ninja2
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• ninja2
      ninja2 replied to the thread TeensyTimerTool.
      .. I assume you mean: write some low-level code?
    • ninja2
      The overview description of the GPT timer module in the I.MX RT1060 Reference Manual includes this: AFAIK the TTT doesn't support this, but is there a way to hook an attachInterrupt() pin sequence into TTT ? Or IntervalTimer ? Suggestions...
    • ninja2
      ninja2 reacted to luni's post in the thread TeensyTimerTool with Like Like.
      Great, I'll do some testing these days and generate a new release for the library manager afterwards.
    • ninja2
      Success. I downloaded your latest from GitHub, and the PIT now runs at expected frequency, without any compensation factor required. thank you :-)
    • ninja2
      That happens occassionally with IDE 2 even if \scr is not in use.
    • ninja2
      Sure, but how can I get hold of 1.4.3? Library Manager only offers 1.4.1 Same on GitHub AFAIK, although TBF I'm not that familiar with GitHub workings
    • ninja2
      ninja2 reacted to AndyA's post in the thread How do you organize large sketches? with Like Like.
      Mostly an extra level of organisation and structure. The arduino build system assumes all your code is either in the top level directory or the src sub directory. But within the src subdirectory you can have any structure you want. e.g. for one...
    • ninja2
      ninja2 replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 stalls?.
      A long shot but it may be caused by electromagnetic interference from the engine. Try shielding the teensy from the motor by surrounding it with tin foil with as few air gaps as possible (i.e. a faraday cage). Ideally connect the foil to ground...
    • ninja2
      ninja2 replied to the thread Teensy 3.6 board problem.
      Before you appled external power to VIN did you cut the join between VIN+VUSB (on the back of the teensy, near VIN pin) ? Did these boards work in the past? (BTW the link in your post is to the schematic for Teensy 4.1 not 3.6, although they...
      • SCHEMATIC Teensy 3.5 3.6.png
    • ninja2
      Thanks Joe, happy with that. I will definitely look into PWM / FlexPWM later. Meanwhile I believe I've stumbled on an inconsistency in the way the library handles the PIT timer. With USE_GPT_PIT_150MHz = false and the timer set up with...
      • t4_PIT_demo_500kHz_24_150.JPG
    • ninja2
      hi luni, I've spent quite some days/hours reading much of this thread and your excellent wiki, then fiddling with various timer sketches to get to grips with how it all fits together. I'm in awe at how comprehensive the library & documentation...
      • t4_GPT_demo 3MHz.jpg
      • t4_GPT_demo 4MHz.jpg
      • t4_GPT_demo 5MHz.jpg
      • t4_GPT_demo.b.output.JPG
    • ninja2
      I have been doing this for some time, but without the src sub directory. It requires some discipline / care with includes and externs, but I've found it much easier to maintain stuff, and results in a set of code "modules" (.cpp/.h pairs) that...
    • ninja2
      I'd nearly finished a large post yesterday and then I had to leave suddenly. I had to shutdown, so I saved the draft. But I can't find it today (on a different computer). Does the "save draft" option preserve over logins?
    • ninja2
      ... spilt beer = my greatest fear! What a relief :-) :-)
    • ninja2
      ninja2 replied to the thread Serial.begin() not needed???.
      Based on all your responses it seems none of you are experiencing the inconsistencies / symptoms I've explained in post #10, right? I ask because I'm surprised many others haven't experinced the same issues, given I'm just using the standard...
    • ninja2
      Interesting. I'm not keen to subscribe for AI, but I do refer to free Google Gemini and ChatGPT for C++ / Arduino code questions, either general or specific. They're not too bad, definitely useful. But not a whole sketch ...
    • ninja2
      you must have missed it, post #10 line 3 I would have thought it was clear I understand this from what I wrote. Of course the program button is not a reset. However I do think it's reasonable to think of the ON/OFF input as a reset function...
    • ninja2
      ninja2 reacted to CollinK's post in the thread Serial.begin() not needed??? with Like Like.
      For what it's worth, I use PlatformIO with a Teensy Micromod based project. I use Visual Studio Code. The serial monitor in this setup seems to do a pretty good job of automatically closing when the TeensyMM gets flashed then comes back...
    • ninja2
      ... ouch :-)
    • ninja2
      I've often resorted to open/close Serial monitor when things go awry. In an ideal world we shouldn't have too .... :) ... you're making it harder to ignore. PS: are PlatformIO and TyCommander similar?
    • ninja2
      ninja2 reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Looks like this post above was 18,000 for @defragster !!!! - this 18,001
    • ninja2
      This is an interesting possibility, although I'm using the standard IDE 2.3.2 + WIN10 .... wouldn't others see same issues? If it is, how to test/fix? Some of my USB cables are 2m long, but I doubt that has any effect. I'm still holding fire on...
    • ninja2
      This is not a show-stopper, I'm only trying to work out if I'm using Serial and the buttons (Program/ON-OFF) correctly, and ideally not have to push the On/OFF button and wait 4 - 6 seconds every time I upload. The sequences below might clarify...
    • ninja2
      ... so there's no way to avoid the 4 sec On/Off reset to kick Serial off again?
    • ninja2
      ninja2 reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread Serial.begin() not needed??? with Like Like.
      Native USB serial doesn't use the baud rate. Documentation here: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_serial.html It's always been this way (for Teensy and Arduino's native USB boards like Leonardo and MKR1000). In the new IDE, at some point...
    • ninja2
      ninja2 reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread Serial.begin() not needed??? with Like Like.
