TomChiron
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• TomChiron
      For whatever it's worth, here's the build. Using Adafruit 'seesaw' encoder board, UDA1334 codec, Triad TY-250 transformers ( 20hz-20khz , 2.8db insertion loss )
    • TomChiron
      In case anyone finds it helpful I've put together a guide on how to create a custom joystick interface for the Teensy 4.1. The guide includes adding a custom USB Type to the Teensy boards list for the Arduino IDE, creating your own custom...
    • TomChiron
      TomChiron replied to the thread Audio Shield line-out question.
      dacVolume in the SGTL5000 control object is another option to control the overall volume before output.
    • TomChiron
      What exactly is meant by "frequency finder"? Are you using the audio board and the audio library?
    • TomChiron
      TomChiron reacted to dangelo's post in the thread Teensy Audio Library Scrubber Object with Like Like.
      Thank you for the kind words! I actually have revamped the project entirely so it works with raw audio files from an SD card. It does it in a kind of weird way where you declare a DMAMEM array of some size and pass that as a pointer to the...
    • TomChiron
      Since there are so many synth projects on this forum, yet just a few talk about controllers for synths, I would like to introduce you to one of the projects I've been working on for some time... and I'm trying to motivate myself to finish it...
    • TomChiron
      Great!! Looking forward to try this out! Thanks for the effort and sharing. Is it a matter of limited memory or would it somehow be possible to load files from SD card to an array to use it? Is it possible to play reverse somehow? Would be a...
    • TomChiron
      Dc objects can also be used with multiply objects for transitions of amplitudes. As already suggested I would add an envelope after "mixerInputs". I would use a dry path for the reverb, i.e. from ladder1 to both final mixers. (there is no...
    • TomChiron
      Bearing in mind I've not actually got round to creating a completed synth of my own ... but do have a fairly deep appreciation of the pitfalls of the Audio library, I'd say: Your topology looks like as good a starting point as any perhaps add a...
    • TomChiron
      Thanks everyone for your replies. Thanks! This did the trick - I moved the code setting parameters out of the main loop and into the midi cc case bits, so parameters only get updated when the relevant midi cc is sent. All working perfectly...
    • TomChiron
      Hello, Band limited waveforms requires more CPU. I don't know about memory. But for sure you must try larger buffer as Rolfdegen suggests. I am pretty sure it is going to make it. You should also use pointers to a manipulate voices, so easier...
    • TomChiron
      There should be an example in the Teensyduino under Audio about CPU and memory usage (I am not at my PC right now to check the exact name).
    • TomChiron
      Audio memory would be also my first question: have you checked the max usage?
    • TomChiron
      Not sure if this works reliably over USB with the small buffer sizes, but possibly you could use the procedure in the example from the Teensyduino "...Audio/Recorder" and change the write procedure. I don't know if this is up to date...
    • TomChiron
      TomChiron replied to the thread External power MIDI teensy 3.6.
      Option #3 from that page is an option also for a Teensy 3.6 (and also others): Put one diode between 5V from MIDI and Vin. Cut the trace between the pads to disconnect USB 5V and Vin (as described on the pinout card). Put one diode between those...
    • TomChiron
      TomChiron replied to the thread External power MIDI teensy 3.6.
      A Teensy draws about 50mA of current. As far as I know it is not meant and not specified to power something beside the optocouplers from the MIDI port - but as several devices do this it seems to be working and I would expect that this is the...
    • TomChiron
      TomChiron replied to the thread interface Midi teensy 3.6.
      In the sketch it is not visible that there is any data sent via the Teensy from hardware MIDI IN to hardware MIDI OUT. To rule out anything from Ableton you could close the software or even run the Teensy from an USB Hub/ Powerbank without PC ...
    • TomChiron
      Please be more specific what exactly you are trying to achieve and what should be routed to what. What is connected to what and how? plus: Ableton Live can also send the notes from your midi controller to any available midi output if you...
