Recent content by hsiboy

1. H

E1.31 sACN Ethernet DMX Performance help - 6 Universe Limit improvements?

Just a very quick update. I can get 16 universes (+2700 LEDs) of Art-Net out of 4 output pins, so that each output supports 4 universes and i think it can do twice that! e.g Output A - Universe 0,1,2,3 Output B - Universe 4,5,6,7 Output C - Universe 8,9,10,11 Output D - Universe 12,13,14,15...
  2. H

OctoWS2811 performance issues

+1 for this ^^^
  3. H

I want to give PJRC my money, not faceless corporations!

This is directed at PJRC/Robin and the shipping method they currently use (USPS) for orders made through the PJRC online store. I've just just been stung again, by our local post office here in the UK. The rules in the UK state that if you import anything over £15 (15 GBP) then you have to pay...
  4. H

How to add Teensy board to VS Code with Arduino plugin?

It is yes, and i looked through the repo, and here's what i found (in case anyone else looks this up). Microsoft Visual Code, with the arduino extension, has a fully featured board manager, the same as the Arduino IDE. So you might think it trivial to add the Teensy. No. PJRC created the...
  5. H

How to add Teensy board to VS Code with Arduino plugin?

I've switched to Microsoft's VSCode as my IDE of choice for my day job (it runs on Windows, it runs on Linux, it handles Node and Docker and integrated Git, perfect), so i've just started using it for Arduino with the Microsoft Arduino plugin, and it all works well, with all the features you...
  6. H

Yeah, i saw that, and that's what got me onto the additional buffer that FastLED brings to the table. FastLED writes to the additional buffer, to allow the Teensy to do its DMA magic unhindered, hence the speed increase. I guess, looking at those figures, the first thing that jumps out at me is...
  7. H

I've taken a first pass at your Gist in terms of cleaning it a little, just making it a little more readable, and adding a #define for DEBUG. Its available here https://gist.github.com/hsiboy/e25184e42c5b34dd2a61c6b12c2884a6 Once i'm happy with it, i will fork it and strip it back to a native...
  8. H

i just stumbled across an issue on FastLED's github, where if NUM_LEDS_PER_STRIP is 864 or less, it works. if 865 or greater it crashes, because its using 60k for LED buffers. However 864 LEDs with 8 strips, is a fair amount of LEDs. I'll knocked up a native Octo2811 version and have a play...
  9. H

@crees - i note that you are using FastLED rather than the native OctoWS2811 driver. Was that a conscious decision? I ask, because the inclusion of FastLED incurs the cost of an additional Buffer, which means you then have three buffers or 3 * (3 * NUM_LEDS) bytes for LED array storage. The...
Back