S
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• S
      Thanks, I misunderstood what the data type meant. I made a bad assumption it was referring to base (I guess because Hex is base 16?). Just my ignorance showing as I continue to learn. I see now it breaks down as: u = unsigned int = integer 16 =...
      • 1711281275708.png
    • S
      So it looks like my issue is in trying to fill the matrix in a function, rather than setting the values within the declaration directly. If I add this in the beginning of the code, outside of any functions, then it compiles. byte...
    • S
      Thanks, makes sense ... so declare the array with sizes 13 and 8, but would I address it with 0 - 12 and 0 - 7? For the data type, Hex is base 16, so I thought I would be using uint16_t. But now that I think about it more, maybe I just need to...
    • S
      Thanks again guys, I appreciate the input. After adding the heatsink and also compiling at 150 Mhz, the Teensy is now staying cool and is barely warmer than ambient to the touch even after sitting for a long period of time in the closed...
    • S
      Unfortunately the harness for the module I'm interfacing doesn't have a switched or ignition sense wire
      • 1710951065241.png
    • S
      Great point, thanks. I could probably find a switched power source, but was hoping to keep the power tied to the module I am controlling (ie: The integrated center stack). I did reduce to 150 Mhz, and it definitely reduced the heat. It's not...
      • 1710950873784.jpeg
      • 1710950897312.jpeg
    • S
      No, it'll just work.
    • S
      Perfect, thanks. So just choose the desired CPU speed in Arduino IDE and it'll compile to suit. No need to do anything in the code?
      • 1710866382038.png
    • S
      Not that I know of ... what you suggest makes sense to me. The canbus does have a ton of traffic on it, so I just need to make sure the clock is high enough to be able to process frames fast enough to not drop anything. I do want to expand...
    • S
      Thanks guys, I appreciate the input. As I've been working on the Teensy setup in the car, I've noticed the large 1062 chip is warm (slightly hot?) to the touch even when coming out to the car after it's been sitting 'off' for hours. I'm in...
    • S
      So I've made a lot of progress on this project, and have it working fairly well now. One additional thing I'd like to do is have the Teensy go into a "sleep" mode, or a low power idle mode, when there is no traffic on the canbuses for a given...
    • S
      The 0x denotes hexadecimal notation, which is typically used for ID and Byte data. However, the decimal equivalent is equally valid. For example, ID=0x3EA is the same as if you wrote ID=1002. Therefore you can't simply drop the "0x" without...
    • S
      Makes perfect sense, thanks again. Good to know on the FIFO handling. I do have plans to add more complex functionality later on, after I get the baseline up and running. It's the reason I'm swapping out the Arduino Due running due_can for the...
      • 1709910251321.png
    • S
      Makes sense, thanks. Do you happen to know if I need the "0x" when specifying the ID and Byte values? I'm using 0x for manually specifying Byte values, but also in the "If" statements in the callbacks: void gotFrame0(const CAN_message_t...
    • S
      Thanks again, I appreciate the info. Do you know how I would go about sending a structured message from scratch? For example, if I wanted to send the message "48 4E 39 69 E7 25 AB FD" with ID 0x3EA to Can2 ... I'm trying to figure out how to...
    • S
      Perfect, thanks so much! This explains why I was getting the warnings/errors when trying the due_can approach with FlexCAN_T4. I've made the adjustments, and it now compiles without warnings or errors. Just one point .... Apparently you can't...
    • S
      The onReceive() function can't be used to separate messages by ID, as you are trying to do. It can only be attached to mailboxes or the FIFO. In setup(), attach your callback to the FIFO like this: Can0.enableFIFO()...
    • S
      I have an Arduino DUE right now, installed in my vehicle acting as "man in the middle" between the integrated center stack and the IHS canbus network. I'm using the due_can library to forward messages in both directions, but filtering out...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back