    • TomChiron
      On your computer where you use the USB connection you can have 1, 4 or 16 MIDI devices (if you have selected MIDI, MIDIx4 or MIDIx16 in the Arduino IDE). When you are saying "USB", which one exactly is meant? Or would you like to use only one...
    • TomChiron
      TomChiron replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 Datalogger.
      I am referring to the examples that come with the Teensyduino installation in the Arduino IDE under examples/Teensy/ADC. edit: it seems that lower resolutions (8bit) give you also a higher sampling rate.
    • TomChiron
      See: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_serial.html Regarding Ethernet 100 Mbps vs. USB 480Mbps: I don't know how this is using a Rpi but USB is not necessarily the better/faster choice. See, e.g...
    • TomChiron
      TomChiron replied to the thread Noise reduction???.
      Have you seen this: https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/adaptative-filters-for-noise-reduction-teensy-audio-shield.74896/
    • TomChiron
      A google search for "hc 05 bluetooth more than one connection" gave me this: https://forum.arduino.cc/t/hc05-bluetooth-with-multi-slaves/274151 post #5 Is that more like 5, 10 or 100ms latency? Depending on the purpose of a project, even 10ms...
    • TomChiron
      TomChiron replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 Datalogger.
      Have you looked into the example "conversionSpeed"? It says in continuous mode it is faster? Set averaging to 1? Also "adc_test" could give you more hints what limits you can expect. What sampling rate do you need?
    • TomChiron
      Sounds like a nice project! A few remarks/questions: Why use one Teensy 4.0 for each drumstick as a trigger? Isn't that overkill? Wouldn't be an Arduino Nano or so sufficient? What delay from the bluetooth transmission are you expecting? Is...
    • TomChiron
      Yes, though with some caveats. I have three short pogo pins right under D+, D-, and the same pin under the Teensy's VUSB. I use these from LCSC through JLCPCB (if that alphabet soup makes sense.) JLCPCB complains about the holes in my board...
    • TomChiron
      There is an open source platform which includes a single-channel noise reduction algorithm (if this is what you are looking for). Maybe this is of help? There a links to the github rep and references. http://www.openmha.org/
    • TomChiron
      Good to hear that you already checked all these options. Good luck with the project! Looking forward to seeing progress and/or the final setup. These pneumanic cylinders sound impressive. I like such mechanical things.
    • TomChiron
      I agree that this sounds like a great project! Do I understand that right that there is a Laptop/PC with Ableton Live involved in the Setup? In this case it could be easier to do all the signal processing in software there and just send trigger...
    • TomChiron
      Is there a difference in the THD between sine and sine_hires?
    • TomChiron
      TomChiron replied to the thread Arcade Buttons with WS2812.
      40 LEDs times 30µs means around 1.2ms blocked time for the LED update. However OctoWS2811 or WS2812serial are great options with non-blocking functionality.
    • TomChiron
      Thank you so much for this article! I am still using FastLED with OctoWS2811 this way and I am super grateful and happy about this guidance. I simply don't know or didn't find other ways in the past. I am glad that everything is working...
    • TomChiron
      TomChiron reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Teensy 4.1 serial USB crash with Like Like.
      I would strongly recommend reading 5 bytes at a time (one complete packet) rather than reading as much as possible and then parsing it in chunks of 5. Otherwise there's likely to be a split packet due to usb transfer boundaries that will throw...
    • TomChiron
      TomChiron replied to the thread Teensy 4.1 serial USB crash.
      I would not expect problems with this amount of data over USB. However, cable ethernet could be more reliable which I would prefer. As I understand the USB port from the Teensy 4.1 is connected to the Raspberry Pi. So how exactly can you see...
    • TomChiron
      Until now I was running a huge project with WS2811serial and FastLED 3.6.0 on Arduino IDE 1.8.19 and Teensyduino 1.58. Teensy 4.0. Updated now to Teensyduino 1.59. FastLED version 3.6.0 is used as before. No problems here. I will check with the...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back