h4yn0nnym0u5e's latest activity

• h4yn0nnym0u5e
    That’s about what I’m seeing. It certainly gets pretty warm … I have some thermistors on the way to track it. Though if I can borrow the IR camera from work, that’d be fun! I seem to recall Paul observed the CS42448 gets quite toasty, too.
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    Very simply! I think it's quite important, but there's no very good way to force the programmer to use it, because you don't know which pin's in use. The 100ms delay is probably excessive, and certainly should be dealt with much better in proper...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    It's pretty much all in the github repo, but... control_pcm3168.cpp: /* Audio Library for Teensy 3.X * Copyright (c) 2014, Paul Stoffregen, paul@pjrc.com * * Development of this audio library was funded by PJRC.COM, LLC by sales of * Teensy...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    I'm gonna plug the Pi Pico or similar one more time here ... the ATtiny only has 3k of RAM, so will max out at say 1000 LEDs per strip. I'm assuming you didn't really mean 5 million LEDs per strip, but 5 metres ... so maybe 300 per strip ... but...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    h4yn0nnym0u5e reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread Two audio boards on a 4.1 with Like Like.
    If you have the rev D2 audio board, it's usable for channels 1-2 (because the I2S address is fixed). You'll need rev D (with the pads to configure I2C address) for channels 3-4 or channels 1-2. You definitely can use rev D2 and rev D together...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    You might want to look at the RP2040 (Raspberry Pi Pico etc) for a "small" processor. Very cheap, dual cores, reasonable Flash, RAM and speed for the purpose, and it looks like the PIO / DMA can be set up to drive LED strips with very little CPU...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    h4yn0nnym0u5e replied to the thread Two audio boards on a 4.1.
    Yes - there's various threads and web pages around which give more-or-less comprehensive information on how to do it. The info pane for the QuadI2S objects in the Design Tool is a good starting point. The Teensy 4.x can comfortably manage 4i4o...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    Thanks Mark, good to know. I did find it slightly weird to have just C46 / C47 grounding the VIN- pins: seemed one step away from leaving them floating. But as a software guy who knows just enough about hardware to be dangerous, I'll go with the...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    Here you go! The dangly bit at the right is the DC-DC converter, and the DuPont cabling is connecting two differential outputs back to inputs for testing. I have no idea on C50 and C52, I cribbed them straight from “Figure 60. Buffer and...
    • 1708284146883.jpeg
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    Hi folks I've been playing around with the PCM3168, a near-alternative to the CS42448 which is now shown as discontinued on Cirrus Logic's website. From a functionality point of view, the PCM3168 doesn't have the ability to add another pair of...
    • PCM3168.png
    • Teensy.png
    • Eval.png
    • PCM3168.png
    • Teensy.png
    • Eval.png
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    Just found this one, after a lot of head-scratching. I've done PR#472 for it. The copy from the 16 incoming audio blocks to the output buffer was copying twice as much as it should have, so the second half (presumably garbage) was overwriting...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    Whoops, that sent before I was ready… I did find on the Audio Guestbook thread that the current pulses from SD write were getting into the recorded audio. It went away if the SD card was in the Teensy 4.1 on-board slot, and could be reduced (in...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    “His”, FWIW!
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    Same as it was nearly a year ago at my post #42, I'm afraid. I'd like to close this out, but @mcginty bailed, and everyone else who's expressed "an interest in helping out" seems to be a one-post wonder. I simply don't have the low-level USB...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    Incremental is always good... The print and delay only kick in if SD card initialisation fails. I've sometimes found it doesn't work first time, and altered the canonical code you find in the WavFilePlayer example and elsewhere so it tries...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    A few suggestions, apart from Paul's excellent one of trying the known-good WavFilePlayer example... you still have references to sgtl5000 in your code - remove those you're not allocating much AudioMemory() - try 20 blocks or so rather than 8...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    Thank you very much!
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    ...or as Paul said in post #3, instead of (a), wire the I²C to a different port and get down and dirty with the Audio library to enable use of Wire1 as well as Wire - not recommended for those who are "not really strong with this"!
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    You can't use a Rev D2 for both audio boards, you need at least one Rev D, Typically you'd use the D2 unmodified and the D as the second one, modifying it by (a) changing its I²C address and (b) re-wiring its data pins: pin 7 to OUT1B and pin 8...
  • h4yn0nnym0u5e
    We NEED pictures! That sounds awesome…
Back