wwatson
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• wwatson
      wwatson reacted to KurtE's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Like Like.
      No Hurry...
    • wwatson
      @KurtE @mjs513 - I have to go out for a while but will finish fixing my mess up when I get back...
    • wwatson
      Yep, it's not working here either. I'll check the latest backup and push it up...
    • wwatson
      I will check here. I have been playing with the async_wip branch. Hopefully I did not mess up and push up changes for that...
    • wwatson
      @KurtE - This did not work correctly: // try to setup for 8 or 16 bits... uint8_t MulBeatWR_BeatQty = SHIFTNUM * sizeof(uint32_t) / _bus_width; //Number of beats = number of shifters * beats per shifter I had to multiply the result by 8 to...
    • wwatson
      Quick note: I did open up a Pull Request: https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/cores/pull/750 to hopefully add some/all of this support to the main fork/branch.
    • wwatson
      wwatson reacted to mjs513's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Like Like.
      Yep: graphicMode(true); setPixelCursor(x, y); ramAccessPrepare(); lcdDataWrite16(color); but it wasn;t working for me when I tested the RA8876 in 8bit parallel, ie, gradient fills colors were off. Think that was why I went that...
    • wwatson
      I had those fixed if I remember right: //**************************************************************// /* Write a 16bpp pixel */ //**************************************************************// void...
    • wwatson
      wwatson reacted to mjs513's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Like Like.
      @wwatson - @KurtE Was running the FB test case and noticed that the gradient fills was wrong. Traced it drawPixel. Looks like the TeensyRA8876Combined repo doesnt have the drawPixel fix: void RA8876_common::drawPixel(ru16 x, ru16 y, ru16...
    • wwatson
      Ok since I did the soldering on @KurtE's adapter to old shield I managed to get it working to a point. There does seem to be issues with DMA so maybe time resynch and try it again: (RVGA) note SVGA works with JPEG. NOTE: we are not using...
    • wwatson
      That make sense and is much cleaner:D Good luck with the new adapter boards. Plugging in an adapter is a lot quicker than wiring it in...
    • wwatson
      I just got back from some errands. @KurtE - I'll take a look at your repo hopefully tonight. @mjs513 - ditto...
    • wwatson
      wwatson reacted to KurtE's post in the thread RA8876 Parallel Display Library Testing with Like Like.
      I was in the process of it doing it as well, until the act up with the board yesterday... I also was changing: The current Async function I renamed to ....IRQ And had an Async function which detected if it supported DMA, if so called it, else...
    • wwatson
      @wwatson - @KurtE Just a heads up testing the GEN5 with the ILI9488 and RA8876 serial mode with @KurtE. Found that we dont need to overclock the SDRAM to get rid of the yellowish. Changed the sketches a bit. also we found that got an error...
    • wwatson
      @KurtE @mjs513 - I have 16-bit DMA working now: MicroMod Board and RA8876 parallel 8080 mode testing (8Bit/DMA) Bus speed: 12 MHZ Bus Width: 16-bits Wrote 243800 bytes in 188us Press anykey to continue And: MicroMod Board and RA8876 parallel...
      • 16-bit_DMAgood_12_good.jpg
      • 16-bit_DMA_20MHz_bad.jpg
    • wwatson
      I saw that notice when I ordered my last display. Mine is still the RA8876. Also downloaded the ref manual but have not had the time to see if there is more info that might pertain to the RA8876 as well...
    • wwatson
      @KurtE Got it working. Look in common.h. Change the default wire to TwoWire *_wire = &Wire; and its working: Default is Wire2 so for devboard thats 16/17 >> touches:1 | gesture:0 | state:2 (518,271) (57344,57344) >> touches:1 |...
    • wwatson
      Ditto on this end as well.
    • wwatson
      Yep it was already defined in the header file. I have the touch app building, and it knows when I touch, but not getting the touch data yet... Not sure if I screwed up which pins... Or software or needs PU...
    • wwatson
      If you look in the RA8876_Common it has to be defined using: USE_FT5206_TOUCH
    • wwatson
      Just synched up and tried the latest updates and anomaly is still there - very strange. EDIT: Just pushed all the wired in to make sure they were seated - now its working - future debug note. Believe we both have the ER-TFTM070-6 with...
    • wwatson
      @mjs515 @KurtE - Just curious as to which CAP touch controller you have on your ER-TFTM101-1 displays. Mine is a GT9271 and I have it working on the DB5. I modified the arduino-goodix library. Here is some output: Contact #0: Track ID 0, X...
    • wwatson
      That is really off. Here is what I am getting in 8-bit mode: Ignore the coffee stains on the table:D Are you using the TeensyRA8876Combined library? That's the one that has all of the latest updates...
      • color_bar.jpg
    • wwatson
      Ok fixed userDefinedFont issue with this: void RA8876_common::CGRAM_initial(uint32_t charAddr, const uint8_t *data, uint16_t count) { uint16_t i; uint16_t tmp = 0; graphicMode(true); // switch to graphic mode...
    • wwatson
      I was going to start playing with the Async. Flexio Interrupt version soon. DMA will be after I move the one display over to the DB5. Right now I have an ILI9488 display on the DB5... At some point may want to look at 16 bit on these displays...
