Recent content by swarfrat

1. S

Pin change interrupt - minimum duration?

I'm wanting to do some Piezo TDOA detection using a Teensy LC (if it matters). I'm planning up to about 5 piezos - 3 for TDOA and 2 others for external noise rejection. The 3 TDOA sensors are spaced 120 degrees around the perimiter of the detection zone (ie, all hits are inside). The 2 noise...
  2. S

Audio lib hanging

I hooked it up to pins AGND, 3.3V, and A9. Yes it's biased to 1/2 VCC but A9 reads that range anyway - it can't read negative. Raw reading shows bias reads 512 over time, as I'd expect it to. The Audio Librarie's AudioInputAnalog doc says "signal range is 0 to 1.2v" which looks about right for...
  3. S

Audio lib hanging

The source in the first post will do it - removing the analogread for clarity will result in the app running as expected, but never going below 10 once the mic clipped. #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> // GUItool: begin automatically generated code AudioInputAnalog adc1(A9)...
  4. S

Audio lib hanging

Thanks for clarifying that it makes sense - I was just trying to independently verify what was going on. AudioAnalyzePeak however still seems to get stuck with a non-clearing peak value of 10 in the example if the mic clips, which does not seem to happen if I do my own analogRead & peak...
  5. S

Audio lib hanging

I'm hesitant to say it's the audio library hanging, but on my Teensy 3.0, I have a couple problems with this simple program (below). I've got an Adafruit MAX4466 board wired up to pin 9, running off 3.3v. If I read raw analog values, I see more or less what I'd expect. But with the peak meter...
  6. S

fast peak detection

Doh. and thank you.
  7. S

fast peak detection

Ok, still getting poor sample rates (about 345 Hz on a 96 Mhz Teensy 3.0) Here's my code: #include <Audio.h> #include <Wire.h> AudioInputAnalog microphone(A9); AudioRecordQueue rq; AudioConnection patchCord2(microphone, rq); void setup() { AudioMemory(32); Serial.begin(9600); } void...
  8. S

fast peak detection

Thanks - that's sufficient for the audio analysis portion of my project. But .. I looked at the AudioAnalyzePrint class, and besides verbage saying not to use it - I couldn't seem to get it to tell how many samples had been read. (I'd still like to have a sanity check of the resulting sampling...
  9. S

fast peak detection

I'm doing an SPL meter stoplight, and using analogRead() with a Teensy 3.0, I'm only getting about 390Hz sample rate. I've got analogReadResolution(6) and analogReadAveraging(0), running open loop for 50ms. I'm not trying to do FFT or anything super fancy - I just need to make sure I don't...
  10. S

Audio Reactive Teensy - any open source code or guidance?

You could, but that's actually more complex if the circuit already has a teensy involved.
  11. S

Audio Reactive Teensy - any open source code or guidance?

You're just wanting a noise activated trigger? You can just sample, rectify, filter and level trigger off that. Doesn't require anything as complex as FFT unless you want to trigger off specific frequencies.
  12. S

Current Measurement robust against massive overcurrent

Yes, I'm familiar with the Hall Effect, and did look at a couple Hall effect sensors I was familiar with from past projects - but nothing I was familiar with would survive hundreds of amps while measuring a couple amps. Thinking some more about the problem - I'm thinking ignoring the starter...
  13. S

Current Measurement robust against massive overcurrent

I'm thinking about throwing a teensy on my car battery - I have something which appears to be draining the battery, but it's not always on. (Charging, Starter, Battery all check out fine). So I want to monitor battery voltage and charge/discharge current while off in addition to while the car is...
  14. S

Audio - 2 octave down pitch shift

I've been doing some more thinking, and I like the per string processing rather than just doing 2 octaves down on a summed mix. The highest frequency I'd need to detect is 784 Hz, the lowest possible would be about 110 Hz. The options I've thought of are: 1) Feed a highly clipped square wave...
  15. S

Audio - 2 octave down pitch shift

I was looking to do an octave pitch shift, and I have a couple teensy 3.0's laying around. Basically this is supposed to be a polyphonic octave effect, and I'd like to shift down 2 octaves, fixed interval. My toddler son loves music and playing with daddy. He just got his first toy acoustic...
Back