PaulS
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread AUDIO BOARD.
      You may want to have close look at this page where all the information about the audio adapter is available [schematic, wiring, mounting, reference to the Audio library, etc]. The audio adapter can be used for both the Teensy 4.0 and the Teensy...
    • PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread Teensy 4.1FreqMeasureMulti Library.
      You don't need to use a levelshifter since the output stage of the encoder you referenced above has "NPN open collector output circuit". See this thread for more info. So just power it by 5V. But do I correctly understand that you want to drive a...
      • 1719257612645.jpeg
    • PaulS
      PaulS reacted to submo's post in the thread Shorting 4.1 in midi interface with Like Like.
      Woah! Woah! Slow down there. You're shorting Ground to 5v!!! Remember that the numbered rows on a breadboard are electrically connected. No wonder your Mac ain't liking it. Remove that ground wire next to the cap, and just put the capacitor...
    • PaulS
      I first tried to use the IntervalTimer but it does not seem to play nicely with the Encoder libary? Hence my use of the elapsedMicros function. Paul
    • PaulS
      Using the Encoder library has never failed me. Did you include INPUT_PULLUP to the inputs? Here is a little setup and piece of code that reads the number of encoder clicks every 1 msec and prints them out. Direction of the encoder is shown by...
      • IMG_20240623_073101.jpg
      • 1719121358713.png
    • PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread Shorting 4.1 in midi interface.
      I hope you do have a multimeter. If so, what does it read at the orange line when the error ocuurs? Is your 0.1uF capacitor indeed a capacitor? What does "it winds up shutting down" exactly mean? Teensy runs fine but when you connect the...
    • PaulS
      From your description of 4 wires I assume that you have one those 600 or 800 ppr encoders, like this one below? And you want to measure how many pulses per second? I was about to advice the Encoder library as well. It's not that much effort to...
      • 1719078161074.png
    • PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread Teensy 4.0 C29 and L3 components?.
      C29 is a 10uF decoupling capacitor that could be omitted for getting the Teensy to work again. L3 is a filtering coil. You could "replace" that part by shorting the 2 corresponding PCB pads. Paul
    • PaulS
      What kind of encoders are you experimenting with? I'm trying to get a picture of what your application is and what you want to achieve. Paul
    • PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread sketch self-delete in runtime.
      When your Teensy is locked, your sketch is encrypted in the flash memory. Why would you bother overwriting when tampered with? Paul
    • PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread Connect Mulitplexer and Teensy 4.0.
      You're welcome. Feel free to share your schematic (preferably in PDF format) and code for review when you come to that point. There is also a ready-to-go library for the ADG731: here. Paul
    • PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread tone() question...
      Tone() uses a timer interrupt. Teensy 3.2 has 3 available timers (FTM0,1,2). More info here and here. Paul
    • PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread Connect Mulitplexer and Teensy 4.0.
      A lot of information can be found at https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy40.html. The ADG731 multiplexer information can be found here. It is controlled by SPI. More info on SPI and Teensy can be found here. Teensy 4.0 Eagle library here. Paul
    • PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread Midi interface + Control Surface?.
      Probably 'midi' is used already in the Teensy MIDI library, so instantiating like this USBMIDI_Interface midi_usb; gets rid of the compilation error. Also got rid of the CCButton 'brace-enclosed initializer list' error by changing Channel_1 to...
    • PaulS
      To rule out a possible WAV file issue; did you try one of these files here? Which numbers are fluctuating? AudioProcessorUsage, AudioProcessorUsageMax, AudioMemoryUsage or AudioMemoryUsageMax? Did you try to increase AudioMemory (20);? Paul
    • PaulS
      No, not really. 24 LEDs, each consuming ~60mA when outputting white light, adds up to nearly 1.5 amps. That's too much for the Vin pin (even if the USB host could supply it). A separate 5V power supply is the way to go. Paul PS. why is R1...
    • PaulS
      It's unnecessary to design for that high frequency/high RPM because your stepper motor will not be able to run that fast. From my experience a NEMA17 stepper will do 10-15 revs per second at best [5000 RPM is ~ 83 RPS]. By the way, you may want...
    • PaulS
      OK. How many encoder clicks do you expect per second? Will the encoder be rotated by a human or machine/motor driven? Just thinking out load here: can we read out out the encoder every 10 or 100 milliseconds, and then record the number of clicks...
    • PaulS
      You may wish to clarify what you exactly mean by "encoder speed". Is it encoder-ticks-per-second or full revolutions per minute (RPM) or the time between clicks or...? What type of encoder are you using? And what will you be using to playback the...
    • PaulS
      Like Joe said, no catch. When you install Teensyduino in addition to the Arduino IDE, you will see that the NativeEthernet library is also installed. It comes with a lot of examples as well to get you started. Here you see the WebServer example...
      • 1717613714117.png
    • PaulS
      PaulS reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread I'd like to file a complaint /s with Like Like.
      On double-checking it's a class printf method that forwards to ::printf(). And yes for the love of god, can we turn off the obnoxious auto smiley crap that the forum software inserts. It's a plague that haunts every forum dealing with c++...
    • PaulS
      For measuring 150 MHz with a higher bandwidth scope, short ground wire is essential. Here is the wire I used for the measurement. If you use the ordinary ground wire clip, the measurement will be highly distorted and may not show the high...
    • PaulS
      For commercially available ground clips, search for CT3668 Cal Test. I use them for several years now and are still "springy". The pin also fits nicely in a breadboard. Paul
      • 1717594662548.png
    • PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread Stepper skips steps sometimes.