      The speed is either 12 or 480 Mbit/sec, minus USB protocol overhead and USB bandwidth used by other USB devices. Flow control also really matters. Conceptually it is similar to traditional serial RTS/CTS flow control but built into the USB...
    • ninja2
      Possibly a related issue: If I have a T4.1 connected by USB and sending occasional message on Serial, then upload a revised sketch, the Serial line almost always goes silent (but not always) and I have to hit the on/off for > 4 secs to force a...
    • ninja2
      OK so Serial.begin () is unnecessary for teensy, thanks. Curious: what is that "fixed speed" ? From experience the While (!Serial) command is still needed in some cases, including teensy
    • ninja2
      ninja2 reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Serial.begin() not needed??? with Like Like.
      For most Arduino-style boards, "Serial" is a UART connected to a USB conversion chip. With the Teensy there's no UART and the USB controller is built into the microprocessor - there's no variable baudrate because USB runs at a fixed speed and the...
    • ninja2
      This little sketch works normally even though I've commented the first two lines in setup. In other words Serial.begin() seems pointless ? #include "Streaming.h" #include "TeensyTimerTool.h" using namespace TeensyTimerTool; PeriodicTimer t1...
    • ninja2
      Perfect ... thank you sir.
    • ninja2
      You asked for it! I've attached a zip file with the tracklogger6 sketch. This a few revisions back and uses the Sparkfun UBlox GNSS library. I started programming embedded systems about 50 years ago and have avoided using dynamic variables...
    • ninja2
      Sparkfun ship the ZED-F9P with the ANN-MB-00 GNSS multiband antenna but u-blox also sell the ANN-MB1-00 antenna with extra coverage of the L5 band (but no L2) for same price. According to Google Gemini (I hear you groaning :cool: ) the MB1...
    • ninja2
      @mborgerson I'm just getting started with my ZED-F9P with plans to add a ZED-F9R later. Your impressve data logger is close to where I'm aiming. Any chance you can share your (whole) sketch? :) TIA
    • ninja2
      ninja2 replied to the thread Serial Interrupts.
      Yes, the whole Neo series was about squeezing into the (miniscule) UNO R1 - R3 world. Thanks for the link
    • ninja2
      For many years I've used the NeoHWSerial library by SlashDevin : "The NeoHWSerial class is a drop-in replacement for the Arduino built-in class HardwareSerial. It adds the capability to handle received characters with a user-defined function...
    • ninja2
      I've settled on this combination which should cover all bases, and save heaps of wiring hassles: Micromod Main board (double) Micromod Teensy processor board Micromod ZED-F9P GNSS Function Board Micromod ESP32 WiFi/Bluetooth Function Board and...
    • ninja2
      Well might be easier than you thought. Classic bluetooth is supported via USBhost or you can just attach as classic BT module like the HC-06 to one of the Serials on a T4.1. If you want to use BLE then thats another story. You can take a look...
    • ninja2
      The other chip on the board next to the IMXRT is PJRC's T4.x "bootloader" (which isn't strictly a bootloader at all). It's only available from PJRC so they do earn something from the micromods.
    • ninja2
      After further reading, and experimenting with my new NTRIP provider account / service, I've realised I can probably do without separate mobile internet hardware, instead just run the NTRIP client on my phone which has internet via 4G (still...
    • ninja2
      ninja2 replied to the thread Arduino IDE 2.3.2?.
      I've been using 2.3.2 for months with teensyduino and it's fine. There are a fews issues but I just ask on the Arduino forum when they arise
    • ninja2
      OK, I've found a good mobile internet solution. Now I'm looking at the Sparkfun GPS-RTK-Kit (with u-blox's ZED-F9P) and pondering the details for setting up RTCM over NTRIP. According to Google Gemini (yes, it's AI :)) NTRIP uses a client-server...
    • ninja2
      Have you solved the problem? For future reference have a look at the Power-Up sequence diagram at https://www.pjrc.com/store/ic_mkl02_t4.html and click on the row of buttons (OFF,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,On) above and below the diagram.
    • ninja2
      ninja2 replied to the thread Troubleshooting "dead" Teensy 4.1.
      Welcome to the Teensy world :-)
    • ninja2
      Interesting. I seems the IDE devel. team has been stuck on 2.3.2 for ages and, as we all know, it has a few annoying behaviours (=euphemism) Can TyQT or TYcommander completely substitute for the IDE?
    • ninja2
      eggselent, thank you Michael ... (again)
    • ninja2
      The following are defined for each different Teensy: Teensy define Machine Define Teensy ARDUINO_TEENSY30 __MK20DX128__ Teensy 3.0 ARDUINO_TEENSY32 __MK20DX256__ Teensy 3.1 or Teensy 3.2 ARDUINO_TEENSY35 __MK64FX512__ Teensy 3.5...
    • ninja2
      ninja2 replied to the thread Troubleshooting "dead" Teensy 4.1.
      That javascript power-up sequence is impressive, and so easy to follow, excellent!
    • ninja2
      ninja2 reacted to PaulStoffregen's post in the thread Troubleshooting "dead" Teensy 4.1 with Like Like.
      First read the "Power Up Sequence" info on this page: https://www.pjrc.com/store/ic_mkl02_t4.html Hopefully the little javascript buttons can help by visualizing the power up steps for you on the schematic. If the sequence is getting to step...
    • ninja2
      Thanks all for the good info. @defragster I recall using TyQT when I was first got into teensy back in 2016. If my (suspect) memory serves me right, it was essential back then whereas now it seems more optional ? This thread is an example where...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back