C
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• C
      So, it's great that CrashReporter exists and it is possible to see a stack trace of where the program crashed. However, there is a problem. The usual advice to use addr2line only seems to work well if you don't put any functions into only flash...
    • C
      CollinK replied to the thread Please help me, it's urgent..
      As KurtE said, you really should try to retrieve the crash dump to see if it was filled out with information about the reason for reset. You may be experiencing a brown out due to activating sensors. Or, you may be overflowing memory. Or, there...
    • C
      Honestly, I think this subject is being over complicated. Conceptually, it needn't be this difficult. RAM2 is mostly uninitialized and persists across warm boots. As mentioned, the CrashReport interface uses RAM2 for storage of the breadcrumbs...
    • C
      CollinK replied to the thread Serial.begin() not needed???.
      For what it's worth, I use PlatformIO with a Teensy Micromod based project. I use Visual Studio Code. The serial monitor in this setup seems to do a pretty good job of automatically closing when the TeensyMM gets flashed then comes back...
    • C
      Yes, early on some MicroMods had improper soldering on the BGA chip and so they would work very poorly. Sometimes you can get them to work by pressing on the chip. Obviously that isn't super reassuring. I've certainly had it happen to me. It...
    • C
      CollinK replied to the thread usb-c format.
      Only about 100%. ;) It's very common to put USB-C socket on modern devices but actually have the devices use USB2 hardware internally. This is a supported thing and tends to work fine. I think the board is supposed to have a couple of resistors...
    • C
      Beer likely has conductive elements in it and that could be shorting out places on the board. I'd wash it thoroughly then let it dry. Contrary to popular belief, most circuit boards handle water just fine, so long as they aren't on. In fact...
    • C
      Problem found and solved. The platformio teensy configurartion file version 4.17 uses the "cxx_flags" switch "-fsingle-precision-constant", which if perfect for the Teensy3.x, because their Floating Point Unit (FPU) can handle only 'floats'. But...
    • C
      If you do end up having to compile it, I'm going to shamelessly advocate you use the version I modified: https://github.com/collin80/teensy_loader_cli Why? Because I have confirmed support for all the newer versions (4, 4.1, MM), added more of...
    • C
      CollinK replied to the thread 64 bit Flotingpoint.
      But the problem for the clientele that tend to use the Arduino IDE is that not using double leads to situations that may bring them outside of their depth. I'm not trying to be condescending either. Everyone has varying levels of knowledge in...
    • C
      CollinK replied to the thread 64 bit Flotingpoint.
      The OP never did mention which board they are interested in using with 64 bit floating point. And, the simple answer is indeed to just use double. But, to cover things more fully, if you define a floating point constant or literal then putting f...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back