K
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread weird weird weird.
      Suggest looking at where config.enableFills is defined, then look at whatever is defined/allocated right above it in the definition. With unexpected values like 4 & 5, one strong possibility is that whatever is right above config.enableFills in...
    • K
      My particular <HiLeto MPU6050> did not seem to be able to get the calibration of all six of the values to converge at the same time, so I modified the test program to allow the calibration status of each to be independently tracked for...
    • K
      @jean: Can you please post your final sketch . . . I'd like to see what my hardware test setup does with your mods. Thanks, Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      @jean: Just to be sure that I'm correctly interpreting what you are saying, your T4.0 LOCK, when running the I2C scanner sketch, does detect the MPU6050 successfully ?? I entered the sketch that you provided in post #1 (I did change the...
    • K
      @fan_2021: Take a look at <this> post. Note that you will need at least one original Rev D audio shield to go along with your Rev D2 in order to do quad audio. Hope that helps . . . Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      Are you sure that you are using the version of TeensyThreads installed by TD (1.59 - using the latest ??) ?? Mark J Culross KD5RXT P.S. I don't use PlatformIO for building, so as a comparison, I tested the compilation using the Arduino IDE...
    • K
      Have you tried the I2C scanner on the T4.0 LOCK to see if your MPU6050 is properly detected ?? Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      Doh, sorry. I skipped right over the fact that volume() affects only the headphones. You are 100% correct. So, my next suggestion (hopefully, after a little more thought than the last time) would be to possibly include something like a mixer...
    • K
      Not sure where you may be getting that outdated version of teensy_loader_cli, but the latest (2.3) is available from <here> . . . Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      Think of the function that you are currently calling as a "gain" setting (determines the maximum possible output). Actual volume should be controlled with the sgtl5000_1.volume() function (see screen capture), which takes a parameter ranging...
      • 1717710134787.png
    • K
      I have successfully used the <Ultrasonic Distance Sensor - 3V or 5V - HC-SR04 compatible 0- RCWL-1601> device from Adafruit with the Teensy 4.0. I built a water-level monitor for a friend that allows him to get a measurement of how many gallons...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Under-heel kick drum pedal.
      @danlaut: Take a look at the "SamplePlayer" example sketch, which can be accessed from the Arduino IDE (make sure that you have the T3.6 selected as the Board type under Tools) by clicking on File > Examples > Audio > SamplePlayer. That should...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Teensy 4.1.
      You haven't indicated how you intend to interface the W25X40 to your T41 (external SPI socket/adapter, etc. ??), but maybe the "SPIFlash_ReadWrite" example sketch which is available from the Arduino IDE might have some helpful info . . . Mark J...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Teensy4.1 USB Audio.
      Specifically with regard to the compilation error: did you select "Audio" or "Serial + MIDI + Audio" or "Serial + MIDIx16 + Audio" for the "USB Type" in the Ardiuno IDE "Tools" pulldown menu ?? As for what to put in the main loop, the answer to...
    • K
      Instead of a PCI interface card, could you use a USB device ?? I use the <TIAO USB MULTI-PROTOCOL ADAPTER> for any of my JTAG needs. In addition to its JTAG interface, it also supports SPI, I2C, & SERIAL. Maybe that would work for you . . ...
    • K
      If your METCAL is like the one we used to use in our development lab (when I was working . . . now retired), the soldering temperature was determined by the specific tip that was plugged in (IIRC, there were 600 degrees F tips & 700 degrees F...
    • K
      Please post your entire sketch. Important details (what libraries are included, what is in your setup() function, etc.) are missing. Without these other details, any guesses would just be just that: a wild guess !! If you can't post your...
    • K
      If you are driving your circuitry with one of the Teensy pins as an OUTPUT, maybe using OUTPUT_OPENDRAIN as indicated in <this> thread might help . . . Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      One minor observation: a DC object simply puts out a fixed DC voltage. This fixed DC voltage can be changed by calling the amplitude() function on the object. The DC output voltage can also ramp from one fixed DC level to another fixed DC level...
    • K
      Helping to troubleshoot will be much more possible & predictable if you post your entire sketch. The snippet that you have posted leaves out too many details (e.g. how much audio memory did you allocate ??). Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      @readysteadi: Simply follow the instructions given in post #8 above, and you will successfully resolve your problem. You need to delete the specific folder indicated in those instructions. Your attempt to compile is currently making use of a...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN.
      Arduino IDE version 1.8.9 is quite old. Have you given any consideration to updating to the latest Arduino IDE version 1.8.19 ?? Also, are you using the latest TD version 1.59 ?? Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      Also, just to be complete, which version of TeensyDuino are you using ?? If you're not already using TD1.59, it probably wouldn't hurt to update to the latest, just to be sure. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      @Paolo157: I have no scientific reason to suggest the following . . . just a hunch . . . maybe the keyboard [manufacturer/model ??] is registering/acting as more than a single MIDI device . . . this has been reported behavior of some keyboards in...
