Search results

1. johnnyfp

Power Over Ethernet Prototype Board for Teensy 3.6

No sorry, there was no viable commercial interest in this product so we shelved the product.
  2. johnnyfp

I2C Slave on T3.6 receiving all messages after first match

Ok Answering my own question. Basically seems the Wire.h library is not Teensy3.6 friendly when using slave mode. Changing it to the i2c_t3 library fixes the issue.
  3. johnnyfp

Still the same issue. I'm wondering if a flag has to be cleared on the I2C bus?
  4. johnnyfp

Hi, I've got a very simple Master slave setup where the T3.6 would ignore any packets not addressed to it (as it should) and would fire the onRequest callback when a packet is addressed to it. However after the first addressed message, the T3.6 would then fire the onRequest callback for any...
  5. johnnyfp

Yep. But they are currently hand built. Shop is in the process of a revamp. Just a matter of priorities at the moment. Currently sorting out my PnP machine so I can get the price down.
  6. johnnyfp

Yeah sure. http://www.sharedcircuits.com
  7. johnnyfp

Yeah, They are available on a hand made version as my PnP Machine is still not fully functional. Current Price USD$104+shipping. This is for the 12v Non-isolated version. There is up to 2week lead time on this, depending on quantities required. Cheers.
  8. johnnyfp

Quick Links to Teensy 3.5/3.6 Git Libraries

Added k66 Ethernet Shield Example
  9. johnnyfp

Custom Teensy 3.2 Board programs but disappears

Try tying pin 8 to 7.
  10. johnnyfp

Interfacing with 24V industrial system

I would be tempted to skip isolation in favor of protection. And do something like the following Maybe attach a mov, or something similar.
  11. johnnyfp

Interfacing with 24V industrial system

How do you communicate with the main bus? Is the isolation required because of noise or voltage protection? Could you isolate the teensy from the Bus instead of having 24 isolation on the outputs, so that way the Teensy is considered on the dangerous/noisy side, and all you have to isolate is...
  12. johnnyfp

Planning on putting it on my shop for purchase in the near future. The Plans will be open source. Currently, I'm testing them (them! I've only made one) and also want to get a fully working IP stack for it. I'm also working on a Node JS version of the stack based on the Espruino. The prototype...
  13. johnnyfp

Teensy 3.5/3.6 Ethernet Wish List (PoE)

Poe module finally arrived Please see this post showing a fully working poe enabled ethernet phy shield. https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/40425-Power-Over-Ethernet-Prototype-Board-for-Teensy-3-6
  14. johnnyfp

Just like to share my next prototype board. Ethernet Shield with POE 802.3af/at based on the LAN8742A Eternet PHY on a Teensy3.6. The POE module is a Silvertel AG9912M supplying 12v to an onboard switch regulator to supply 5v to Teensy. What you think!
  15. johnnyfp

Waterproofing a project

How big is large? Could you pot it into epoxy?
  16. johnnyfp

Cutting Teensy 3.6 down to size?

Looking at the PCB I can see that the Reset line, Prog Line and VBat line are routed outside (on the SD side) of those pins. So cutting along those pins would I suspect disable those lines. Now if anything is feeding from that then it might disable the programming capability. Probably better off...
  17. johnnyfp

K66 Beta Test

I would not rely entirely on the pin between 12/24 as your only source of 3v3 as that is only connecting the other 3v3 pin via the through hole plating and a very small trace. There are a few other parts of the board that are feeding off the middle 3v, specifically the main transceiver IC. The...
  18. johnnyfp

K66 Beta Test

Yes looks good. The Ether board edges should line up with the T3.6 Board edges and the RJ45 socket be above the USB socket. However you are missing a few pins at the SD end that are needed for the Ether board. Specifically pin 28,27 and 3v3/GND. You may also want to bring up the Prog pin as...
  19. johnnyfp

Noise with ESP8266

Reminds me of the old days where I would wrap my BBS 1200baud modem in tin foil to reduce electric noise to get better performance and reduced drop outs. The question now is, is the noise coming from the ESP8266 RF side or the power side. Try putting a foil shield around the ESP module (maybe...
  20. johnnyfp

Noise with ESP8266

Try and put an inductor inline with the power to the ESP8266. Also where is the Antenna in relation with the rest of the circuit. If you move it away does the buzzing reduce?
  21. johnnyfp

Added Alternative Eagle Library
  22. johnnyfp

Pcb and componets less the POE module have arrived. Putting mine together and then going to try out a copy of Espruino that ive been tinkering with for the teensy. I've also been playing with getting miniweb server working and a few other ether net things working. All very early stages.
  23. johnnyfp

Linker failing build blink for Teensy 3.6

I copied the libraries from a linux installed copy of ardunio and have got past the arm_cortext lib issue. However, I am now getting a linker error with the merging because the linker thinks that my .ino file is using a soft-float where as all my libraries are compiled with a hard-float...
  24. johnnyfp

Mmmh I seemed to be missing these libraries. I think the online linux repo for arduino and arm-none-eabi are lacking. Maybe I've missed an apt-get install. Do you think I can get away with copying them from the Ardunio arm-none-eabi/lib dir on a windows machine.
  25. johnnyfp

WS2811 large project help

Have you read https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/33012-Gladiator-with-OctoWS2811-working-example?
  26. johnnyfp

Hi, I'm trying to get make to work using these instructions with a Teensy 3.6 and am failing to link to a math file with the following error /usr/share/arduino/hardware/tools/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-gcc -mthumb --specs=nano.specs -larm_cortexM4lf_math...
  27. johnnyfp

linux development without teensyduino - howto

Having followed the above instructions I've had to also issue the following commands to get it working sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-none-eabi
  28. johnnyfp

Connect 100+ steppers to Teensy

I suspect that the transistors will not be large enough or resilient enough to achieve what you want and may need to use mosfets. Also because steppers are in use, special care needs to be considered with back emf. Also you probably can get away with just disconnecting one side of the coils, so...
  29. johnnyfp

Connect 100+ steppers to Teensy

Are you planning on having 100+ DRV8825 as well?
  30. johnnyfp

Added RTIMULib2 link
  31. johnnyfp

Add Second USB-Serial ?

