Recent content by PhilB

1. P

Going from Teensy to "Real Product"?

I wasn't suggesting people here move to the RP2040 but rather hoping that a similar "drag and drop" programming capability be added to the teensy tool kit. It was a very large reason for me adding an RP2040 product to my mix. My customers are not terribly techno savvy so anything that...
  2. P

Going from Teensy to "Real Product"?

One of the super nice things about the RP2040 environment is the utter simplicity of programming. Basically, you prevent it from reading the program on startup (via the bootsel line) and it runs the built-in code that acts like a USB storage device. You copy the firmware file onto the drive...
  3. P

Teensy 4.1 CNC controller progress - 1000 units shipped!

About 3 years ago I started designing a CNC controller board based on the Teensy 4.0. It worked really well but needed a few more pins so I moved up to the T4.1 and added in ethernet. I posted about it here in Oct 2021. Here's the Tindie page. There was a market for the board and 1.5 years...
  4. P

Ethernet Recommendation (J1B1211CCD Out of Stock)

I use that MagJack in my grblHAL board. Actual circuit below. Works really well. There are quite a few boards in use with the MagJack installed. For what it is worth, I have tested the T4.1 with about 10 different MagJacks and they all work pretty well. Also, if you are looking for volume...
  5. P

grblHAL on a Teensy 4.1

The source zip file can't be in the Arduino directory tree. Move it outside the tree and try again. The error message ranks up as close to the all time worst ever. That it has not been fixed is a mystery to me.
  6. P

Teensy 4.1 out of stock

I looked at a number of distis (mouser, digi, adafruit) and they were out. Missed SF. How do you see the stock number of SF?
  7. P

Teensy 4.1 out of stock

I searched but didn't see this discussed on the forum. The T4.1 is out of stock, is there an expected date when there will be more? I am seeing a lot of orders for my T4.1 based grblHAL breakout board and the customers are asking me where they can get the T4.1. I know there are other suppliers...
  8. P

grblHAL on a Teensy 4.1

It is possible if you are willing to modify the grblHAL software. UART1 is available and fairly easy to use. I suggest you ask that question on the github discussion page for grblHAL However, if you just want confirmation that the GCode block (aka line) was consumed by the motion controller...
  9. P

Eagle library with Teensy 4.0 (test)

Here you go. It has other teensy's in it. I moved on to KiCAD a couple of years ago and haven't looked at them in years so can't vouch for their quality. I do use the T4.1 device in several designs that have shipped (and in one that is still shipping).
  10. P

T4.1 ETH+USB combo breakout testing

Sorry. I have not had any problems. Are you up on the latest teensyduino libraries?
  11. P

grblHAL on a Teensy 4.1

The T4.1 port of grblHAL uses this library - https://github.com/ddrown/teensy41_ethernet
  12. P

grblHAL on a Teensy 4.1

What does the build output say about the library? That may contain some clues. When you installed it, did you use "install from zip file?" for the networking libraries? If that is the case, then you need to make sure the zip file is not in the Arduino directory structure when you do that.
  13. P

Intel NUC and USB?

I am seeing a problem working with a Teensy 4.1 on an Intel NUC running a recent version of Win 10. Basically, I cannot connect to a T41 that was already programmed with an application that talks serial USB. Further when I try to program the T41 from the NUC (using teensy.exe and a .hex file...
  14. P

Freezing Problem.

Updated to 1.54 (thanks for all that hard work guys!) and the problem seems to be resolved.
  15. P

Freezing Problem.

Actually, I changed startup.c based on Frank's posting and that resolved the problem. So, I surmise it is the same problem as in the long thread. I could go looking but maybe someone knows off the top of their head if this change to startup.c is included in 1.54 beta?
Back