Search results

1. A

PT8211 latency (MIDI note-on to sound)

Closing this thread, the particular speaker (Creative Labs iRoar Go) was the culprit. The same behavior occurs when powered via the DC power supply, so I will move to another speaker. I am super-thankful for the support received.
  2. A

Hi Paul, thank you for checking this. The sound - just a sine wave - is going through a Creative Labs speaker (and then reflected around my living room, there is a piano and some guitars there). I just started my work day and I cannot verify it right now, but my colleague in the project suggests...
  3. A

We have chosen the pt8211 for a project (ALFASoniQ Mirage II Emulator). We are making great progress, but we ran into what appears to be a latency issue. When a note is triggered by MIDI, it takes almost 0.5 second for the sound to be produced. Interestingly, once the note is triggered, the...
  4. A

CS42448 board ( 6 audio inputs / 8 outputs ) ?

This is a great forum, isn't it? Waverforms looks good. A good conversation about band-limited signals is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7GFyM2v16U Check @ time ~6:30 So, either the input waveform is band-limited, or the output is LP filtered very heavily.... Have fun! alfa66
  5. A

@Trurl I did not do much, besides re-enforcing the good behavior of a bunch of teensyduino fans ;) ****add 2 pull-up resistors (2.2K) to the i2c bus**** ABSOLUTELY!!! Please, please, please, let's add the pull-up resistors - they are not included in the AliExpress board. I can see how without...
  6. A

@houtson, thank you again for sharing your experience with this. I had some time to test it and it works really well (note: I am only interested in the separate 8 audio channels). @PaulStoffregen, the following implements individual channel volume, it augments the functionality of...
  7. A

Amazing, thank you for sharing!!!!!!!
  8. A

I did not know somebody already asked this question - I just bought one of these for $25, will try to hook it up to Teensy 4.x It would be great to know if anybody has done this already. This is a picture of it i just took.
  9. A

CS42448 - Teensy Audio lib hookup how-to?

Found this CS42448 board from AliExpress - wondering if anybody tried this with Teensy...
  10. A

[posted] kxmx_kaugummi - A CS42448 Breakout Board

Found this at Ali Express for $24, I received it in a couple of weeks. Anybody tried it with Teensy already?
  11. A

high-res MIPI display

This seems like great work, can you please post a link to GitHub with code/schematics? Thanks much!
  12. A

WM8731 Board Ideas

Thank you!!!
  13. A

WM8731 Board Ideas

Hi Bob, would you be open to sharing your KiCad project? There is no wrong answer of course! Thank you for initiating this thread - lots of good work here!
  14. A

WM8731 Board Ideas

@Paul, you rock! Thank you! I will go ahead with the design, I could not determine whether @boblarkin shared his kicad files in github.
  15. A

WM8731 Board Ideas

@bob, very interesting project. I checked the Audio Library and this seems supported in Master Mode. Is this fully working now? I'd be very interested in trying this Codec with T4.1 Thanks much!
  16. A

Teensy 4.0 with Audio Board and ILI9341 screen wiring

Thank you Much appreciated, Michael. I will try to document this at the end and include your precious advice in my work. Alfa66
  17. A

Teensy 4.0 with Audio Board and ILI9341 screen wiring

Teensy 4.0 w SD Card w Audio w TFT ILI9341 w Touch (XPS) Hi, I think I may have found the right thread... So, I am trying to get all the following to work: Teensy 4.0, with the Audio Adapter rev D - I need to use its SD Card. Also, I need to connect it to a touch screen based on the ILI9341 and...
  18. A

Teensy 5.0 ?

Thank you for the pointer, @mjs513! It will be useful to others when searching for Teensy 5.0 :)
  19. A

Teensy 5.0 ?

Paul, I bet you are already looking into this. 1GHz. Multi-core. The DAC would be back. https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-microcontrollers/i-mx-rt-crossover-mcus/i-mx-rt1170-crossover-mcu-family-first-ghz-mcu-with-arm-cortex-m7-and-cortex-m4-cores:i.MX-RT1170
  20. A

Losing COM Serial Port when adding StreamAudio object

Hi guys, first off - I am very thankful for all the help. I was hoping that posting the GitHub link to my code was going to be enough - clearly I was wrong and I will change my behavior. Unfortunately, since the last post, I did not solve ALL the problems that I have with the code that I am...
  21. A

Discussion about a simple way to change the sample-rate

Thank you for all your great contributions to the Forum, @frankB
  22. A

Dual channel 16bit dac PT8211

Guys, can somebody point me to how to change the sampling freq of the PT8211 for Teensy4.1? I did find an earlier thread, but that recommendation does not seem to work for 4.1. Thank you in advance for your help!
  23. A

Discussion about a simple way to change the sample-rate

@FrankB, I am having a hard time understanding how to change the sampling frequency of the PT8211 using your routines... When I try to use your routines I2S_MDR_DIVIDE and I2S_MDR_FRACT are not defined. These are my #include #include <Arduino.h> #include <Audio.h> #include <AudioStream.h>...
  24. A

Losing COM Serial Port when adding StreamAudio object

When I add a StreamAudio object I lose the COM port. I thought that the teensy was fried and almost tossed it... I first wrote a small example using the same technique (I am not a C++ wizard, and never thought about writing my own Audiostream object...) and it works fine, so there must be...
  25. A

Teensy 4.0, I2S, AudioPlayQueue, Timer interrupts & more

follow up Hi, Were you able to solve these issues? Thank you
  26. A

3.5" display using ILI9488 will not work with XPT2048_Touchscreen

Can you please share what buffer chip did you install? Thank you
  27. A

How about a 3.5 inch 480x320 tochscreen display?

something like this? https://excamera.com/sphinx/gameduino3/index.html
  28. A

How about a 3.5 inch 480x320 tochscreen display?

