C
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• C
      Problem found and solved. The platformio teensy configurartion file version 4.17 uses the "cxx_flags" switch "-fsingle-precision-constant", which if perfect for the Teensy3.x, because their Floating Point Unit (FPU) can handle only 'floats'. But...
    • C
      If you do end up having to compile it, I'm going to shamelessly advocate you use the version I modified: https://github.com/collin80/teensy_loader_cli Why? Because I have confirmed support for all the newer versions (4, 4.1, MM), added more of...
    • C
      CollinK replied to the thread 64 bit Flotingpoint.
      But the problem for the clientele that tend to use the Arduino IDE is that not using double leads to situations that may bring them outside of their depth. I'm not trying to be condescending either. Everyone has varying levels of knowledge in...
    • C
      CollinK replied to the thread 64 bit Flotingpoint.
      The OP never did mention which board they are interested in using with 64 bit floating point. And, the simple answer is indeed to just use double. But, to cover things more fully, if you define a floating point constant or literal then putting f...
    • C
      The method that I use bypasses the Teensy bootloader entirely and has two components. One is a set of routines that you include in your Teensy sketch. This code is known as FlasherX and you can search for it on the forum. The other component is a...
    • C
      As mentioned above, one of the easier ways is to use the Teensyloader CLI tool. Then you can distribute the teensyloader EXE, your firmware file, and a batch file that calls the CLI tool with the proper parameters. Voila, it updates. Now, this is...
    • C
      Came across this post https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/libstdc-exception-handling-__verbose_terminate_handler-causing-bloat-in-output-binary.75084/, Not sure if it would help in freeing up some of your memory
    • C
      I figured I may as well try this as well. Here is my program by default: teensy_size: Memory Usage on Teensy MicroMod: teensy_size: FLASH: code:337960, data:95104, headers:8276 free for files:16073732 teensy_size: RAM1: variables:140512...
    • C
      Even though the c++ compiler is passed switches like "-fnoexceptions -fno-rtti -fno-threadsafe-statics", the copy of libstdc++ that gets linked by Teensyduino was still built with exceptions enabled and includes a bunch of cruft associated with...
    • C
      I'll throw in my hat as someone who has run into this exact problem and had to work around it. I was thrown for a loop for a while as my code was only something like 300k so it easily fit into the gargantuan amount of FLASH on a Teensy MicroMod...
    • C
      Yes, please. It's entirely obnoxious and I hate it. GCC should learn to shut up. I don't care that something or other changed in GCC 7.1 when we are *SEVERAL* versions ahead of that. Don't care at all. I really do wish the Teensy default compile...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back