Search results

1. Senescence

Teensy3 + RGB strips wiring

Yes sorry ! I read too fast !
  2. Senescence

Did you connect pin 15 and 16 together ? The picture doesn't show any of the connections. It's not easy to see it without a magnifying glass but there is actually two pads under the teensy (VUSB and VIN) that are soldered together with a very very thin connection. It's this little connection...
  3. Senescence

Thank you. I lowered the voltage down to 4.8. I tried it all again ... Nothing happens.And first LED burnt again. Only explanation i have : my teensy is dead or something is wrong with it. Tried again on arduino : all good. Might order a new teensy from the website here i guess ... I'm going...
  4. Senescence

Good idea ! I don't have batteries at the moment but it's worth trying ! I tried with the basic test sketch from octo library. That's how i burnt the leds. The capacitor ... Well, someone told me that it was always good to use one ... just in case ... as i had one i put it there. Yes, i...
  5. Senescence

Thanks a lot, paul. I already lowered the voltage. It's about 4.8 right now. You said that it would help the strip to receive Teensy's 3.3V ... but that's not supposed to happen right ? On your setup shown in this pic, are VUB and VIN still soldered ? That wouldn't change anything in my...
  6. Senescence

My power supply is not grounded cause i have no ground at home in the plugs :( There is nothing connected from the PSU ground ... The GNDs of teensy and strip are connected to COM/-5V of the PSU ...
  7. Senescence

Hey guys, Thanks a lot for your help ! Here's a picture of what i tried to do ... Can you help me finding what i did wrong ? As said by someone before this post, shorting 5V with DIN would be the explanation ... but i don't see where that happens in my wiring ! I'm not using the +5v of the...
  8. Senescence

I think so too. So, i'm discovering the joys of cutting and replacing :D I guess i'll develop my stuff with these chinese leds and once i get there, i'll just replace with better ones ... But in my project, the led strips are just gonna be used on stage for concerts ... So, it's like 45 or 50...
  9. Senescence

So ... that happened to me ! It was all white ... when i forgot to connect 15 and 16 together ! But as soon as i connected these pins together, the strip flashed and went off ... with the first led fried ... and this happens everytime i try pluging it again :'(
  10. Senescence

Teensy for Midi-Controlled RGB Strips

back to this !!! It works ! I can now totally route my midi messages to the teensy ... It seems to read them properly ! Thank you for the tip ! Now i need to understand how to turn on a specific led of the strip depending on the midi signal ... Any advice ?
  11. Senescence

Thanks guys ! I just checked ! As Tetsuo said, only the first LED of each strip is dead ... phew ! I can keep playing ! ;) But now i really don't get what is wrong with the wiring with my Teensy 3.0. It seems i do all fine ... But when i try turning a strip on with the basictest of the...
  12. Senescence

Don't get it. I managed to do everything correctly on Arduino UNO and control my 3 X 60 leds strips ... Once on the teensy, i followed all the instructions from Octo2811 ... and fried my 3 strips ... I have no led working anymore ... :(
  13. Senescence

Hi, I'm starting to test the wiring of my set up and i'd like to start following the OctoWS2811 tuto on the website. But i do not want to cut apart the VIN and VUSB pads, in order to be able to use my teensy for other applications. I got an external 5V power supply and i'd like to supply my RGB...
  14. Senescence

ohhhh sounds interesting ! On stage i only use Live/max ... But depending on the set up, i use also a global midi bridge to be sure that i have everything routed properly cause we have a shit ton of controllers on stage and i'm always scared of bad surprises :D
  15. Senescence

Man, you're awesome ! Thank you so much for the help. My power supply is one that i bought on ebay. Like those big ones for computers so i guess it'll do just fine. Now i'm currently diving into all the tech stuff about wiring the teensy ... I'll get into coding pretty soon. I'm thinking posting...
  16. Senescence

Proximity sensors for hand distance

Btw, this has already been done in a very elaborated way by british singer Imogen Heap. An ingineer from NASA made her a pair of gloves with which she can perform a whole concert alone. They have a shit ton of sensors in them and detect the position of the singer on stage to play different...
  17. Senescence

I know but i only have strips of 60 leds :/
  18. Senescence

Proximity sensors for hand distance

I do that with leap motion which makes it incredibly simple as you only need to plug the leap motion to the computer and get the Leap motion Processing libraries to start playing with the mapping position of the ten fingers and trigger signals. It even detects you wrists and many different...
  19. Senescence

Great. It all makes sense. Im still missing the 10a power supply so i cant really get started with coding for the strips. But as soon as i start ill post my tests here. Thanks a lot for the leads.
  20. Senescence

@ Digital 11 : Amazing news ! Perfect ! Thank you so much and thanks in advance for the example sketch ! @Paul Thanks ! I'll try running examples to start understanding ! Also, is it possible to add some timing to the leds ? Cause my 3 strips will have to behave the same, but connected to...
  21. Senescence

Hi Everyone, I am a musician and i use elecronics on stage and i thought i'd give it a try and make something with teensy to make all my electronic stuff more visual for the audience. I got a Teensy 3.0 cause i read that it can behave as a midi device which is gonna considerably help me. But...
Back