Recent content by TomChiron

1. TomChiron

Adaptative filters for noise reduction, teensy audio shield

There is an open source platform which includes a single-channel noise reduction algorithm (if this is what you are looking for). Maybe this is of help? There a links to the github rep and references. http://www.openmha.org/
  2. TomChiron

Teensy 4.1 anolog signal to FFT to 8 pins out ( noise floor help)

Good to hear that you already checked all these options. Good luck with the project! Looking forward to seeing progress and/or the final setup. These pneumanic cylinders sound impressive. I like such mechanical things.
  3. TomChiron

Teensy 4.1 anolog signal to FFT to 8 pins out ( noise floor help)

I agree that this sounds like a great project! Do I understand that right that there is a Laptop/PC with Ableton Live involved in the Setup? In this case it could be easier to do all the signal processing in software there and just send trigger data to microcontrollers. That is way easier to...
  4. TomChiron

Measured performance of line in and line out of SGTL5000

Is there a difference in the THD between sine and sine_hires?
  5. TomChiron

Arcade Buttons with WS2812

40 LEDs times 30µs means around 1.2ms blocked time for the LED update. However OctoWS2811 or WS2812serial are great options with non-blocking functionality.
  6. TomChiron

FastLED + Teensy 4.x + OctoWS2811 for super fast parallel output

Thank you so much for this article! I am still using FastLED with OctoWS2811 this way and I am super grateful and happy about this guidance. I simply don't know or didn't find other ways in the past. I am glad that everything is working. However, it would be nice to include this as an example...
  7. TomChiron

Teensy 4.1 serial USB crash

I would not expect problems with this amount of data over USB. However, cable ethernet could be more reliable which I would prefer. As I understand the USB port from the Teensy 4.1 is connected to the Raspberry Pi. So how exactly can you see what exactly is happening at the Teensy? Or do you...
  8. TomChiron

Is FastLED / WS2812Serial Broken in Teensyduino 1.59?

Until now I was running a huge project with WS2811serial and FastLED 3.6.0 on Arduino IDE 1.8.19 and Teensyduino 1.58. Teensy 4.0. Updated now to Teensyduino 1.59. FastLED version 3.6.0 is used as before. No problems here. I will check with the example on a Teensy 4.0 and a Teensy 3.2. Maybe...
  9. TomChiron

100 +/- inputs and outputs (analog?)

I see it as decision about aesthetics. Of course there are differences. If the higher effort is it worth for you that's great. I like that you are putting so much passion in your project. Looking forward to seeing the result!
  10. TomChiron

100 +/- inputs and outputs (analog?)

Not sure if I understand your reasons against LEDs. Using WS2812 or WS2811 LED pixels would be technically much easier than building so many outputs with PWM for analog signals. You could have full control of color, fading times and would be flexible to use simple or more complex effects. Only...
  11. TomChiron

Disabling program mode when using more than one Teensy?

Would it be enough for you to deactivate the auto programming in the Teensyloader? You have to choose the right port/Teensy in any case. This would prevent to accidently program the wrong device.
  12. TomChiron

Teensy usb midi problem

Have you checked that this is not a problem in the sketch? Is the behaviour the same if you are using a simple example sketch?
  13. TomChiron

PropShield Audio Amplifier Output Issues

How does it sound if you connect a speaker? What do you measure if you just use the + and - from the speaker out? Connecting the "-" of the speaker out of the class d amplifier to any other ground can mess it up.
  14. TomChiron

Teensy 4.1 and ADXL345 accelerometer not working outside of Arduino IDE

How do you connect to the Teensy outside the IDE? Where and how exactly do you "get 0"?
  15. TomChiron

[posted] Midi Bass Controller

Looks really great! Would you share what type of soft pots you exactly used?
Back