Recent content by XFer

1. X

PJRC/Teensy web pages suggestions/errors/etc

I remember we had a thread for reporting errors/missing infos/etc. about pjrc.com web pages, but I can't find it anymore. So I'm creating a new one, hoping it may help Paul updating the web site. What I've found, in no particular order: https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_libs_Audio.html Only...
  2. X

MIDI USB Host: looking for clarification on "Interface_16x16" example

Thank you Paul. I was suspecting something like that. Maybe the USB device descriptor/capabilities/infos etc. could give some hint too, I'll look into that.
  3. X

MIDI USB Host: looking for clarification on "Interface_16x16" example

Hello, I have already built a few MIDI devices based upon the Teensy 3.6, thanks to its USB host port. Usually I connect a (single) MIDI controller to the host port and then process the MIDI messages it sends. Now I would like to build a device where one can plug more MIDI USB devices to the...
  4. X

Teensy 3.6: MIDI and usbMIDI have different calls for a specific function

Don't want to further messing up my message, anyway I think I found a way. When I stumble upon a usbMIDI send function which also needs "type" along with "value", I just define a proper const inside the handler, like: void timeCodeQuarterFrameHandler(const uint8_t data) { const byte type =...
  5. X

Thanks for the explanation Paul, it makes sense of course. Now: do you have a suggestion to handle my case? Could I simply write the affected handlers as 2-args functions and be done? Like, for example void timeCodeQuarterFrameHandler(byte type, byte value) {...
  6. X

Hello, I'm implementing a test MIDI device with T3.6. At the moment it just forwards incoming MIDI messages to both a serial MIDI output (DIN) and usb-MIDI. So, I wrote my handlers for various type of incoming MIDI messages. For example: void timeCodeQuarterFrameHandler(const byte data) {...
  7. X

Teensy 3.2 End Of Life

So sorry to see T3.2 go, it has been, and still is, great. But i fully understand it has to go.
  8. X

MIDI device emulation

Possibly you would need to edit usb_desc.h too (there are various sections). It is where VID and PID are defined. Its location depends on the Teensy and OS you are using; for Teensy 3.x under Windows, it's <Arduino_folder>\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3\usb_desc.h
  9. X

Making your own PCBS. The best way

I use PCBWay too. Quite satisfied.
  10. X

marlin on teensy4.1 w/o a carrier(?) board

Hi and welcome. Well, spaghetti jumpers directly connected to the Teensy board? Sounds a bit extreme. I would suggest using at least a protoboard, so you can test everything with a breadboard and then replicate 1:1 in a more robust/reliable way, with mounting holes as well...
  11. X

ILI9341 Touchscreen doesn't work with Teensy 4.0

Thank you very much Vindar!
  12. X

OLED, TFT, or what? Looking for suggestions on display...

OLEDs wear out, quite fast if you keep them at high intensity and with semi-fixed content.
  13. X

ILI9341 Touchscreen doesn't work with Teensy 4.0

Hello Vindar, I'm using your nice ILI9341_T4 library on T4.1 with a 2.8" ILI9341 + XPT2046 touch. I'm now looking for a simple 2D canvas lib (I need a few buttons and a couple of textboxes for my simple GUI) and have found your TGX library. Unfortunately, I did not find any example which...
  14. X

multiple teensy on one board

No issue, provided the two "3.3v" levels are within Teensy tolerance (i.e.: A=3.2V and B=3.4V are OK). The (digital) GNDs have to be common.
  15. X

LittleVGL on Teensy

@vindar: I cannot thank you enough!! Following your instructions, I managed to have the "lvgl_music_demo" up&running on my T4.1. :D I got 145fps at about 84% CPU load with refresh=5 and SPI at 80 MHz. And CPU clock speed was only 528 MHz. Now, I am trying to figure how to start a new project...
Back