Recent content by VictorFS

1. V

Understanding how I killed Teensy 4.0 Serial1 with simple circuit

That's great info. I'll check that out and see what I can do to improve my current circuit. Thank you all for the help!
  2. V

Honestly, I have never tough about this problem before and am now concerned. Considering a scenario were I can't change the plug for a newer one specifically designed for hot plugging, is there any easy solution to protect the circuit from this situation (12V pin and data pin connected before...
  3. V

Nice! So far we have been using just normal 3.3V UART TTL over those 10m wires and it was working normally, while I agree that RS232 or RS485 would be more suitable for the job. The cables are just regular multiconductor cable, unshielded and not twisted. We have been having success with this...
  4. V

Thanks for the support! I will try to incorporate RS-232 on my next circuit design. Right now, it doesn't have the space or connections for the needed RS-232 transceiver, like the MAX3232. I will try to solve the issue with the diodes and the resistor in the current circuit board version.
  5. V

No, it doesn't. Most of the times, all of them will connect the same time. Depending on the inclination of the plug or if any of the pins are loose, any of them could connect first than the other. That's a very interesting take. Haven't tough of this before . Nice ideia! Would it be something...
  6. V

Hi Paul! The connector has a specific orientation that prevents it from being plugged in any other way. Check the image below: Even so, after the first Teensy was damaged, I took extra care to plug and unplug the connector the right way and without jiggling. The new Teensy 4.0 still suffered...
  7. V

I have an application where one Teensy 3.5 (main module) communicates with a Teensy 4.0 (remote module) over a 10 meter wire. This wire carries the TX and RX signals from Teensy 3.5 Serial6 to Teensy 4.0 Serial1, GND and 12V that powers the remote. The 12V line goes to a step-down to convert to...
  8. V

Interrupt on Serial Data receive Teensy 4.0 USB port

ericscottf, another option would be to use TeensyThreads library and have one thread be your main (with the code you currently have inside loop) and other thread keeps checking the USB Serial for available data. Keep in mind that TeensyThreads is buggy and unmaintained. I also don't recommend...
  9. V

Suggestion to get maximum accuracy when reading frequency of external crystal

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions! Ok, now I got the general idea. I will try this out in the future depending on the outcomes of my current test setup. So as far as I understand, in order to achieve this I would need to have an external oscillator and an external clocked...
  10. V

Hi mborgerson and Paul! Thanks for the insightful replies as always. I ended up ordering two different external oscillator: Pletronics 1ppm VCTCXO and Connor Winfield 5ppb OCXO My first attempt was to remove the standard Teensy 24 Mhz crystal and connect the output of the external Pletronics...
  11. V

That's great advice, Paul! If a TCXO has enough temperature stability for my use case, what would be the specs I should look for when selecting the part? For example, input voltage, output signal form and voltage. Maybe if you could provide the exact part number of the current 24 MHz crystal...
  12. V

I'am working on a project using Teensy 4.1 where I read the frequency of a Quartz Crystal Microbalance (QCM) using the FreqCount library. My goal is to be able to detect very small changes on the QCM frequency (natural frequency around 5 MHz) caused by deposition of material (added mass) over...
  13. V

Teensy 4 Arduino 2.0.3 addr2line tutorial

Doesn't seem to be your case, because you are using Arduino IDE, but I had the same problem when using VSCode + PlatformIO and the solution was to include the compilation flag "-g" when compiling the sketch. Make sure Arduino IDE is including this. Another thing to keep in mind is that you may...
  14. V

Unintentional HIGH when uploading code to the Teensy 4.1

I just stopped using pin 48 and moved to another pin. I am not planning on changing the default startup code, and would have to do this every time we update Teensyduino. It seems like adding a pulldown resistor to pin 48 wouldn't help either, because it is being actively driven high. Thanks...
  15. V

T4 CrashReport Debugging on a Mac

@jmarsh Applying this patch solved the issue for me! Many thanks. Now if the crash happens inside the thread, the correct place is show in addr2line and the .lst file.
Back