Recent content by Davidelvig

1. Davidelvig

SGTL5000 Microphone Input - How long can the conductors be between mic and board?

Thanks, @PaulS and @MarkT! I'll need to locate some smaller quantity or more local providers. In one case, shipping is $50 and the other, 30 meter minimum order and unknown shipping. But the specs will let me find something locally.
  2. Davidelvig

SGTL5000 Microphone Input - How long can the conductors be between mic and board?

Got it. Thank you, both I’ll plan on a shielded option. I am pretty new to this area. Is this a wire mesh (GND) around an internal single wire (MIC)? Conceptually it seems like a coax cable line. I imagine there’s a standard for this type of thing that’s much smaller. Any guidance? Thanks.
  3. Davidelvig

I'd like to connect a simple Electret Condenser Microphone to the MIC inputs of the SGTL5000. How long can my leads be? The pins are up to 10" away from where I want a microphone.
  4. Davidelvig

[Moved] SGTL5000 Microphone Input - length of conductors between mic and board

I'd like to connect a Electret Condenser Microphone to the MIC inputs of the SGTL5000. How long can my leads be? The pins are up to 10" away from where I want a microphone. I moved this to Project Guidance
  5. Davidelvig

EWI mouthpiece with breath and bite (lip pressure) sensors

Hey, @arion_s, I'd love to swap stories. I've built a trumpet-like wind controller and I'd like to learn your experiences on the sax-like EWI controller. PM me here if you'd like to chat.
  6. Davidelvig

Increasing buffer size for Teensy 4.1

Thanks so much! The trouble I was having makes perfect sense now. And the solution is behaving well. I do have short bursts, transferring a file.
  7. Davidelvig

Increasing buffer size for Teensy 4.1

Necro-posting, because I am so grateful! I've been struggling with a mysterious data transfer issue that had to do with wrapping the Serial7 port in a MIDI object (Arduino MIDI library). It turns out that the MIDI acquisition slowed things down enough to cause failures. I added two lines from...
  8. Davidelvig

Short Clearance Teensy 4.1 mounting

I found this post in the forum and it's helpful, but not conclusive in my case. I'm now mounting a "Teensy 4.1 Pins" to my daughterboard as pictured I'd like to use pluggable sockets instead (to allow testing a daughterboard without soldering a Teensy). AND I'd like the lowest top-side...
  9. Davidelvig

Headphone vs Lineout - and grounding issue and change to touchRead()

Very helpful answers! Thanks so much!
  10. Davidelvig

Adding MTP to a Teensy 4.1 project (and 3.2) that is already SERIAL + MIDI

I'm working in VS Code generally. Where might I find the proper copies of usb_desc.h and possibly usb_desc.c to peruse? (or within Arduino IDE for that matter)
  11. Davidelvig

So, my mission now is to explore getting Serial+MIDI+MTP(Very Beta) working for a serial port type. I'd welcome collaborators on this... particularly those smarter than I.
  12. Davidelvig

Android File Transfer worked after a reboot! This offers some real possibilities! Thanks, all! and using the Example_3_simple_SD.ino example from the MTP_Teensy library
  13. Davidelvig

Both you and Google are my friend! The first google hit for "MTP for Mac" is productive. Searching "MTP for SWIFT" is less productive (more depressing?) I did find this alleged solution at Android.com, though it and "CommanderOne" did not see the drive. Thanks
  14. Davidelvig

Thanks, @AndyA! I'll ping @KurtE and @WMXZ (or maybe I've just pinged them by mentioning them)
  15. Davidelvig

Got it. It does indeed match the root directory of the Teensy-mounted SD card. It does work on Windows, but not the Mac. Hmmm
Back