Recent content by lucian_dusk

1. lucian_dusk

SV Filter - Higher resonance / self oscillate?

thanks, hadn't thought of that. do you know why specifically it's 2^30? interested in where this range was calculated (2^27.7 to 2^30.5 in the teensy's SVF's case).
  2. lucian_dusk

SV Filter - Higher resonance / self oscillate?

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but today I've been looking into exactly this. Removing the state variable filter's Q limit of 5.0 and pinging the filter with a quick transient does result in long sinusoidal ringing --- the length of this tail can be adjusted pretty audibly between 5.0 and...
  3. lucian_dusk

TDM input/output interference (?) CS42448

Hi Neal, I read the CV separately on a different analog input PCB that sums a panel potentiometer and the incoming CV signal. 5 channels are read and multiplexed on this PCB, the output of which is being read by one of the Teensy's analog read pins. I've found this works well (this is an early...
  4. lucian_dusk

Sure! I'll finish up the build and get some documentation together.
  5. lucian_dusk

Thanks, Paul. I'm sure this has been accomplished by now, but this fix means I have a functional Teensy 4.1-based breakout board for eurorack modular synth levels --- multichannel audio I/O and CV input. If it's of interest to anyone, I will gladly upload the PCB and schematic to github. I owe a...
  6. lucian_dusk

Never mind --- after confirming it was a hardware issue, I replaced the CS42448 chip and it all works like a charm.
  7. lucian_dusk

Hello, I'm having a bizarre issue with a custom audio board running a CS42448 codec. After assembling the board, I got external audio on the TDM inputs running to USB audio just fine, then waveforms in the audio designer running to the TDM outputs as well. I'm trying to combine them now and...
  8. lucian_dusk

Quad channel output on Teensy 3.6

av500, this just completely saved my project --- I'd almost given up after several late nights of trying to debug the hardware. Paul --- you are a saint for including the link to this thread in the .cpp file! strangely enough, this issue has happened with every one of the three CS42448s I've...
  9. lucian_dusk

Can i modulate the delay time?

hi paul! apologies for delay (ha), i've had computer troubles and had to migrate machines. in regards to "clean" feedback, here's a sample from my implementation in maxmsp that i've been working to recreate: https://soundcloud.com/ro-web/tapedelay-clean-feedback/s-dJM5JA2CtJq when i said...
  10. lucian_dusk

oh, yes apologies! https://soundcloud.com/ro-web/delay10tap-feedback/s-teUMz6ldgry
  11. lucian_dusk

Hi Paul, Sure, here's an audio sample. https://soundcloud.com/ro-web/delay10tap-feedback The setup is the same as in the example you posted: AudioConnection patchCord1(i2s_in, 0, mixer1, 0); AudioConnection patchCord2(i2s_in, 1, mixer1, 1); AudioConnection patchCord3(mixer1, delay1)...
  12. lucian_dusk

One question for now --- do you know what causes the repeats in the feedback loop to continue to be pitch shifted? e.g. the delay feedback audio becomes far higher (or lower) in pitch than the delay object's initial output.
  13. lucian_dusk

Hi @houtson, This is spot-on-the-mark exactly what I had in mind. Many, many thanks for an excellent implementation! I noticed that, after adjusting the parameter, the pitch hops back to regular speed fairly rigidly, so I added the same lowpass / interpolator-feedback function from my program...
  14. lucian_dusk

Hi Paul, Fantastic! I've had a great time working with your code. I'd love to see what you've come up with when it comes to pitch modulation. Looking forward!
  15. lucian_dusk

Audio System Design Tool++ update

Fantastic work! Looking forward to playing with this!
Back