K
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• K
      From the Arduino IDE (I use version 1.8.19), click on Tools > Teensy 4 Security. Clicking the "Fuse Write Sketch" loads a new IDE windows with the "FuseWrite" sketch. Building, loading, and running this sketch actually locks the T4. After the...
    • K
      How do you have your pushbuttons wired (using the information that you posted, one side of each switch should be connected to Pin 1, and the other side of each switch should be connected to GROUND) ?? With the sketch that you posted (BTW, it...
    • K
      I have not studied the picture of your wiring in detail, but as a general suggestion (based upon the comment on the github site that you referenced: in the "Electrical Elements" section of the "Top Level Design": "This means that good layout...
    • K
      - which example did you find ?? - can you post the sourcecode for the sketch that you are using ?? - can you post pictures of your hardware ?? - which Teensy version are you using ?? - which build environment are you using ?? - which OS are you...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Changing the volume pin.
      @SteveSFX: There is nothing to change in the audio library. In order to do what you are asking, everything can actually be simply controlled from your user sketch. See the Teensy Example (which can be accessed from the Arduino IDE) titled...
    • K
      @MarkT: Did you intend for the code to be as follows (appears to have a simple cut/paste duplication): void processButtons(){ btnLeft.update(); btnRight.update(); btnSelect.update(); if ((btnLeft.pressed()){ pIndex = mIndex...
    • K
      @Timothy Jones: You might find some useful suggestions in <this> thread. Please feel free to ask any other questions if/as needed. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      Just a follow-up on my earlier recommendation for using OshPark. I recently ordered three more copies of my TeensyMIDIPolySynth (TMPS). Following that order, I received an e-mail from OshPark indicating that the panel containing my boards had...
    • K
      Murphy (known in the US for the "If anything can go wrong, it will" sentiment) joined the party !! Before adding your wires back, can you see if the Teensy is recognized when plugged into your PC. If not, unplug it & try holding down the...
    • K
      Thanks for the pictures. Agreed on the very tiny pads !! Unfortunately, the hot glue appears to be causing too much blurring to be able to clearly see where the fault might be. Any chance that you have a heat gun that you could use to melt...
    • K
      If you post pictures of the unit that was damaged, maybe a cause could be determined, & potentially a solution identified. Others have caused similar problems in soldering, but were able to revive their damaged Teensy after removing solder...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Released.
      @PaulStoffregen: Should Print memory info on Arduino IDE 2.x.x normal color, not red be removed from the release notes . . . wasn't that put in, then backed out after the fact ?? Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Released.
      Downloaded & installed TD 1.59 into Arduino IDE 1.8.19 (download failed first time...Microsoft Win11pro strikes again...but succeeded 2nd time) & Arduino IDE 2.3.0 (download/install succeeded). Tested both with several of my current (quite...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Issues with USB hub IC.
      Can't tell for sure if this is what you are asking for, but <this> post describes how I have my TeensyMIDIPolySynth sketch setup to allow me to connect a USB hub to the USBhost interface on the T4.1. Hope this helps . . . Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #6.
      After some more analysis, this problem also seems to be the result of a "partial/incomplete" download on my Win11pro laptop. When I start the Arduino IDE 2.3.0, I see a pop-up status window indicating that the...
    • K
      Have you tried the T.4x factory reset (description can be found <here>) ?? Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      The following suggestion is certainly not the same as directly generating HDMI signals from the Teensy. However, acknowledging that some potential resolution may be lost, what about generating VGA signals (IIRC, already been done) & using one of...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Tennsy 4.0 and TFT 3.5 INCH.
      Do you have the BL (backlight...may also be labeled LED) pin tied to either 3.3VDC or 5VDC ?? Pictures of your hookups could be helpful for assisted troubleshooting. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      @wwatson: Thanks for your observations. It looks like my laptop is behaving differently. I don't have the CTRL-ALT-S shortcut defined as anything in Windows, so that keystroke combo is actually being processed by the Arduino IDE. In my case...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Tennsy 4.0 and TFT 3.5 INCH.
      Note that this report (pertinent line in RED above) does not agree with your most recent post: It appears like DC/RS & RESET are swapped. Hope that helps . . . Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      I don't know if this is anything to worry about at this late date, but Arduino IDE 2.3.0 (along with TD 0.59.6, running under Windows 11pro, but I don't think either of these are pertinent) reports a build failure when initiating CTRL-ALT-S (I'm...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Overflowing RAM.
      As a quick test, you could also try the "Smallest Code" optimization. This allows my TeensyMIDIPolySynth project to fit within the available RAM1 on the T4.0 that I am using as the audio processor. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      Looking at my post #45 above, you'll notice that I also got the "Unexpected EOF" on an attempted install of 1.58.1, which had certainly succeeded a number of times before. Additionally, two of the subsequent attempted installs of 0.59.6 failed...
    • K
      So, maybe their download mechanism is not really verifying the checksum ?? Or not handling an invalid checksum correctly ?? Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      OK, as another test, I downloaded multiple times, each with the following resulting properties: Install 0.59.6 over 1.58.1: Result: Unexpected EOF Install 0.59.6 over 1.58.1: Result: SUCCESS !! Install 1.58.1 over 0.59.6: Result: Unexpected...
