Recent content by MaltWhiskey

1. M

Yet another highly optimzed ILI9341 library: for T4/4.1 with diff updates and vsync !

The string is not the problem (i know it doesn’t crash tested extensively with much larger data before). But just to eliminate the “noise” i replaced the yield with just read write. So for sure the Serial Interrupt Must be interfering. I’m not writing anything over Serial1, just reading (empty...
  2. M

Yet another highly optimzed ILI9341 library: for T4/4.1 with diff updates and vsync !

I have an esp8266 connected to the teensy and i telnet into it. And if i paste over 400 characters the driver crashes. The teensy uses Serial1 to read/write to the esp. https://github.com/MaltWhiskey/Mega-Cube/blob/master/Software/LED%20Display/src/main.cpp void setup() { // Start with...
  3. M

Is it possible something in HardwareSerial is messing with the interrupts? The driver crashes when i send 400 characters over Serial1. It hangs in _waitUpdateAsyncComplete() indicating that somehow an interrupt is missed and _dma_state isn't set back to ILI9341_T4_DMA_IDLE. I put up an issue...
  4. M

How to view generated assembly?

Im using visual studio code to build my project, but some parts i just want to see what the compiler generated. There are “start debugging” options in the menu, but it doesn’t do anything. (Need to connect some way other than usb?) But i can do without debugging, i just want to view the assembly...
  5. M

[queued] TriantaduoWS2811, a 32-channel WS* library for Teensy 4.0 using FlexIO & DMA

You upload the board with assembly instructions. The components to use are in the assembly file. I used jlcpcb (in the assembly file are their components id’s) Some through hole / connectors you need to solder yourself. But the smd components will all be placed. I ordered 5 boards so i have 4...
  6. M

[posted] AudioToy - modular 8x8 channel Teensy 4.0 pro-grade audio mixer hardware

Can i have a look at your code somewhere? I’m interested in the communication part between teensy and esp.
  7. M

[queued] 16x16x16 led cube build video

Thanks for looking at the video :) Not sure if it is homepage blog material, since i hardly show off the teensy. If i didn’t have to wait for the leds to refresh i could run my animations @1350 fps so that show what a beast the teensy4 really is :cool:
  8. M

[queued] 16x16x16 led cube build video

I made a build video for my big 16x16x16 led cube (using adressable leds) the video is on youtube: https://youtu.be/ciaFar8nfHc This is nothing like the old tech rgb leds with multiplexing. Full power @ 1200 Watt and rendering/displaying frames arround 180fps….
  9. M

Make a game console from my led cube.

Well nobody able to shed some advice or point to a comparable project? I probably will start on this in about 6 months so in the meantime all advice is appreciated…
  10. M

Thanks :) Code and pcb is on github, but i don’t recommend soldering something this size :cool:
  11. M

I made this thing of beauty https://youtu.be/xidPiL3ZEh8 There is a teensy 4.0 running the show with a custom pcb that outputs to 32 channels to run all leds. On that pcb is also I2C to a touch screen (sd card, touch input and tft screen all separate I2C devices) the frame rate is about 179...
  12. M

Looking for LED driver with individual PWM for Teensy

You can still buy tlc5940 on AliExpress. They may be fake, but work still the same..
  13. M

How many LEDS can teensy4.1 Drive ?

I’m not sure if this will work. But with flexio + pll + dma i run 4096 leds & 178 fps. This uses 3 pins, 1 for data to external 32bit shifter. You can output to more than one bit, so you can try to output 8 bits. There are 3 flexio, but only 1 and 2 can use dma. So that maybe thats 16 bits...
  14. M

Display_ili9341

Just confirming sd card working by bridgeing r1,r2 and r3. I left vcc on 5v. Seems like those resistors are too high for the 3.3v signals from the teensy 4.0 i used.
  15. M

[queued] TriantaduoWS2811, a 32-channel WS* library for Teensy 4.0 using FlexIO & DMA

Good to hear it is working now! So you ended up using my Display class ? Or still on the original library? Anyway took some time to make it all a bit nicer, nice fade in and out, sparkling fireworks etc. Starting to look like a real work of art. Everything non blocking, so hopefully I can work...
Back