      If it's working than it is a lucky shot because, as you stated, the device requires 5 V. If you look at the datasheet, figure 9: you see that you require 5V to make the optocoupler work reliably. According to the datasheet, the minimum Logic...
      • 1717591335229.png
    • PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread 64 bit Flotingpoint.
      I didn't see a Teensy 4 reference? To me this was a generic question and as such googling or using some AI is usually a good starting point. Paul
    • PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread 64 bit Flotingpoint.
      I copied your exact message into the phind.com prompt and it returned this: link. You probably can take it from there. Paul
    • PaulS
      They also have PCI-express boards: Paul
      • 1717275938841.png
    • PaulS
      PaulS replied to the thread MIDI Library.
      Just change line #1 and #3 like this: #include <MIDI.h> // Create and bind the MIDI interface to the default hardware Serial port MIDI_CREATE_INSTANCE(HardwareSerial, Serial1, MIDI); // Define variables to assign Hall effect sensor...
    • PaulS
      The (input) pins of a Teensy 4.1 are 3V3 only, see this overview. Paul
      • 1717236717750.png
    • PaulS
      With Teensyduino 1.59, setting the pinmode correctly is basically now built into analogRead() to avoid the old issue.
    • PaulS
      Thanks, I wasn't sure that it was already implemeted. Paul
    • PaulS
      Checked on a Teensy 4.1 here. With AudioOutputI2S AudioOutPort; uncommented, it shows some noise. With pins 22 & 38 connected to Teensy GND and to Teensy 3V3: With AudioOutputI2S AudioOutPort; commented out, no noise is present...
      • 1716656332757.png
      • 1716656472954.png
      • 1716656748756.png
      • 1716656838828.png
    • PaulS
      Did you check continuity between the right-hand sides of the resistors? You can also run a wire between Teensy GND and pins 22 & 38 directly [unlikely, but you could have a broken resistor]. Paul
    • PaulS
      Perhaps this board? EDIT: no, not usable, it's using USB over the Mini-PCIe bus. Or this board? Paul
      • 1716389949326.png
      • 1716390082368.png
    • PaulS
      If you want forum members to help you, you do need to post your complete code, including which SSD1306 library you used. Also mention which Teensy, which version Arduino IDE, which exact display, etc. Paul
    • PaulS
      PaulS reacted to Thundercat's post in the thread New Teensy 4.0 Suddenly Not Recognized with Like Like.
      I'm using a heavy duty step up/down transformer...it does 230-115 and vice versa, although right now in the photo the wall wart is covering the 115V plugs, which are hidden below it. I'm an American but I live in the UK :)
    • PaulS
      MusioTech is located in the UK, isn't it? Mains voltage in the UK is 230Vac. But I see 115V on the Metcal? Paul
      • 1716143669169.png
    • PaulS
      That's interesting: that solder has 3.3% rosin flux. So it should flow nicely. Is the temperature of your Metcal station set high enough? Paul
    • PaulS
      I'm trying to find the datasheet for that Kester solder but there are many variants. Kester partnumbers look like 24–6337-0010. What is the exact part# you are using? Just to be sure that I understand you fully: you apply a separate NC flux...
    • PaulS
      You could try the SdCardTest example, to be found here: File > Examples > Audio > HardwareTesting > SD_Card > SdCardTest. Paul
    • PaulS
      Hi Mike, glad to hear that things are looking better. I hope the amount of field returns does not increase. About the solder you are using: I wonder if I can talk you into trying a low flux content solder? You stated a few messages back that you...
    • PaulS
      At this TRS socket, 5 is the tip, 2 is the ring and 1 is the sleeve. For reference the TRS plug: Paul
      • 1716123294614.png
      • 1716123344903.png
    • PaulS
      // DEFINES // Define pins used by Teensy Audio Shield #define SDCARD_CS_PIN 10 #define SDCARD_MOSI_PIN 7 #define SDCARD_SCK_PIN 14 These defines are for the Rev C audio adapter. For the Rev D board that you have, these should be: // DEFINES...
      • 1716103987059.png
    • PaulS
      I'm a bit puzzled about what "Arduino IDE" --clean is actually doing. When I start Arduino 2.3.2, open the example "Blink" sketch for Teensy 4.0 and compile it by clicking the 'Verify' button, I see all files being generated from scratch (no...
    • PaulS
      Thanks for your tips. USBDeview turned out to be a useful tool on several occasions. I think that should be C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Programs\Arduino IDE\ [at least, that's where I found it running Windows 11] Paul
    • PaulS
      This is less of a question and more of a comment in case someone else finds it helpful.. But if like me you've modified the usb_desc.h file to change the name of a device or you've changed something in the usb.desc.c file, but Windows isn't...
    • PaulS
      You may want to have a look at the FreqMeasure library included in Teensyduino. Paul
    • PaulS
      The timestamps show you are sampling roughly every 1000us which equals to 1ms. The 10kHz generator signal has a period of 100us. Nyquist tells you to sample at least twice as fast as the highest to-be-measured signal frequency, so the sample...
    • PaulS
      @phjanderson : do you have this board? You are probably not using the SCK pin, if so you do need to GND it, see this thread from message #37 onwards. See the SCK pin grounded on this yellow PCM5102A board: By the way: we are talking about the...
      • 1715627748739.png
      • 1715628260881.png
    • PaulS
      You need the WayBackMachine for that: https://web.archive.org/web/20100817235724/https://www.hardwarebook.info/S/PDIF_output Paul
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back