      • 1707360063097.png
      • 1707360152564.png
      • 1707360493005.png
      • 1707360639690.png
      • 1707360734964.png
      • 1707360845507.png
    • K
      @PaulStoffregen: We are currently camping at Lake Kissimmee State Park in Florida, so internet is probably not quite at the usual level of service that we have at home. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      Paul: I can get the "Unexpected EOF" to happen quite regularly. Here's how it's happening for me: 0) Arduino IDE 2.3.0 on Windows 11pro, with TD 1.58.1 installed (also have separately installed Arduino IDE 1.8.19 + TD 1.59b6) 1) Open Boards...
      • 1707358571388.png
      • 1707358985573.png
      • 1707358591582.png
    • K
      @PaulStoffregen: OK, I have another data point in the saga of "Unexpected EOF" when installing TD 0.59.6 on a new Arduino IDE 2.x.x installation. As a recap, my earlier experiences were reported with a brand new installation of Windows 10pro on...
    • K
      @PaulStoffregen: OK, thanks. I forgot about the "will only look for key.pem in the 1.8.x sketchbook folder" aspect. I'm certain making that adjustment will make everything work as expected. I'm very much a creature of habit, so I'll probably...
    • K
      OK, I finally got back to this (time was otherwise consumed with rebuilding a PC for my neighbor, after he experienced a fatal Windows crash & his computer subsequently refused to boot . . . boy am I spoiled by my previous (work) experience with...
      • 1707226525168.png
      • 1707227733134.png
    • K
      Thanks !! Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      @PaulStoffregen: Thanks !! I don't really have much time invested in this so far (& I'm also retired, so I have plenty of time to spare !!), so I am open to experimentation, if it will help with the troubleshooting. I can try removing...
    • K
      I'm on a brand new WIN10pro installation + I'm trying IDE 2.2.1 for the very first time (glutton for punishment), so this is a brand new installation of that as well. I have added the https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/package_teensy_159b6_index.json...
    • K
      @Davidelvig: Based upon my experience with my TeensyMIDIPolySynth (which makes use of the T4.x + Teensy Audio Adapter), plugging an external device without a ground reference (battery-powered amplified speaker, etc.) into the headphone jack...
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Beta #5.
      @PaulStoffregen: Thanks for the explanation...makes complete sense. No change needed. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      kd5rxt-mark replied to the thread Memory Usage for T4.1.
      When asking for help, it is usually very beneficial to post your entire sketch to allow those attempting to help to be able to reproduce the problem being addressed. Without this, it is nearly impossible to provide anything of any value that is...
    • K
      Don't know what TFT and/or what touchscreen you might have, but rather than having to go down the "roll-your-own" path for the touch processing, you might consider adding a touchscreen overlay on your display which has a built-in controller (such...
    • K
      @yocode: Welcome to the world of Teensy. You're really going to enjoy the capabilities !! When using the Teensy Audio Adapter, the LINE IN & LINE OUT interfaces (in addition to the HEADPHONE) would be connected on the Audio Adapter (see the...
      • 1706584541118.jpeg
    • K
      The unofficial <Teensy WIKI> has some valuable info on <timers>. The PJRC website has some valuable information on the <libraries>. Here's an older <thread> on using interrupts to generate timing events. Maybe one of these will get you at...
    • K
      If there's any suspicion that you are not getting a full recompile of everything, a simple/quick way to force a full recompile is to change the Board type to something else, then change it right back to the desired setting (don't even need to...
    • K
      @mjs513: Fair question. Since I only had one T4.1 connected to IDE instance #1, there was only one COM port active, and each IDE showed its respective T4.x selected for the board type. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      I second the recommendation for OshPark. I have ordered a number of PCBs from them, and I have never had any problems that could be attributed to the manufacturing process. I've also used a few boards from JLCPCB (one that I created/originated...
    • K
      Please show your entire sketch. It is almost impossible to help you without seeing exactly what all is included in your sketch (for example, in your setup() function. Thanks, Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      @PaulStoffregen: Not sure if I am seeing the same "attempting to upload to the wrong board" as @defragster, but here's the simple case where I am observing a similar (mis)behavior: Conditions: Arduino IDE 1.8.19 + TD 1.59b5 I created a "Blink"...
      • 1706372771671.png
    • K
      OK, simple enough, but did you include the call to myusb.begin(); in your setup() function ?? You made the comment "I also don't see +5V on the USB host header; not sure if that's expected or not." in your earlier post, which is what my reply...
    • K
      Connect a powered USB hub to your USBhost interface to provide enough power for your power-hungry devices. Make sure the define at least one USBHub device in your sketch. Mark J Culross KD5RXT
    • K
      I would recommend that you take a look at the PowerBoost 500 Charger - Rechargeable 5V Lipo USB Boost @ 500mA+ from Adafruit, or if you need even more current capability, the PowerBoost 1000 Charger - Rechargeable 5V Lipo USB Boost @ 1A - 1000C...
    • K
      By connecting 5VDC level signals to pins that are not 5VDC tolerant as you have on your serial interface, you're almost certainly going to experience a failure of some sort sometime in the future. The exact nature of the failure probably cannot...
    • K
      If you take a look at the T4.1 schematic, you'll see that the 5VDC fed to the USBhost interface is switched under software control (when the call to myusb.begin(); is made, where the USBhost interface is defined as USBHost myusb;). Rather than...
      • 1706313551737.png
    • K
      Did you look at the USBHost_t36 examples ?? If you look at the USBHost_t36 / MIDI / Basic example (see the following screen capture on how to get there): From this, you'll see that you need to define your USBhost interface as follows (NOTE...
      • 1706312707170.png
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back