    • wwatson
      @KurtE @mjs513 - Everything seems to be working in 16Bit mode except for async, DMA and userDefinedFonts.ino. I think I know what the problem is with userDefinedFonts.ino. Will tackle that later. Pushed up all changes to...
    • wwatson
      @mjs513 @KurtE - Did @KurtE's PR and applied changes to local TeensyRA8876Combined repo. Will go through all examples/testcases and if ok I'll push up the changes. Need a nap first...
    • wwatson
      Nice work. Tested here on DB5. Works just like in 8bit mode. I will update the TeensyRA8876Combined repo...
    • wwatson
      @wwatson - @KurtE Just synched with the latest changes to the branch and incorporated my changes (they still work). Pushed the changes as well. Did fix one spot that was missed when converting BUS_WIDTH to _bus_width.
    • wwatson
      That's great news:D
    • wwatson
      @watson and @KurtE got it fixed for 16bit. Have to clean up code and the will post it>
    • wwatson
      Think we might need a lcdDataRead16. Playing around readPixel and lcddataread. Notice anything interesting TFT Width: 600, Height: 1024 ROTATION: 1 lcdDataread(): Dummy 0xe007, data 0x1f00 lcdDataread(): Dummy 0x0000, data 0x1f00 Rect Color...
    • wwatson
      @KurtE and @wwatson Just hooked up to a T41 and this is what I am seeing with the combined_t4x_wip branch. Now to try and catch up you all.
    • wwatson
      @KurtE - Got the same results here with T40_WIP as above and also with RA8876p_readPixels. Colors seem shifted. This was on the DB5 in 16bit mode. I also tested memoryTransfer sketch and it works in 8/16bit modes...
    • wwatson
      @KurtE - Here is the my working version of bteMpuWriteWithROPData16(): void RA8876_t41_p::bteMpuWriteWithROPData16(ru32 s1_addr, ru16 s1_image_width, ru16 s1_x, ru16 s1_y, ru32 des_addr, ru16 des_image_width...
    • wwatson
      I just checked RA8876_common.cpp in TeensyRA8876Combined and it's not there. It's in RA8876_t41_p.cpp??? I'll move it over...
    • wwatson
      Really weird. writeRect is always the most stable. I wonder if it has anything to do with the delayNanoseconds() in: bteMpuWriteWithROPData16() in RA8876_t41_p.cpp? maybe play with that...
    • wwatson
      I can't remember why "putPicture()" was moved. Hopefully after more testing I will be able to setup my SPI display. Right now the "graphicsCursor.ino" sketch is not working completely. The graphics cursor moves properly but none of the button...
    • wwatson
      If you are talking about the USBHost connector then the answer is yes. You will need a USB SD card reader. Then in Teensyduino 1.59 try the driveinfo.ino sketch found in "USBHost_t36/examples/storage" folder. There are a couple other sketches as...
    • wwatson
      @KurtE - Try this: /* Memory Transfer RA8876 M Sandercock May 15 2020 Test memory transfer to send a picture to the RA8876 screen, then use BTE memory copy to move it around Most of the time you would want to just put an image onto...
      • memoryTransfer.jpg
    • wwatson
      Got "drawPixel()" worcking 8/16bit mode: //**************************************************************// /* Write a 16bpp pixel */ //**************************************************************// void...
    • wwatson
      @KurtE @mjs513 - "drawPixel()" does not seem to be working at all in 8bit or 16bit mode (DB5). Something has happened. Tested "writeRect()" works in 8/16bit mode. "pushPixels16bitAsync()" and "pushPixels16bitDMA() work in 8bit mode. I think...
    • wwatson
      @KurtE - Found these: // Helper functions. void RA8876_t41_p::beginWrite16BitColors() { while (WR_IRQTransferDone == false) { } // Wait for any IRQ transfers to complete FlexIO_Config_SnglBeat(); CSLow(); DCHigh()...
    • wwatson
      Just wired up for 16Bit BUS. I am testing write now. Got "setBusWidth(16) and setFlexIOPins(53,52,40)" working. Need to go through everything to refresh my memory:D I don't remember "write16BitColor(uint16_t color)" at all...
    • wwatson
      wwatson reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Reading Pins in Parallel -- Teensy 4.1 with Like Like.
      I am not sure if there are easy examples. One needs to read (many times) the IMXRT reference manual you can download from main pjrc product pages the section on FlexIO. A few of us have been playing with code that reads 4 or 8 bits from...
    • wwatson
      Testing with Flexio 16 bit... Ran the 8 wires between the two adapters... Most looks good, but the getRect or more likely writeRect ... looks like the colors are off Look where the color bar between sort of the filled triangle and circle... top...
    • wwatson
      USBHost is working good. Now to setup 16bit 8080 bus and touch screen and test. Finally, setup other SPI TFT and test...
    • wwatson
      I bridged the OTG pad and center pad, Tested wireless mouse, keyboard and USB stick. All seem to work as expected. Copying files between two USB drives and SD card times are about the same as the T4.1 and MicroMod...
    • wwatson
      I now have my one Parallel RA8876 moved back to the T4.1 I am using Mikes Adapter, with then my Adpater for ILI94xxx plugged into it, with a long RPI stacking header. With this added adapter I can now patch in signals to D8-D15 of the display to...
    • wwatson
      wwatson replied to the thread USBHost_t36 on Teensy 4.1?.
      That happens more often than not. Glad you have it working :)
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back