Recent content by Trip

1. T

usb_mouse_move 16 bit x and y request

Hey, Did you have a look at this page (https://eleccelerator.com/tutorial-about-usb-hid-report-descriptors/) it helped me a lot to get my problem fixed. There is also a tool linked on this page (https://www.usb.org/hid) which is incredibly helpful. The interface is a bit windows xp era and its...
  2. T

Teensy Mouse connected to slow polling USB host?

I dont know exactly how the whole usb chain works for Mouse.move for that you would need to look in the following folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy(version number) usb_mouse.c - implements Mouse.move usb.c - implements the usb_transmit function...
  3. T

usb_mouse_move 16 bit x and y request

I have a bit of a strange request. Maybe someone saw in my last thread that I wanted to implement an adjustable polling rate for the mouse. To do a double blind test. I never really intended to add this feature but since the first comment was immediatly about that it is not perceivable and...
  4. T

[queued] Teensy 4 high speed mouse

I cant see anything flicker indeed but it does not mean that you dont notice the difference when you actually play a game. Your experiment is a light source which you cant interact with and mine is an input device which translates physical movement from your arm to a monitor. The difference...
  5. T

Ok it is a bit of a spaghetti fest inside of the mouse but it was my first attempt. And I only had this thick silicon wire laying around. When the cover is closed you dont notice there is a teensy inside of the mouse at all. Except for the orange light from the LED.
  6. T

10 years ago some people also said that 4k and 1080p look the same or that 120Hz and 60Hz screens look the same. In another 10 years I guess we can have the same debate but we can replace the 8000Hz with 64000Hz.
  7. T

You do not need an 8000Hz display to feel or see the difference if that is what you are trying to say. Games do feel slightly smoother and more responsive with 8000Hz polling rate but its nothing major. Here is a picture from blurbusters article which shows the gaps between cursor movement at...
  8. T

Hello everyone, I modified an existing 1000Hz mouse and made it 8000Hz thanks to the Teensy 4 its USB high speed capable chip. The mouse also has hardware debounced microswitches similar to how a flip flop operates. Can't say going from a 1000Hz to 8000Hz polling rate changes much but it feels...
  9. T

MIMXRT1062DVJ6B compatability with custom teensy PCB

We just used a teensy 4.1. it would have costed too much time in case of issues. The teensy 4.1 was put on the board as a big surface mount component. I dont think its a problem to use a B revision chip but we did not have a lot of time for this project.
  10. T

3.6V minimum VIN requirement for teensy 4.1 with USB communication might be too low

I will try that as well although the chip itself booted up just fine. It only was the USB serial link which displayed strange behaviour. The test program that I ran was blink with some text on the serial line. The led was blinking immediatly at startup but the serial only started like a minute...
  11. T

3.6V minimum VIN requirement for teensy 4.1 with USB communication might be too low

This seems to be a more likely cause of the problem. Right now I am working on another part. I will test this out and report it here if I have the time. The system also includes a soft start on the power supply maybe that has an effect as well. I might have a board that i could use as a guinee pig.
  12. T

I believe according to the usb specification the power supply needs to operate in that range for client devices. https://www.beyondlogic.org/usbnutshell/usb2.shtml (VBUS section) But maybe the IMXRT1062 can still work with an even lower voltage I have not looked into that. The pinout of the...
  13. T

Usually that kind of dropout only happens when the regulator is very close to its max rated current in this case 1A. You can see that in the graphs of the datasheet as well. I measured the current with a usb voltage/current measurement stick and it only consumed about 50mA. So I dont think the...
  14. T

Hello everyone, I am posting this for anyone who might have the same problem regarding USB communication with the teensy 4.1 when using external power on the VIN pin. For a project that involves a teensy 4.1 on a custom PCB I used the minimum voltage requirement of 3.6V for the VIN pin to...
  15. T

MIMXRT1062DVJ6B compatability with custom teensy PCB

Ah ok I missed that thread. I see that he soldered a revision B chip onto a board but no confirmation if everything runs well. Thank you for the response I will keep an eye on that thread as well.
Back