Frank, Did you get any further in getting this to work on Windows?
  32. johnnyfp

Please review my Eagle sch+brd files - first time user

There seems to be a lot of wasted space. PCB's are charge per square area. So you always want to try and keep it small as possible. There's no mounting holes. How are you going to fix it to anything. Can you route it on one layer? Saves you even more and challanges your Routing skills. Can you...
  33. johnnyfp

Teensy 3.6 USB Host support

Note, as it stands the UHS30 library doesn't support the 3.6's Second USB port. Only the main USB port. I am currently playing around with trying to get it working on the Second port, but looks like most of the naming and registries entries are very different from the first port. Maybe xxxajk...
  34. johnnyfp

microSD slot on teensy 3.6

Try the SDIO library and example available from https://github.com/greiman/SdFat-beta
  35. johnnyfp

Added INO Example sections. Added USB1 or USBHS example INO.
  36. johnnyfp

Well system monitoring... Use Teensy?

Ive got some of those neopixel leds. Want me to give them a try at 3.3v on a t3.6? [UPDATE]Yeah it works on 3.3v at full colour brightness on each colour. If you just have the one on a pin then It should be ok[/UPDATE]
  37. johnnyfp

K66 Beta Test

Where can I find the source to this benchmark program? Want to run several iterations of it while monitoring power and temperature of each type of Teensy.
  38. johnnyfp

Libraries ADC - https://github.com/pedvide/ADC DMASpi - https://github.com/crteensy/DmaSpi Ethernet IPStack - https://github.com/manitou48/teensy3/tree/master/k66lwip Ethernet/Crypto/Utils - https://github.com/manitou48/teensy3/ FastCRC - https://github.com/FrankBoesing/FastCRC Flexcan -...
  39. johnnyfp

Using ethernet on Teensy 3.5/3.6

This is my POE Shield adaptation for the Teensy 3.6 Hopefully it will help you with yours This is the teensy. And how it's connected to the Ethernet chip. And the Silvertel board.
  40. johnnyfp

Teensy 3.6 programming a Teensy, like arduino boards can? :-Silly sidetrack

So the Teensy 3.6 has USB Host capability. Wonder if you could rig it so that you could Use a teensy to program another teensy via the Host interface. And then, could you daisy chain multiple teensies to program the next teensy down the chain. And what if you use the last Teensy to program...
  41. johnnyfp

My T3.6 Sized POE Shield Just to add confusion into the mix. Here is my next project for my T3.6, A T3.6 Footprint size POE 802 compliant LAN Shield. The POE module is out mid to end NOV, but they are very small and not overly expensive ($7) per 1000 modules from SilverTel. A few things need...
  42. johnnyfp

K66 Beta Test

Mine got to 36% I win! 08:54:48: Bootloader update: 36% of estimated 8 seconds 08:54:48: Bootloader update finished, 2.9 seconds
  43. johnnyfp

Teensyduino installer does not show Mapped Drives

Indeed it does. And that is what I have done. However, just wanted to inform Paul of the bug.
  44. johnnyfp

Teensyduino installer does not show Mapped Drives

Hi, I'm trying to install Teensyduino over a mapped network drive on Windows 10 but the Mapped drives do no show up in the Select Arduino Folder list. I've also tried creating a network symbolic link directory on a local drive to the network drive, but it does not see the directories on the...
  45. johnnyfp

Oh no, I wouldn't sugguest you actually buy one. I paid nearly $800USD for the tank and remote pump system. Which is way too much, and if you have the time, I would take Ideas from it and build your own with a teensy and RF module for a tenth of the price. It is literally just that anyway, with...
  46. johnnyfp

Hi, Heres another product that you could get inspiration from, that I've bought for my water tanks. https://am.gallagher.com/nz/products/wireless-water-monitoring/one-tank-systems/G98131. I took the remote pump controller to see what drives it, and basically it's a 915Mhz RF Mesh Module and a...
  47. johnnyfp

Prop Shield Beta Test

@Paul The I2C part of the Gyro is working just not the sensor part. Your library checks that anyway. But in any case here is the output of the Scanner as requested. Scanning... Device found at address 0x1E (LSM303D,HMC5883L,FXOS8700,LIS3DSH) Device found at address 0x20...
  48. johnnyfp

Prop Shield Beta Test

The Gyro is dead, Long live the Gyro. Hi, I think my Gyro is Half dead on my Prop Shield! So after pointing out about the discrepancy of the NXPMotionSense.cpp library in post #171 and then seeing that the code hadn't been updated but other people where still getting the IMURead GUI working...
  49. johnnyfp

Prop Shield Beta Test

I'm assuming the NXPMotionSense CalibrateMagnetometer example is from your Github repo. In which case there is an issue with the update() method int the NXPMotionSense.cpp where you don't set newdata=1 for any new data. So nothing is outputted. EG void NXPMotionSense::update() { static...
  50. johnnyfp

Prop Shield Beta Test

Hi, I've tried the Audio Amp with the code Below, and can't get any sound out of the amplifier. I've got a signal from the DAC if I connect directly just no sound from the prop board. Could someone else try the code please see if you get some sound from the board? #include <Audio.h> #include...
Back