Tft display w 5 points capacitive screens Would like to ask the same. @paul, thank you for your consideration
  29. A

Teensy for reverse engineering old FPLA 82S153N (PLS153)

Hello Group, This is the forum that I have been using for my hobby, so maybe some of you can help with the following. I need to figure out the equations of an old PLA (82S153N, https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/110789/PHILIPS/82S153A.html) Just for context, this is used in the...
  30. A

Change SampleRate

Thank you!!!
  31. A

Change SampleRate

summary? Can you please summarize how you have accomplished changing the sampling rate? Thanks much!
  32. A

"Normal" values for AudioFilterStateVariable

@Paul, I would not mind taking a look and try to fix the filter during the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday... If you have any pointer that you'd like to share (whatever you remember) let me know, and I will start from there.
  33. A

Any Chance of a Teensy ++ 3.1?

@Paul, would like to sign up to be a tester when you release it. I'd be happy to pay for it. alfa66
  34. A

Clicking envelope with Audio Library?

>>>If you're willing to contribute example code, please try to design it along one of these 2 paths. Github pull requests are the best way to send the code, but posting here is ok too. Paul, I think this is a great idea and I will give it a shot next weekend. In the meantime, here is what I...
  35. A

Clicking envelope with Audio Library?

Different Approach to Envelope (introduce the possibility to add portamento) Hi guys, I added the envelope generator to my project with the latest Paul's new Audio dist (from 11/15), for some reason I had a hard time to get it to work. I have found a great example from another member here...
  36. A

Highly optimized ILI9341 (320x240 TFT color display) library

Thank you Paul! I will give it another try. Also, I will look at the code example for the display + SD card. I saw the tutorial, well done - it helped me moving forward with my project. Thanks again!
  37. A

Hi Paul, Since I was not able to get this to work, I reverted back to the Adafruit library, but i really need more speed for my project. I noticed that, in the meantime, you released a new purple board for the display. I was familiar with the power fix, but can you please tell me what has...
  38. A

Audio Memory/Output Causing glitches

Try Increasing the value of AudioMemory. Let me know if it works.
  39. A

Effect: Remove Vocals, aka "Karaoke"

Hey, no worries! It turns out that we have both come up with something that maybe is not really needed - check this: http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/gui/?info=AudioEffectMidSide Anyway (and off topic) what is the best way to display (oscillscope-like) the waveform in the audio buffer? Should I use...
  40. A

Effect: Remove Vocals, aka "Karaoke"

Karaoke Hi Frank B! Great job, that's a clean implementation! This is what I was able to concoct some time back, not as elegant, but good enough to impress my kids! https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/24793-Audio-Library?p=48468&viewfull=1#post48468 Cheers, Alfa66
  41. A

Hi Paul, hopefully the code below will help. The bug shows whether or not I add 2.2K pull up resistors to the CS lines of the TFT display and of the EEPROM in your audio shield. The first incarnation of the bug shows up performing a simple flash_read_id(id_tab), i think this is really all...
  42. A

I did include the Adafruit_ILI9341 (instead of ILI9341_t3) and now my code works. After these experiments I came to the conclusion that the library has a small bug that prevents us from correctly accessing the optional EEPROM in the Audio Board. It appears that the data from the *first* SPI...
  43. A

@mxxx thank you for your suggestion. I was not familiar with SPIFIFO, but after adding SPIFIFO.begin(f_cs, f_mosi, f_sck); in the setup, I also included digitalWrite(f_cs, LOW); and digitalWrite(f_cs,HIGH); to your code to get a complete page read. Unfortunately, this behaves exactly like...
  44. A

Hello Donziboy2, thank you for the digitalWriteFast suggestion, unfortunately that did not work. I also tried SPICLOCK, but i keep missing the first byte of the page read .... :(
  45. A

No success. I did re-write the equivalent of flash_read_pages using SPI.beginTransaction (see below), but as soon as I perform any tft operations (such as tft.fillScreen(ILI9341_BLACK) ) I miss the first byte from my read function. void flash_read_wave(unsigned char *p, int pn) { int address...
  46. A

W25Q128FV Serial Flasher

Was wondering if anybody has tried to connect: Audio Adapter +W25Q128 and ILI9341 I am having some issues with flash_read_pages https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/26305-Highly-optimized-ILI9341-%28320x240-TFT-color-display%29-library?p=64908&viewfull=1#post64908 Any suggestions? Thank you
  47. A

Nothing changes by applying 2.2K resistors between 3.3V and the CS for the color display (pin 21 in my case) and the CS for the audio shield (pin 6). Didn't have much time to look at the SW part, but I am the point where I think it is clear that flash_read_pages loses the first byte. Help :)
  48. A

There is indeed a conflict with with flash_spi.h and ILI9341_t3.h
  49. A

Any known conflicts with with flash_spi.h and ILI9341_t3.h? I am getting closer, the good news is that I am not facing a ground loop. I need to investigate the interaction of the optional eeprom in the audio shield (I installed the W25Q128, and I loaded it successfully with samples from SD...
  50. A

Thank you Paul, i am using the headphones actually. The buzz is very audible when I use a simple sine wave. If I play with removing the "tft.*" lines, the buzz starts with the first tft.fillScreen. The audio board and teensy 3.1 are stacked together, I am running MISO, MOSI, etc to the color...
Back