    • K
      @Paolo157: As an additional test point, I connected my SABRENT 4-port USB 3.0 Hub (HB-UMP3) to the USBhost port on my T4.1, with my MIDIplus AKM322 mini USB MIDI keyboard connected thru the hub. As Paul reported (and I am likewise running your...
    • K
      OK, well shucks, did you also try these (in case the device doesn't like CR/LF together . . . hoping that one of them provides the missing magic): byte rCmd[] = {255, 3, 1, 13}; - OR - byte rCmd[] = {255, 3, 1, 10}; then using...
    • K
      I believe that, without the "-n" command line option included, the "echo" command in linux will terminate the data to be sent with either CR, or LF, and possibly CR/LF. You might try adding additional characters to your rCmd array & inserting...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Registering as a USB Device.
      You've come to the right place !! This forum is specifically for the Teensy family of products. From the Arduino IDE, you can select for your Teensy to act as a variety of devices (see the screen capture below). From your initial description...
      • 1714843397051.png
    • K
      In several of my most recent projects (including the Teensy RV Leveling Helper), I am using NRF24L01 modules to allow intercommunication between multiple units. I have had very good luck (further defined as: good quality, readily available...
    • K
      It is almost impossible to provide any kind of guidance or advice without seeing both, how you have your components wired up (pictures that clearly allow wired connections to be traced are best), and the code that you are testing with (paste into...
    • K
      There are some possible approaches discussed in <this> thread. Hope that helps . . . Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      A quick review reveals that the source includes many details that are specific to the AVR family of processors (the latest Teensy boards no longer use AVR processors). Unfortunately, this almost certainly means that there is much more to this...
    • K
      Maybe <this> link answers your questions ?? Hope that helps . . . Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      @ghijkmnop: The reference regarding the 3.3V restriction applies to the display data & clock signals ("Caution: Use only 3.3V signals with this display. CS, D/C, SDI, SCK, T_CLK, T_CS, T_DIN are NOT 5 volt tolerant.We recommend using this...
    • K
      @PaulStoffregen: As requested, here are the updated photos (in reduced resolution so that they can be uploaded here - original full-resolution photos are still available at the github photos link). Mark J Culross KD5RXT
      • TRLH - display after leveling - lo-res.jpg
      • TRLH - display before leveling - lo-res.jpg
      • TRLH - on the job - lo-res.jpg
    • K
      @wearyhacker: Have you tried making use of the crash report capability is your setup() function (note that the while (!Serial); line will wait forever if nothing is connected to the serial console, so comment that line out and/or remove it after...
    • K
      @Garug: Maybe try using QNEthernet (newer/better Ethernet stack, excellent examples available, actively maintained by @shawn who is on this forum) instead of NativeEthernet (older). See <this> thread for specific mention of the problem that you...
    • K
      I have no way to test these suggestions, but at least the suggested changes below allows compilation without error . . . maybe this will help you to get started: Change the following in your sketch above: #include <FlexCAN.h> #include...
    • K
      Sorry, I am not familiar with the "ABS" effect/object that you are using. What is it, what is it supposed to do, & can you please post where you got the library/code for it ?? Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      Could you use full path references to your (appropriate for each selected target Arduino/processor) libraries ?? Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      I have not looked at your actual sketch, but something to consider/try would be to have your MIDI receiver (e.g. handleNoteOn) to just put the received notes into a circular buffer. Then (in your loop() function), have the function responsible...
    • K
      @Jeremy Smith: In that example sketch, at the beginning of the setup() function, there's the following code: #ifdef SHOW_KEYBOARD_DATA while (!Serial) ; // wait for Arduino Serial Monitor Serial.println("\n\nUSB Host Keyboard forward...
    • K
      @visionnocturne: In order to do any kind of troubleshooting and/or make any reasonable recommendations, we really need to see your entire sketch. Please post a complete sketch that exhibits the problem that you are attempting to solve & we can...
    • K
      Please post a complete sketch (every piece and every part - e.g. with the minimal snippets that you have posted, we do not have enough info to see what is going on in LeadSynth) so that someone else can reproduce the problem. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 serial USB crash.
      If you have a 2nd T4.1, can you create a sketch to send the same data from T4.1 #1 thru its host port to the USB port on T4.1 #2 to see if it's really the receiver that is hanging up ?? Based upon other problem posts in this forum, I'd lean...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Tennsy 4.0 and W25Q64.
      Wouldn't you want uint8_t instead of uint16_t ?? Otherwise, you're taking up a 16-bit storage location for each 8-bit value. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread T4 interrupt latency and etc.
      @DrM : Quoting from Paul's <post #7>, I would love to play/experiment with this. However, since only selected snippets of code have been posted/included, alas, my implementation would be, at best, a guess at accurately reproducing what you've...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread T4.1 deep freeze.
      Are you using the millis() function for calculated delays ?? Are you handling overflow (as indicated, after approximately 50 days) correctly ?? Hope that helps . . . Mark J Culross KD5RXT
      • 1710881330542.png
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back