. A

How to do I2C double start to communicate to LTC2992?

Got it working! Thank you, Paul! As it turns out, although the hardware-specific implementation *looks* a certain way on the logic analyzer, it's a little deceptive, because after correctly tweaking the endTransmission() statements, everything just...turned on. And works beautifully.
  15. A

How to do I2C double start to communicate to LTC2992?

Well, it seems to be working. Although I can't really explain how. This code: //#include <i2c_t3.h> #include <Wire.h> #define LTC2992_ADDR 0x6F void setup() { Wire.begin(); Wire.setSDA(34); Wire.setSCL(33); // Wire.begin(I2C_MASTER, 0x00, I2C_PINS_33_34, I2C_PULLUP_EXT...
Back